Highlander to be remade?

#1 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

There Can Only be One Highlander Remake

Source: The Hollywood Reporter May 20, 2008

Summit Entertainment is bringing back to the big screen the 1986 sci-fi cult hit Highlander, with Iron Man co-writers Art Marcum and Matt Holloway on board to pen the redo, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The Russell Mulcahy-directed original starred Christopher Lambert, Sean Connery and Clancy Brown as immortal beings. Lambert played Scottish swordsman Connor MacLeod, Connery an Egyptian and Clancy a barbarian known as the Kurgan. The movie spawned four sequels and three television series.

Summit acquired the rights to remake the cult classic from Davis/Panzer Productions. Peter Davis, one of the original producers of the 1986 film, will also produce the new version of the film.

seriously, what the fk?

why can't hollywood leave decent movies alone anymore, they have to go back to the 80's for TV shows and movies to remake them because they've just run out of ideas?

come on writers, get a grip... use some of that creative juice you were b!tc#ing about over the writers strike and actually earn your pay instead of just rehashing someone else's brilliant idea...

just for the record i am completely against this and can see it completely tanking at the movies, wrecking the entire franchise...

oh no, wait, The Source already did that...

wanders off muttering swear words about writers and hollywood shafting original ideas

M

#2 Posted by Andferne (38808 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree they should just leave this movie alone. It will never compare to what is a classic in my mind.

#3 Posted by SilentStorm (430 posts) - - Show Bio

SilentStorm appears and starts skaing in disappointment of this action, he only wishes that Hollywood would leave great things alone and not ruin them.

#4 Posted by crazy spidey (3489 posts) - - Show Bio

say it aint sooo

#5 Posted by Tenjin (1604 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually bought that movie without seeing the reviews, based on the last movies i thought it would be awesome but.....what a bummer, within three hours of just buying it, i was already at the customer service line waiting to get some store credit......

#6 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Tenjin says:

"i actually bought that movie without seeing the reviews, based on the last movies i thought it would be awesome but.....what a bummer, within three hours of just buying it, i was already at the customer service line waiting to get some store credit......"

what movie are you talking about?

M

#7 Posted by fullmetalzombie (31 posts) - - Show Bio

the frist highlander is the only one that dos not need a remake leave it as is. 

#8 Posted by castleking (24119 posts) - - Show Bio
i would luv to see a remake.. give them better physical showings. im talking superhuman stats. not insane lvls but good choreography and wire work.
#9 Posted by Kairan1979 (16711 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't want to see another attempt to reboot Highlander. The last movies were a huge disappointment, especially Source.

#10 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84536 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Beyond.Com and several other internet sources, Ryan Reynolds has officially signed on to play Connor Macleod in the long rumored remake. Sorry Deadpool fans, keep holding your breath for that Deadpool movie.....

I actually have high hopes for this lol

#11 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambler: me too, Highlander is one of those classic movies that I think IT ACTUALLY NEEDS

a remake. mainly because of the crap that came afterwards.

@castleking said:

i would luv to see a remake.. give them better physical showings. im talking superhuman stats. not insane lvls but good choreography and wire work.

I also support this, I saw the animated Highlander movie and they were definatally super human but not that much and it was awesome. maybe make them around Captain America physical level

if they dont want that I will settle for better visuals and coreography

and please, NO ALIEN SHIZZLE

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.