Will Heroes Return as a Mini-Series?

Posted by inferiorego (21246 posts) - - Show Bio

According to Sci-Fi Wire, although the NBC hit television show Heroes may be off the air, it won't be for good. Series creator Tim Kring plans on doing a mini-series that takes place one year after the finale of the original television show, giving fans a glimpse into the future one last time.

Again, the characters in the Heroverse will be struggling to deal with their powers, hiding from those who want to hurt them, and others just letting it all hang out. 

Claire, who desperately wanted a normal life, will become a reluctant spokesperson for the abnormals. Sylar (Zachary Quinto) will again struggle with his dark side. And Adrian Pasdar will likely return, though not as Nathan, who died.

All the main pieces are in place, and all the actors said they are willing to return, but as of yet, NBC has not commented on whether or not this mini-series will actually happen. Should this mini-series happen though? Do enough people still care about this show in order to warrant it a mini-series? Sure the first season was pretty good, and I'll even say half of the second season was pretty darn entertaining, but after that, I personally couldn't  care less, and there's many people with that same mindset out there. And as much as I want to say that this could be a ridiculous waste of money, the show does have a hardcore fan-base that will do anything to see Clare heal after getting her arm chopped off once again.  Did you like this show? Do you think there should be a mini-series?
Staff Online
#1 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14402 posts) - - Show Bio

i would like to see a mini series just to finish off the characters since then end of last series left alot desired for me and they could end it properly with a bang if done well.

#2 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio

Call me bitter, but it ended for me after the first season. =P

#3 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

This is hard to believe. Heroes has fans?

#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds good. At least we will have some closure.
#5 Posted by UmarifficCKzzle (61 posts) - - Show Bio
@EisforExtinction said:
" This is hard to believe. Heroes has fans? "
Well I was going to come in and say the same exact thing, but I guess now it'd be redundant.
#6 Posted by uncanny89 (821 posts) - - Show Bio

I think the format of the show is suited to a mini series format, it means no filler episodes

#7 Posted by Tyler Starke (4410 posts) - - Show Bio

First season was awesome, but everything after that sucked out of control. They deserved to be canceled for not maintaining a good show, and continually making each character go through a complete persona change only to revert right back the next episode, Sylar was the worst of these persona changes, I would like someone who watched this latest season to count how many times he changed from good to evil, just in the latest season, because you'd be counting for hours if you included all the seasons.

#8 Posted by ninjadude853 (270 posts) - - Show Bio

i think a mini series would be perfect, the show frankly wasn't that good as a full fledged series after season 1 ended, and i'd always love to see the characters again, especially because of how the last season ended

#9 Posted by NightFang (9904 posts) - - Show Bio
@ComicMan24 said:
" Sounds good. At least we will have some closure. "
#10 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

let's just finish this so we can move forward

#11 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18826 posts) - - Show Bio

Sounds cool.

#12 Posted by Green ankh (998 posts) - - Show Bio

Endings are good.  Still would like to get one for Twin Peaks.... 

It was nice that once Alien Nation got the ax we got a few TV movies after. Some thing like that would be cool from Heroes.

#13 Posted by hrdwrkngXsoldier (228 posts) - - Show Bio

Heroes even durring the two sub-par seasons was better than lost.  I think the show could have continued on.  What I would rather see though is a series dedicated to JMS' Rising Stars.
#14 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

This TV show is so good. It's one of my favorites. The last season was spectacular, despite what all the critics say. I would love to see this mini-series happen and give it a proper sendoff.
#15 Posted by Chane (539 posts) - - Show Bio

I would like to see this and tie up some of the loose ends left by that cliffhanger finale.

#16 Posted by TheMess1428 (2176 posts) - - Show Bio

I wished Heroes would have 10 seasons.

#17 Posted by goldenkey (2927 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped watching this year.  It got lame.  I thought there wasn't a finale I thought it just ended.
#18 Posted by haydenclaireheroes (8898 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the show so personally this sounds like great news but, I just hope they go through with it.

#19 Edited by damswedon (499 posts) - - Show Bio

or as we call it in the UK a series. Seriously Heroes should of never been more than 6 episodes a series.

#20 Posted by Pizawle (1074 posts) - - Show Bio

Just let it die.

#21 Posted by MilosRadmilac (7 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like a colsure....

#22 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with someone who said that Heroes was better than Lost.

#23 Posted by NXH (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Dear god no!

#24 Posted by nick_clark (129 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes please! KILL SYLAR! NEW VILLIAN! PLOT TO OTHERS CHARACTERS! EXPLANATION OF MYTHOLOGY!

#25 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

I want this to happen badly, the last episode was such a cliffhanger.

#26 Posted by Theodore (3445 posts) - - Show Bio
@MysterioMaximus said:
" Call me bitter, but it ended for me after the first season. =P "
I didn't mind the second season, it could have been better if it weren't cut short. After that it went severely down hill.
#27 Posted by MysterioMaximus (931 posts) - - Show Bio
@Theodore said:
" @MysterioMaximus said:
" Call me bitter, but it ended for me after the first season. =P "
I didn't mind the second season, it could have been better if it weren't cut short. After that it went severely down hill. "
I wouldn't disagree, the second season was my second favorite...but even then it was totally inferior (IMO) to the first. But Season Three is when it got real bad if you ask me.
#28 Posted by couzinit99 (169 posts) - - Show Bio

i really did enjoy this show and hope the miniseries is just as good. i dont care what anyone else says i liked the show a lot.
#29 Posted by dvorak (187 posts) - - Show Bio

It might not have been excellent writing, but it was good enough. Some of the episodes were really damn good, like Company Man. When the show was good, it was good. 

Good or bad, I really enjoyed watching it.

#30 Posted by Moomin123 (2205 posts) - - Show Bio

Although Heroes has been slightly going downhill, I'm looking forward to this. I just better hope to God that Sylar becomes evil again. When he turned good, I felt like throwing my TV out of my window.
#31 Posted by -Eclipse- (7507 posts) - - Show Bio

-_____- 

I've had enough of Adrian Pasdar. He's been killed at the end of almost every season, but they keep bringing him back. I like the guy as an actor, but I'm learning to hate him because of his constant returns from the grave. Even when he actually died for good, they had to keep him in the show...

#32 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio

What I'm wanting to see is Barbara,   3rd Triplet.  (Niki Sanders/Tracy Strauss sister)

#33 Edited by nick_clark (129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: Me too, though she appears in the last graphic novel, just for a second.
#34 Posted by Cherry Bomb (3189 posts) - - Show Bio
@nick_clark:  But she doesn't really have a big part. I'd like to see her abilities and maybe interact with the other characters Live Action. :D  Ali Larter is amazing.
#35 Posted by SylarKita (10 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this should be done, at least to give the show some closure.

#36 Posted by seewhatsinmybrain (2 posts) - - Show Bio

for the love of GOD no....

#37 Posted by nick_clark (129 posts) - - Show Bio
@Cherry Bomb: Ow agree with you anyway XD

@Cherry Bomb said:

" @nick_clark:   Ali Larter is amazing. "

Absolutely agree of that :)
#38 Posted by pinchpaker29 (470 posts) - - Show Bio

Adrian Pasdar is playing the "Jean Grey" of the Heroverse! He'll come back as "Hope" for this mini? Kinda cheesy...

#39 Posted by superboy12 (255 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a mini series just to end it but i officially stopped caring about that show after they saved the Cheer leader to save the world
#40 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7592 posts) - - Show Bio

It ended at the final episode of series 1 for me.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.