Follow

Hit-Monkey

Character » Hit-Monkey appears in 77 issues.

A simian hit-man, seeking to avenge the deaths of his tribe members using skills he learned from the world's greatest assassin. He has a movie based on him in-universe. He also likes to shoot Deadpool. Sweet foot-shooting action!

Hitman Monkey Faces Off Against Deadpool

• 77 results
    Grendel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#51  Edited By Grendel

OMG ZOMBIES/ NINJAS /PIRATES / MONKEYS ARE SOOOOO HILARIOUS AND ROXORS11111!!!!!!

...only, not really. And disliking the obnoxious stupidity and baffling overexposure of Deadpool makes me feel like a jaded ass%$&^. But the every so often I give him a shot, the more I feel that way.

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

User Lists: 9

#52  Edited By SevanGrim
    @iLLituracy said:

" @John Valentine said:

" @Vortex13 said:

"@danhimself said:

" next Marvel will have a comic book about chickens crossing roads "

Hey as long as they use the ones I said when I was a kid I'd be happy. "Why did the dead baby cross the road? Because it was stapled to the chicken."......wow.... I was kinda f***ed up for a six-year-old. "
    ..........   This is why DC is the better publisher (most of the time).... "
    Detective Chimp.  I see how it is. A monkey can walk around as a detective but not a hitman. "
    the reason everyone lets  Detective chimp, Gorilla Grodd, Congo Bill, and Monsieur Mallah slide is because we all know their cheesy. They where made back in the day when you could get away with crap like that, and DC doesnt try to trick their readers into believing these are star characters. 
     the reason why everyone is so on the fence on this is becuase this is soooo unoriginal and cheesy. theres a difference between using a cheesy character becuase they are a part of comics history, and making a cheesy character becuase you saw a funny picture.
    also, notice how serious DC takes every last one of their monkey characters. Yes, they sound silly, but every last one of them is a supremely deep character.
     But the simple facts are that Hitman Monkey is a joke. He was made from a joke, and he's being showcased in a comic thats nothing but jokes. 
     its blatant how unserious this is supposed to be... but your supposed to shell out 3-4 bucks for it anyway? I just hate knowing that Marvel has so much money that they can make comics and characters out of a picture of a monkey...
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

#53  Edited By jefprice

It's deadpool, take lightly laugh hard.

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Grim said:
    " @iLLituracy said:

" @John Valentine said:

" @Vortex13 said:

"@danhimself said:

Hey as long as they use the ones I said when I was a kid I'd be happy. "Why did the dead baby cross the road? Because it was stapled to the chicken."......wow.... I was kinda f***ed up for a six-year-old. "
    Detective Chimp.  I see how it is. A monkey can walk around as a detective but not a hitman. "
    the reason everyone lets  Detective chimp, Gorilla Grodd, Congo Bill, and Monsieur Mallah slide is because we all know their cheesy. They where made back in the day when you could get away with crap like that, and DC doesnt try to trick their readers into believing these are star characters.   the reason why everyone is so on the fence on this is becuase this is soooo unoriginal and cheesy. theres a difference between using a cheesy character becuase they are a part of comics history, and making a cheesy character becuase you saw a funny picture. also, notice how serious DC takes every last one of their monkey characters. Yes, they sound silly, but every last one of them is a supremely deep character. But the simple facts are that Hitman Monkey is a joke. He was made from a joke, and he's being showcased in a comic thats nothing but jokes.   its blatant how unserious this is supposed to be... but your supposed to shell out 3-4 bucks for it anyway? I just hate knowing that Marvel has so much money that they can make comics and characters out of a picture of a monkey... "
    Everyone's up in arms because he's a Monkey primarily from what I've seen. People are talking about how this is a stupid idea because he's a monkey, that's why I pointed out Detective Chimp, I didn't say Gorilla Grodd or any of the following because they're technically apes, right? I'm not up on my primate knowledge, so yeah. Even then, Marvel has two Gorilla Mans and a couple of other intelligent primate characters.

As blatant as the joke factor to this character is, they've already explained that there would be serious undertones, so I'm imagining something akin to Deadpool himself. Deadpool isn't simply a joke book, if you've read Deadpool there are serious undertones, behind most of the crazy crap he does, there's a purpose. There's actual CHARACTER in Deadpool, that's what people tend to forget, but this isn't about Deadpool or his personality, but the fact of the matter is his book--while it should be enjoyed for the funny factor--has a serious side to it Deadpool's titles aren't just for the lulz..

As far as the inspiration for Hitman Monkey is, I could get inspiration for a marketable character by doing the most inane thing. Why not while looking at an Lolcat picture?

