Follow

Hobgoblin (Kingsley)

Character » Hobgoblin (Kingsley) appears in 519 issues.

Roderick Kingsley became a worthy heir of the Goblin legacy, creating his own identity, of the Hobgoblin, rather than being just another Green Goblin clone.

Hobgoblin in movie

serb goblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By serb goblin

If hobgoblin was to be in the next spiderman movie, would he resemble the green goblin or the new goblin?

Tyrannotaur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Tyrannotaur

I really don't want any more goblins in the movies. But I'd say he'd be a bit of both. There's a scene in the third one where you see all of Harry's prototypes. There's a gold one that reminded me of Hobgoblin.

PolarisJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By PolarisJunkie

Yeah, if there is another Spider-Man movie, then I'd much rather see something else. But frankly, 3 wasn't so great. I think it should just end as is.

Kraven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Kraven

I think the idea of the "New Goblin" was blending the Green Goblin II with concepts of what they would have done with a Hobgoblin for the movies. There will definitely be no more Goblins in this lline of movies. But I agree that they ruined everything with 3 so if they do make a 4th it'll probably be terrible. What is it about 3rd installments of superhero franchises? Superman 3, Batman Forever, X3, Spider-man 3, they were all preceeded by good films but they turned out to be horribly disappointing.

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Save Hobgoblin for a later movie. And have him in the classic Hobgoblin look, please. No more techno-goblin crap.

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6  Edited By The Hobgoblin

fesak says:

"Save Hobgoblin for a later movie. And have him in the classic Hobgoblin look, please. No more techno-goblin crap."

I agree, the classic look for Hobgoblin should be used if they decide to use him. If not, then at the very least, they should use an orange & blue variation of Alex Ross's Green Goblin design for the 1st Spider-Man film. I think you could fight Ross's version in the 1st Spidey movie game by wearing the Alex Ross designed Spidey outfit.

Sheep-Kill

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 24

#7  Edited By Sheep-Kill

If there is going to be a hobgoblin, I say stick with the original style. One thing I would say, is make it some what gothic. Rodgrick Kingsly was a fashion designer, I say he should make it his own instead of borrowing the Osbourne suits and mask. Make the mask like something that Todd McFarrlen would do. Fangs, mask made of bone, long ears. Make the glider look like the horned bat as well. I say get the dude who played sick boy in Trainspotting.

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8  Edited By The Hobgoblin

Post Deleted.

See my "Bring on the Hobgoblin" thread/forum for my "Bring Back the Original Hobgoblin!" video.
    Post Edited:2008-04-09 16:43:19

sky goblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#9  Edited By sky goblin
    The Hobgoblin said:
    "

fesak says:

"Save Hobgoblin for a later movie. And have him in the classic Hobgoblin look, please. No more techno-goblin crap."

I agree, the classic look for Hobgoblin should be used if they decide to use him. If not, then at the very least, they should use an orange & blue variation of Alex Ross's Green Goblin design for the 1st Spider-Man film. I think you could fight Ross's version in the 1st Spidey movie game by wearing the Alex Ross designed Spidey outfit.

"

you both have the right ideas i say the first 3 movies sucked. hobgoblin should be in the fourth one in the classic orange and blue outfit and should kill gwen stacy because she should die in the movies like she did in the comics and since green goblins dead roderick kingsley/the original hobgoblin would be the best replacement for gwen stacy's killer.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.