Follow

Hobgoblin (Kingsley)

Character » Hobgoblin (Kingsley) appears in 519 issues.

Roderick Kingsley became a worthy heir of the Goblin legacy, creating his own identity, of the Hobgoblin, rather than being just another Green Goblin clone.

New Hobgoblin any Thoughts?

Avatar image for the_angry_comic_book_critic
    The Angry Comic Book Critic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 78

User Lists: 6

No Caption Provided
    how the mighty have fallen it looks like someone was hitting the Crackpipe pretty hard when they came up with this design for old Hobogoblin.....same goes for Spidey
    Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

Actually he looks similar to Demogoblin, a variant of Hob Goblin. But I agree that the classic look is better. 

The new Spider-Man costume doesn't look awesome, but it's far from Spidey's worst outfit. It's sure not to last.

Dark Walker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Dark Walker

Wow he looks...uh...ridiculous, not really digging Spidey's new look either. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Decoy Elite: You know now that you mention it he kinda does look like demogoblin and I think Spidey's new outfit has to be the worse on to date I'm mean the Iron Spider-man suit was odd but at least it had some cool features to it this its like it's sole purpose was to be a billboard for a night club
    Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Decoy Elite
    @The Angry Comic Book Critic said:
    " @Decoy Elite: You know now that you mention it he kinda does look like demogoblin and I think Spidey's new outfit has to be the worse on to date I'm mean the Iron Spider-man suit was odd but at least it had some cool features to it this its like it's sole purpose was to be a billboard for a night club "
    I think the new costume will have some sort of new feature(my guess is based on the version of Hobgoblin he's fighting that it's meant to counter magic somehow).

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Decoy Elite: ....I have no idea how that could possibly work for Peter Parker considering how he's unemployed and I'm pretty sure after all the OMIT Bullshit Dr.Strange isn't going to give him any more freebies any time soon
    Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Decoy Elite
    @The Angry Comic Book Critic: Same way he got his hands on 5 different costumes in that one story arc. Plot.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#8  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

It's Humberto Ramos, what are you gonna do?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " It's Humberto Ramos, what are you gonna do? "
    QFT
    Avatar image for deactivated-5ffc7df6492da
    deactivated-5ffc7df6492da

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 2

I see a flame sword I'm happy

Andferne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#11  Edited By Andferne

Hobbie does not look too bad. Just can't get over how lame the Spidey outfit is. Is he going to or returning from a Rave or something? >_>

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By The Hobgoblin

Leave it to Humberto Ramos to ruin not one Goblin, but two of them (Both of the Green and Hob varieties)!
    Avatar image for marvelunivers_deleteme
    marvelunivers_deleteme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Would be great if it was kingsley, the true hobgoblin

Avatar image for violet_eyed_dragon
    Violet-Eyed Dragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

@The Angry Comic Book Critic: it looks like jason macendale
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Theworldbreaker

well i heard him raping kitty pryde in the bathroom so i hate him along with all the other rapists thats my 2 cents.
    Avatar image for u_r_sofa_king_we_todd_did
    U R Sofa King We Todd Did

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaper2923 said:
    " I see a flame sword I'm happy "
    acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By acewasp23

kk i know im a little late but i just found the thread.. LoL 
    anyhow i have to say from what i have seen and read im really not a fan.. i loved the old Kingsley Goblin and i've always hated phil urich, he was more of a joke rather than a green goblin.. im really hoping this is just another Kingsley mind trick (he's used people and robots for personal gain in the past) because the new costume isnt the joke, its the fact that phil urich is taking over.. the kid had all could do in the past just to take down a Sentinal. in doing so he lost his glider and the source of not just his power but also that sonic laugh he seems to have magically retained.  

I really hope they kill him off some time soon, or somehow (like i said Kingsley used both people and robotics in the past, i dont thnk he would go in there without sending in a pawn first) bring Kingsley back to do it in the classic Kingsley/Hobgoblin style.. LoL

ImperiousRix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#18  Edited By ImperiousRix

I really liked the LOOK of the new Hobgoblin, but then he opened his mouth for the first time (after donning the threads). 
    Oh boy.  I say it takes a special kind of villain and a special kind of writer to really pull off the "joke-y, yet intimidating" villain, and this is just not working for me.  When I first heard that Urich was taking over the mantle, I though it would be ok.  When I first gleaned what his motivations would be, I thought it would be pretty interesting.  I'm just NOT digging his banter with Spidey.  Especially when his reveal issue started with Roderick Kingsley being such a bad ass, it was just a severe let down. 
    I hope he eventually is written in a way that meshes better, but right now... eeeeeh.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By iLLituracy

I like how he's the reverse-Parker.

acewasp23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By acewasp23
    @ImperiousRix said:
    "I really liked the LOOK of the new Hobgoblin, but then he opened his mouth for the first time (after donning the threads). Oh boy.  I say it takes a special kind of villain and a special kind of writer to really pull off the "joke-y, yet intimidating" villain, and this is just not working for me.  When I first heard that Urich was taking over the mantle, I though it would be ok.  When I first gleaned what his motivations would be, I thought it would be pretty interesting.  I'm just NOT digging his banter with Spidey.  Especially when his reveal issue started with Roderick Kingsley being such a bad ass, it was just a severe let down. I hope he eventually is written in a way that meshes better, but right now... eeeeeh. "

don't know.. I'm going to have a hard time Believing Kingsleys Dead..  
    Like i said he has used Droids, Other people, and even his own brother as pawns before..  
    not to mention this isn't the first time the Hobgoblin's been dead, and has used other people to be his fall guy.

in the end I'm hoping its another Kingsley Trick .. one reason being Ive never been a fan of the Urich Goblin and don't understand how he could retain the sonic laugh without the Green Goblin Mask.. it was one of the Mask's features..

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.