Follow

Hobgoblin (Kingsley)

Character » Hobgoblin (Kingsley) appears in 519 issues.

Roderick Kingsley became a worthy heir of the Goblin legacy, creating his own identity, of the Hobgoblin, rather than being just another Green Goblin clone.

Hobgoblin Returns: I'm Baaaaack!!!

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

Edited By The Hobgoblin

Finally. It happened. When Dan Slott was announced as the sole writer on Amazing Spider-Man at the 2010 SDCC, he also revealed that he was bringing the Hobgoblin along for the ride! Excited? You bet I am! Except for 3 words: Humberto Ramos redesign (See the following link, since I don't want something so ugly dragging down the appearance of this blog).  
    http://img85.imageshack.us/img85/694/spidermanbigtimespiderm.jpg     

Yeah, the guy behind the hideous Green Goblin costume redesign back in the 2000's has redesigned MY costume? What the hell was wrong with my old costume, Ramos?!? That's right , NOT A DAMN THING!!! I know I should be more excited (I am excited, don't get me wrong, but I should be jumping up and down shouting "HUZZAH!!!"), but holy hell is that ugly! It's gonna take a powerful story to make up for that sorry looking POS. Best of luck to Dan Slott, Marcos Martin (That guy's art ROCKS!), and the other artist whose name escapes me for the moment. As for my initial reaction to the costume on the CBR forum, here it is: 

My eyes hurt. Thanks Ramos, you've succeeded again.

I think it's safe to say I am one of the Hobgoblin's biggest fans; I've been laboring for ol' Roderick Kingsley to return for years now, but my goodness does that outfit suck the big one! Wow that is God-Awful; and that's putting it politely! It's like Ramos thought "Gee, I'll just slap a bunch of random ugly stuff on here and then call it a day." Flaming swords and a wing jet-pack?!? Ramos, what the hell were you thinking?!? I should be excited for Hobby's return, not disappointed. I hope this travesty is rectified ASAP and later looked upon as a worse redesign than John Byrne's Electro from Chapter One.The only small, possible saving grace may be Dan Slott writing him; hopefully I can look past the sh!^^y design if the story blows me away. Then again, I loved the Spidey/Deadpool story in Amazing Spider-Man #611, but the art made it painful to read. If not for Joe Kelly, that issue would've been the biggest waste of cash in a looooong time.

Wow, I didn't even rant or rave half that bad after OMD/BND (I didn't even rant or rave about it online at all, to be honest)! If that doesn't tell you how bad I hate this redesign, nothing will!

On a positive note, it could be Roderick Kingsley under that mask, so there is that to possibly look forward to.  

I'd be ok if he concealed the crappy looking backpack wings under his cape as a clever way of saving himself if he should  fall off his glider, but not as his only means of flight! Every Goblin NEEDS a glider! They even gave that wench Menace a glider!  

And looking back on my quote, I might ease up if this WASN'T Kingsley under that mask; Kingsley is a fashion designer. He wouldn't be caught dead wearing that crappy getup. Here's hoping that Kingsley returns in classic bad-ass costume to show this potential pretender (If it isn't Kingsley under the crappy costume's mask) who's the best Hobby. I do eagerly anticipate the upcoming story featuring Hobby's return to Amazing Spider-Man (Notice I didn't say art), and you should, too.

What do you guys think about Hobgoblin's new design?
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Primmaster64

new spidey costume too?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By InnerVenom123

Sorry about your crappy re-design.

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @Primmaster64:
    Yep. It's not bad looking, though it'd be even cooler in my opinion if they made it red instead of green. The original black costume was going to be red and black, but due to printing problems, it was made black and white.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Primmaster64
    @InnerVenom123: venom try to be nice
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @InnerVenom123:
    Like I said, hopefully it's some other chump who has to wear that get-up in public.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By InnerVenom123
    @The Hobgoblin: It could be worse.
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @InnerVenom123:
    Yeah, they could've got Eric Canete to redesign him.
    Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

I'm excited

The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 0

#9  Edited By The_Martian

I was trying to figure out who was in the picture with the cool new costume.

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir:
    Should be good, given that Dan Slott is writing it. I wonder if Hobby will tie into Slott's idea for "Reckoning War".
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @Nobody:
    Spider-Man's the one with the cool new costume.
    The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12  Edited By The_Martian
    @The Hobgoblin said:
    " @Nobody: Spider-Man's the one with the cool new costume. "
    No, I was trying to figure out who was in the picture with Spider-Man. You answered my question with your thread :)
    The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @Nobody:
    Haha, I thought that's what you meant, but I was taking a jab at Hobby's new look. ;)
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Primmaster64
    @The Hobgoblin: cool
    Avatar image for jesusdisciple001
    jesusdisciple001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jesusdisciple001

I like both costumes.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.