People are taking this way too seriously.
    Archetype

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By Archetype

To be fair DC's Rage Cat/Dex-star is basically a lolcat

I Kan Hais Raeg Nao?
     I Kan Hais Raeg Nao?
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#56  Edited By The_Ghostshell

Hitman Monkey = Badass

SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By SevanGrim
    @iLLituracy: im telling you, its just that its just a blatant ploy. The monkey in a suit thing is just too cheesy. It owuld have even been better if they spent 6 months developing a character and THEN put him into a monkey body. but they just thought up a joke and tossed it in, and in this kind of economy where most of us have to make cuts weekly, that kind of toss-together comic is not what we want.
     i know the apes arent technicaly monkesy, i was just pointing out how no one else is juts CREATING ape/monkey characters anymore. 
    @jefprice:
    thats the only reason this is even kinda flying, because its in Deadpool. it really just bugs me that Marvel is hyping this joke sooo much. i wouldnt have hated just him existing in deadpool, but a net comic and all this "most exciting character" bull is pissing me off. their killing Deadpool for allot of us becuase their turning a character who used to just have a cult following into a cash cow. id e just as upset if DC started doing this with Plastic Man.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By iLLituracy
    @Grim said:
    " @iLLituracy: im telling you, its just that its just a blatant ploy. The monkey in a suit thing is just too cheesy. It owuld have even been better if they spent 6 months developing a character and THEN put him into a monkey body. but they just thought up a joke and tossed it in, and in this kind of economy where most of us have to make cuts weekly, that kind of toss-together comic is not what we want.
     i know the apes arent technicaly monkesy, i was just pointing out how no one else is juts CREATING ape/monkey characters anymore. 
    @jefprice: thats the only reason this is even kinda flying, because its in Deadpool. it really just bugs me that Marvel is hyping this joke sooo much. i wouldnt have hated just him existing in deadpool, but a net comic and all this "most exciting character" bull is pissing me off. their killing Deadpool for allot of us becuase their turning a character who used to just have a cult following into a cash cow. id e just as upset if DC started doing this with Plastic Man. "
    If we were talking about something popular, something that's on everyone's tongue, then I'd agree that it's a ploy. But this isn't something that's even that popular, it's someone looking at a picture and saying "this may make a good character." A funny character, yes. A joke character, yes. But something they thought was GOOD, nonetheless. I'm not defending it wholly, of course there's something there that's like "monkey with guns, this sounds stupid." But there are a bunch of ideas that sound stupid on paper, sound stupid when you read about it, that have gone on to be successful ventures. Especially when it comes to Marvel.

Building up a character just to turn him into a monkey sounds dumb. No offense, but people who became attached to that certain character would become highly upset. It would be best to have him start out as a monkey IF he was actually a human once upon a time. That's like me taking Spider-Man and turning him into a monkey. Forever. And solidifying it by saying he can never come back from being a monkey or whatever I'm changing him into. Of course, Quesada would reverse my decision, get Galactus to wind back time and start a whole new weekly series based on him rewriting most of Spidey's modern adventures, but you get what I'm saying, I hope.

For the record, Deadpool isn't the only joke comic Marvel has put out. You didn't say that it is, but you're certainly acting like it is. If it wasn't Deadpool, it would have been another comic, probably. And it's Marvel's JOB to try and SELL a character as the hottest thing since sliced bread. That's their goal, to get you to buy it. I've only heard of Hitman Monkey a handful of times, and I've only seen one article of him on Marvel.com stating where he would appear and where you could expect to see him in the future. Other than that, I think Tom has tweeted about it once from what I've seen and this article on ComicVine and another post about Hitman Monkey. That's it.

No one likes Plastic Man like they like Deadpool. I don't understand the whole mentality over disliking a character's growth in popularity. Deadpool's comics, from what I've seen, haven't changed much [I don't read Merc With a Mouth, so if that's any different, I'unno']. They sell, it's working for Marvel, so they're capitalizing on Deadpool's success. But all in all no one has their hands on Deadpool #20 is all I'm saying. Don't knock it until you read it.
    jefprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By jefprice
    @iLLituracy: @Grim: Comics should be fun, this is a DEADPOOL thing that involves others, and it looks fun, God help us if we now take Deadpool comics and funny hyped up jokes that show these guys still can have fun, so seriously that we get this worked about them. 
    King Quisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By King Quisling

No Caption Provided
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By SevanGrim
    @iLLituracy: something thats not that popular? Deadpool just became Uber popular. Thats tghe problem. He jumped up in fame, and now Marvel's putting every idea they want to do well in his comic. 
     and no, if they created a character, built him up for 6 months (thats like six issues in case you where wondering) and then turned him into a monkey, it would not be stupid. It would not make all of the characters fans angry, becuase hes only been around for six months. And, incidentally, thats the same reason your spiderman comparison is way off mark. I didnt say turn some massively established character into a permanent monkey. I mean creating a character, building him up overthe course of a few months with ineresting stories and interactions, and then doing whatever happened to Hitman monkey to him. This is an example of what it would happen if this Hitman monkey deal was actually though out, instead of someone in Marvel saying "yeah, put a monkey in a suit and make him inexplicably bad ass. that'll tide over our readers".
     Deadpool is the only comic of its kind. Its why im so upset that they have been abusing it so these last couple of years. It used to have a large following of people WITHOUT the constant hyping. But now, DP's gonna have a movie and MArvel's just throwing everything they can into it. Thats exactly why he's had X-man, the Avengers, and now Spiderman and some stupid monkey that Marvel's been hyping like its the second coming. Deadpool is their newest cash cow, and right now their doing exactly what they did with spiderman when they gave him internal webbing: their changing him from something his fans would like into something the masses will like. you go read his old solo comic and this new one and tell me its  the same. Cuz its so much easier to point out an idiot when he's lying....
     im not completly knocking it. if you actually read my posts instead of just bashing my opinions, youll notice i have really just been explaining why people might not like it, not that i hate it. if this actually works out for me i'll say it does. But im not gonna stop being upset that marvel has sooo much cash that their blowing DC out of the water simply by flooding the market with whatever crap comes to them on the internet.

