Follow

Hobgoblin (Kingsley)

Character » Hobgoblin (Kingsley) appears in 519 issues.

Roderick Kingsley became a worthy heir of the Goblin legacy, creating his own identity, of the Hobgoblin, rather than being just another Green Goblin clone.

What if a new writer changes the whole Hobgoblin identity?

GoblinFan2010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GoblinFan2010

I notice some writers kill off villains and change things around. One of my biggest fears is a new writer coming in and tampers with the whole Hobgoblin identity mystery like saying Roderick Kingsley wasn't the Hobgoblin after all, would most fans be pissed off? Me, I perfer Roderick as the real Hobgoblin, I really hope no new writer changes that. Now, I know Hobby's creator Roger Stern said he is Kingsley under the mask and there is strong evidence saying he is indeed the goblin, but any writer can change things around and say he was someome else. What do you guys think? Would you be angry if they f**k with the whole goblin mystery?
    goldenkey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By goldenkey

you might hear people bitch about it now that the Hobgoblin is back, or you might hear some of the older readers bitch about.  Fact is that since Norman Osborn has come back into Spider-man's life there really hasn't been much of a use for Hobgoblin.  The whole reason there even is a Hobgoblin is because there was such demand for a return of Green Goblin, but before Superman returning from the dead characters stayed dead.  How long was Norman Osborn dead for, something like over 20 years, but he even when he was dead he was still Spider-man greatest enemy.  By bringing the threat of Norman back there are few villians that have taken a step down from the threat level, Venom is on of them.  Harry Osborn finally got the Goblin formula in him making him more like Norman but they killed him off.  With Norman back the Hobgoblin is secondary villian to Spider-man,  This story might  change that, and it's a twist I don't think anyone thought would happen. 
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By The Hobgoblin

The only identity changing I wanna see is a retcon that someone else wore the mask when he was wrongfully killed/decapitated. That's all.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.