Is anyone else pumped for the upcoming Hercules Movie?

#1 Posted by SOG7dc (9837 posts) - - Show Bio

I totally am after seeing the preview. It looks awesome IMO.

#2 Posted by nightwing817 (269 posts) - - Show Bio

Yea that one looks like it'll be a good action movie. but I REALLY want to see The Rock's Hercules movie.

#3 Posted by laidblack (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all

#4 Edited by SOG7dc (9837 posts) - - Show Bio

You know what. I just saw a different trailer and now I feel like this will be crap

I know it's a big turnaround but now that I've seen the latest trailer.....looks like another Hollywood love story rather than the Hercules story I thought it was going to be

#5 Posted by Farkam (5580 posts) - - Show Bio

No.

#6 Edited by SHAZAM117 (4812 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, don't let the commercials and visuals fool you. I believe it's direct by that hack Brett Ratner.

#7 Edited by Perethorn (4385 posts) - - Show Bio

They should make an Hercules movie starring Rony Coleman.

#8 Edited by cosmicallyaware1 (5541 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure.

#9 Edited by ImTheDamnBatman (3973 posts) - - Show Bio

No desire to see it at all.

#10 Edited by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

I will compare it to the classic Arnold version, just like I did with Conan. Which means I will probably think it falls shamefully short.

#11 Posted by RDClip (1223 posts) - - Show Bio

No, I hate movies based on mythologies that deviate so far from the source material that it might as well be completely original. So I hate Troy, Immortals and Clash of the Titans with a passion.

#12 Posted by reaverlation (18219 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope.I want Hercules with Dwayne "The Buff" Johnson version not other random Hercules movie

#13 Edited by Fallschirmjager (19571 posts) - - Show Bio

Meh.

#14 Edited by FearTheLiving (4861 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at all

This, for either of them.

#15 Edited by Emequious_Swerve (1302 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks terrible.

#16 Posted by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not really digging the way this Hercules looks - a beardless, blonde surfer-boy type - and I won't see it at the theater might eventually watch it down the road.

Marvel needs to put their Hercules in a movie.

#17 Posted by Deadgod (1631 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope but i would love to see Marvel Hercules on big screen one day

#18 Edited by VoodooPenguin (1186 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip said:

No, I hate movies based on mythologies that deviate so far from the source material that it might as well be completely original. So I hate Troy, Immortals and Clash of the Titans with a passion.

It depends for me. If it is actually based on Greek mythology then it should be similar. If it's more of an expansion on Greek mythology, Odyssey for example, I don't really have a problem with them changing it around. Hercules sounds more like it's supposed to be but it won't be at all like it.

Even if I didn't care about the above, it looks like a completely shitty movie.

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really but the one with Rock sounds cool so far.

#20 Posted by wildvine (10425 posts) - - Show Bio

It has not grabbed me, no.

#21 Posted by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

Not really but the one with Rock sounds cool so far.

Agreed.

@deadgod said:

Nope but i would love to see Marvel Hercules on big screen one day

That makes two of us!

#22 Edited by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: I think it'd be awesome if he showed as a surprise in Avengers 2. Like have show up out of the blue and save the Avengers asses from something and make some smart ass comment to Thor about it.

#23 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8928 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks terrible. That said the Rock's Hercules is also for 2014 (yes there are 2 Hercules movies coming out this year).

#24 Edited by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: I think it'd be awesome if he showed as a surprise in Avengers 2. Like have show up out of the blue and save the Avengers asses from something and make some smart ass comment to Thor about it.

Hell Yeah!

#25 Edited by PeppeyHare (4314 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope. Hoping Marvel's Herc shows up in Thor 3 or something.

#26 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: What I really want to see is a Herc vs Hulk throw down in live action. It would be cool if after Hulk smashed a couple gods in Avengers 1 if a god showed up and gave him a fair fight. Yes I know Thor should have but he didn't and I'm moving on.

#27 Posted by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: What I really want to see is a Herc vs Hulk throw down in live action. It would be cool if after Hulk smashed a couple gods in Avengers 1 if a god showed up and gave him a fair fight. Yes I know Thor should have but he didn't and I'm moving on.

That would be great if Hercules and the Hulk had a live-action battle, especially if Herc was the god whom showed up to give the Hulk a good fight. I agree that Thor should've been a better match for the Hulk in "The Avengers."

#28 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: Tho to be fair he did give Hulk a better fight than anyone else in the movie did. Plus the only reason Iron Man was capable of fighting Thor as well as he did was because Thor accidentally super charged him, which every Iron Man fan boy I know refuses to admit.

#29 Posted by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: Tho to be fair he did give Hulk a better fight than anyone else in the movie did. Plus the only reason Iron Man was capable of fighting Thor as well as he did was because Thor accidentally super charged him, which every Iron Man fan boy I know refuses to admit.

You're right. 100% right.

Iron Man gets too much attention in the movies but if he keeps the public interested maybe he'll be useful in getting more movies made - movies where other Marvel characters can make their cinematic debut.

#30 Posted by joshmightbe (25858 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: I have a feeling they're going to start pushing War Machine into the Iron Man role. I have very little to back up that idea, just a gut feeling.

#31 Edited by Jonny_Anonymous (39006 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

@joshmightbe:

I could see them doing that, though I think it would be a mistake. Iron Man has been a cash cow for Marvel Studios - turning War Machine into Iron Man might kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

#33 Posted by Khan_Noonien_Singh (514 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous: I did not. But if it cannot match the awesomeness that is Arnold's Hercules in New York, then I am not interested one bit.

#34 Posted by PowerHerc (86068 posts) - - Show Bio

@rdclip: @khan_noonien_singh: You guys know it's based on this comic right?

The one you're talking about stars the Rock and looks like it will be good.

I think this thread is about the one coming out in a couple of weeks.

#35 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (39006 posts) - - Show Bio

@jonny_anonymous said:

@rdclip: @khan_noonien_singh: You guys know it's based on this comic right?

The one you're talking about stars the Rock and looks like it will be good.

I think this thread is about the one coming out in a couple of weeks.

Oh, I didn't know that.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.