Follow

Hobgoblin (Kingsley)

Character » Hobgoblin (Kingsley) appears in 519 issues.

Roderick Kingsley became a worthy heir of the Goblin legacy, creating his own identity, of the Hobgoblin, rather than being just another Green Goblin clone.

Top 10 Suspects as to Who the New Hobgoblin Is

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Edited By The Hobgoblin
    Amazing Spider-Man #649
    Amazing Spider-Man #649

Dan Slott's already confimed there won't be a mystery as to who the new Hobgoblin is; in fact, they're revealing his identitiy in the first issue. But that doesn't mean we can't speculate as to who it will be until then. Here's a list of the top suspects.  

Vin Gonzalez
    I honestly hope Vin isn't the new Hobgoblin, but it would fit. He hates Spider-Man. I was personally hoping Kingsley would be back in the goblin gliding saddle, but with a costume like that, I think Kingsley would be embarassed to walk out in public like that; he is a fashion designer after all. Plus, this could be Dan Slott's way of elevating some of the Brand New Day supporting cast to a more main-stay status and to have new characters like Vin leave their mark in the Spider-Man mythos, instead of fading into the background completely. 

2. Roderick Kingsley

Ok. Maybe it is Roderick Kingsley. He's come out of retirement before. The horrible costume would throw others off, myself included. Or perhaps being away from the business so long has kept him from seeing how out of touch his fashion sense is these days. If it's not Kingsley, I hope Roddy pays the new Hobby a visit and does to him what he did to Jason Macendale. There's only room enough in town for one Hobgoblin, and Kingsley's it. 

3. Lefty Donovan

He was Kingsley's dupe whom he tested the strength enhancing formula on. When Kingsley had no further use for him, he caused Lefy's glider to go haywire and crash into the side of a building. But come on. The goblin formula provides a healing factor. If Norman can be stabbed in the chest and live, perhaps Lefty could shrug off a little building scuff. 

4. Dexter Bennet

Last we saw ol' Dex, he had a grudge against ol' Spidey  and  was handicapped. But that doesn't stop the Owl, and who's to say the new Hobgoblin's costume can support cybernetic leg braces under it? Just a possibility. 

5. Harry Osborn

Once a goblin, always a goblin. Plus he must be close to a breaking point; his father slept with his girlfriend who also turned out to be a supervillan and conceived a child with him. Maybe Harry's off the wagon, or in this case, glider. 

6. Jason Macendale

Last we saw Jason he was a charred pile of bones. But let's not rule anything out. Could've been a clone; it was the '90s after all. Plus, why would Slott go out of his way to mention a guy no one's thought about in over 10 years when naming potential suspects? 

7. Senator Robert Martin  

Father of the Schizoid Man, he has a burning hatred for Spider-Man. While his mind was becoming more savage before his transformation into the Spider-Lizard, Spider-Man angrily beat his son so bad, that his therapy may have been irreprably set back. I'd say his hatred is well-placed, even if it wasn't Spidey's fault; how's Sen. Martin supposed to know it was his turning into the Spider-Lizard that made him do it? He was a Hobgoblin suspect back in the day, who's to say he finally didn't become him? 

8. Ned Leeds 

He wasn't the original Hobgoblin like we thought for so many years, but who's to say he isn't back alive, somehow still brainwashed into believing he is? 

9. Roger Hochberg

A science grad student who went to college with Peter Parker? A character written by Roger Stern? Double check. He appeared in the old Stern stories right around the original Hobgoblin saga, and was shown to be quite intelligent. It's always the last guy you suspect, and who would've seen this coming? Aside from me, of course. 

10. J.Jonah Jameson, Sr.

The guy's past is shady. Why did he have to leave his own son? Perhaps he's an international criminal (Who may have been the Hobgoblin who appeared in Bendis' Secret War). JJJ, Jr. doesn't like him, and that's good enough for me. Plus he'd have a one up on Doc Ock when they have supervillain get-togethers. 

Well, what do you guys think? Who's gonna be the new Hobgoblin?
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jotham

Okay, I've heard of Harry Osborn, so I'll guess it's him.

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @Jotham:
    That's certainly understandable, considering how much he's been through in the past year or so.
    Shadowsnake89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Shadowsnake89

Interesting, i'd like to think Dexter Bennett.
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @Shadowsnake89:
    The whole handicap thing would be a good cover for him.
    Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mutant God

I dont think its Ned because he is dead.
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @Mutant God:
    It sure didn't stop Norman Osborn.
    LT1085

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By LT1085

My money is on Vin.

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @LT1085:
    I hope not, but I fear you may be right. Especially after you consider his new tattoo and devotion to Stormin' Norman... I just hope that if it is true, Kingsley returns to show Vin the error of his ways.
    Benuben

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By Benuben

In Vin case, it would really make much more sence.... But if Hobgoblin is Harry, than I really hope that he will stay as good guy.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By danhimself

you're still guessing??   It's Roderick Kingsley

Calvin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Calvin

Last time was a chick! 

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @danhimself:
    Well, to be fair, Kingpin only said "Mr.Kingsley", and Dan Slott refuses to confirm it's Roderick for sure in interview followups, so there could be more to this than meets the eye. Could the new costume be a costume provided by Kingsley for a new dupe/stand in? I wouldn't put it past Kingsley to keep the cool, classic costume for himself.
    draco_01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By draco_01

It ended up being Phil Urich which totally sucked.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.