and ps people do like Plastic Man. Its that whole CULT FOLLOWING thing i was talking about. Just becuase DC isnt exploiting the hell out of him doesnt mean nobody likes him.
    drawme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By drawme

I´m waiting for the Deadpool issue. It seems really funny.

SUPER-MAN 23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 789

User Lists: 8

#63  Edited By SUPER-MAN 23

Deadpool either blows a Hole through his head or Spider-man will web him up then Spidey will say "I have Webed him up, now lets give him to the police" And then Deadpool comes and Kicks the monkey off and then says "Oops He went splat" With a sinister laugh. 

One issue done he dies in his first issue 

Avatar image for they_killed_cap_
    They Killed Cap!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By They Killed Cap!

lammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmme
    Suigetsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Suigetsu

I dont like anthropomorphic animals... that aint funny anymoar =/

frogger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By frogger
    @BiteMe-Fanboy: stop hating. hitman monkey might turn out to be kick ass.. and stop with the 'only marvel' crap.  

kick ass is just another hyped up comic itself. Marvel uses such hype to get fanboys to buy variant covers and 2nd printings.

kick ass- "greatest superhero book of all time" MY @$$. 

Hitman Monkey- really? Mavel couldnt come up with something more creative.
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By iLLituracy
    @jefprice said:
    " @iLLituracy: @Grim: Comics should be fun, this is a DEADPOOL thing that involves others, and it looks fun, God help us if we now take Deadpool comics and funny hyped up jokes that show these guys still can have fun, so seriously that we get this worked about them.  "
    Amen.
    SevanGrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By SevanGrim
    @iLLituracy said:
    " @jefprice said:
    " @iLLituracy: @Grim: Comics should be fun, this is a DEADPOOL thing that involves others, and it looks fun, God help us if we now take Deadpool comics and funny hyped up jokes that show these guys still can have fun, so seriously that we get this worked about them.  "
    Amen. "
    all of us have fun reading our comics. But just like every other hobby and pass time in the world, its fans like to make their opinions heard. and just like every other individual in the world, we dont just like everything people just tell us to like.if you dont take your comics buying and reading at least somewhat seriously, your doing it wrong.
    Avatar image for omega_level_supreme
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Korg said:
    "He's not a gibbon, he's a Japanese Macaque. "

That was my first thought. Well not a Japanese, but a Rhesus none-the-less. You may be right however, but that's definitely not a Gibbon.

Anyway, that's one ganster a$$ monkey! Me likey. Me likey.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#70  Edited By InnerVenom123

.... I know, pro-monkey people are like "It's just for fun" 

and anti-monkey people are like "Only Marvel would do this" and "Fail" 

Well... you're all right... except the "Only Marvel" thing. You guys don't think DC does stupid stuff??

Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@iLLituracy said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @Vortex13 said:
    "@danhimself said:

Ooooh, you won that one.
    Omega-level Supreme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Grim said:

"if they created a character, built him up for 6 months (thats like six issues in case you where wondering) and then turned him into a monkey, it would not be stupid.

Hahaha! You keep saying that like it's original.
    Argentino_18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Argentino_18

Everything is better with monkeys..

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By The Psyentist
    @goldenkey said:
    " Oh come on Inferiorego!  You know where you go first when you're at Brookfield, that's right, you go straight to monkey's like everybody else does.  Well it's a baboon rock but the all the other monkey's around it.  tropic this and Asia that.  Who doesn't like a monkey (or want one as a pet) and monkey with a gun, well that's priceless. "
    I hate monkeys. The only animal I loath (besides roaches, but they're insects so I don't often consider them animals, and just about everyone hates roaches).
    HaloKing343

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 91

#75  Edited By HaloKing343

Is this a hero or villan?

Avatar image for the_crimson_nutcase
    The Crimson Nutcase

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I sat "Go For It".  
    And for those who say "Only Marvel".... 
    Your right, b/c DC mainly puts out their Big 5 and leave everyone else to collect dust basically...
    Bullseye1930

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Bullseye1930

It could be worse. Marvel could have a junkie pretty boy with god like powers that complains all the time and is afraid of his own shadow.  *cough* SENTRY! *cough cough*    

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.