Follow

Hobgoblin (Kingsley)

Character » Hobgoblin (Kingsley) appears in 519 issues.

Roderick Kingsley became a worthy heir of the Goblin legacy, creating his own identity, of the Hobgoblin, rather than being just another Green Goblin clone.

Bring on the Hobgoblin

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By The Hobgoblin

It's been almost 10 years since we've seen the original Hobgoblin, Roderick Kingsley. Last we saw him, he was sunbathing in the Caribbean. I for one, think it's time for a comeback. We need another goblin since Norman Osborn is off leading the Thunderbolts. Now's the perfect time for the Hobgoblin to return and lay a world of hurt on your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man. But let's also see him return as Norman Osborn's enemy as well. That would make for some really good stories. They could have that his money is all gone, his brother (Daniel) is dead, and now he has nothing left to lose. With that said, have him return to get revenge on those who ruined his life (Osborn for taking over his company, Betty Brant for helping to expose him as the Hobgoblin, and Spider-Man for foiling him at every turn). Plus, we may also get to see the greatest goblin battle/story of all time, with Spidey in the middle of it all. I feel that Kingsley has the power to orchestrate one of the most brilliant schemes Spider-Man has ever seen: To not only destroy Spidey, his friends, and family, but his greatest enemy (Osborn), as well. I also heard some say that he could/should come back and infiltrate the Thunderbolts (Perhaps in disguise) to attack Osborn or turn the Thunderbolts against him. If he decides not to do that, perhaps he could form/lead a new team of villains to fight the Thunderbolts while he focuses on Osborn. I was thinking he could form a new Sinister Syndicate, Masters of Evil or something like that (Perhaps a new team name?).

Here's some possible recruits:

1.) Chameleon (To help infiltrate the Thunderbolts)

2.) Shocker

3.) Rhino

4.) Hydro-Man

5.) (New) Jack O' Lantern

6.) Vulture

7.) Sandman

8.) Scarecrow

9.) Swarm

As you can probably tell, I'm a big fan of the Hobgoblin. He's on of my favorite Spidey villains. I feel that he's a really cool and under-used villain as of late. How about you? Would you like to see Roderick Kingsley return as the Hobgoblin?
    Post Edited:2007-12-21 22:07:44
    Post Edited:2007-12-21 22:10:44

fesak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By fesak  Moderator

Yeah, that's a great idea. I always thought Hobgoblin was the best goblin. It would be great to see him kick some Thunderbolts ass.

Black Smile

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Black Smile

can't say i don't like the sound of that in fact it would make for a killer new spidey movie don't u guys think I mean the movie series needs some juice after the two most recent flops

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By The Hobgoblin

fesak says:

"Yeah, that's a great idea. I always thought Hobgoblin was the best goblin. It would be great to see him kick some Thunderbolts ass."

I agree, Hobgoblin is the best goblin. Before the Death of Gwen Stacy story, Green Goblin was pretty cool, but he hasn't done a whole lot since, although he's still one of my favorite villains. I almost think that it's ashame they brought him back.

I think that one of Hobgoblin's greatest aspects is that he's not insane, he's in control of his actions; he knows what he's doing. He's just out for personal gain and power, not revenge. And yes, him laying a smack down on the Thunderbolts would be awesome.

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By The Hobgoblin

Here's my Bring Back the Original Hobgoblin! video:

P.S. Bring Back the Original Hobgoblin!

Avatar image for firestormnuclerman
    Firestormnuclerman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So all other Hobgoblins have failed to live up the Sinisterness of the original?

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @Firestormnuclerman:
    Pretty much, yeah.
    Aerorious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Aerorious

Hopefully one day he will return... but maybe they should use the secret wars hobgoblin? I mean I doubt the original would want to leave retirement. Of course having the original around again would be just plain awesome!

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The Hobgoblin

No arguments here (Pertaining to how great it'd be if the original Hobgoblin returned, although I would like more info. on Secret War Hobby).
    Omega Ray Jay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Omega Ray Jay

Now that you mentioned it, it would be awesome to see Hobgoblin thunder back into the Marvel world and do some serious damage to the Dark Reign and heroes, and to be honist to finnishe the whole affair with a battle between Norman and Hobgoblin would do it for me more so than anyone elce i can think of

The Hobgoblin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By The Hobgoblin
    @Omega Ray Jay:
    It would be cool to say the least. As his first act of business, I'd like to see him off the Hood for control of the "Kingpin" title.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.