WWHercules?

#1 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

What if Hulk wasn't the one sent to space and it was Hercules except the exact same thing happened to Herc on Sakaar. And if Hercules returned to Earth seeking vengeance, we have never seen Hercules fight at his fullest (since he has unlimited strenght) and at his full rage, what if he fought at his full power and in a beserker rage when he returned to Earth, how big of a threat could he be?                                

Hercules
#2 Posted by the creator (8577 posts) - - Show Bio

I would not say that Hercules has unlimited strength.

#3 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a real threat at all. His strength isn't unlimted, so all it would take is Stark sending three of his heavyhitters (Sentry, Wonderman, Samson or Ares).

Now if he came back with the power of his father. It would be a different story. Maybe he dies while on the other planet and becomes a full god with the power of Zues.

#4 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"I would not say that Hercules has unlimited strength."

The thing about him having unlimited strenght is a rumor.
#5 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Not a real threat at all. His strength isn't unlimted, so all it would take is Stark sending three of his heavyhitters (Sentry, Wonderman, Samson or Ares).

Now if he came back with the power of his father. It would be a different story. Maybe he dies while on the other planet and becomes a full god with the power of Zues."
I wouldn't say Wonderman or Ares, Hercules can handle them both if he is enraged enough, Doc Samson wouldn't be a threat at all to Herc but you are right about Sentry, it would be a long battle but Sentry would win. If Herc dies he will get Zeus's power?
#6 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Alpha said:
"Not a real threat at all. His strength isn't unlimted, so all it would take is Stark sending three of his heavyhitters (Sentry, Wonderman, Samson or Ares).

Now if he came back with the power of his father. It would be a different story. Maybe he dies while on the other planet and becomes a full god with the power of Zues."
I wouldn't say Wonderman or Ares, Hercules can handle them both if he is enraged enough, Doc Samson wouldn't be a threat at all to Herc but you are right about Sentry, it would be a long battle but Sentry would win. If Herc dies he will get Zeus's power?"

Your probably right about Wonderman, Ares and Samson. Hercules could take any two of them, but how about all 3?

Herc wouldn't get Zues powewr, but the myth is he becomes a full god when he dies. I wonder what he would become god of. Maybe the god of strength.
#7 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Theracles said:
"Alpha said:

I wouldn't say Wonderman or Ares, Hercules can handle them both if he is enraged enough, Doc Samson wouldn't be a threat at all to Herc but you are right about Sentry, it would be a long battle but Sentry would win. If Herc dies he will get Zeus's power?"

Your probably right about Wonderman, Ares and Samson. Hercules could take any two of them, but how about all 3?

Herc wouldn't get Zues powewr, but the myth is he becomes a full god when he dies. I wonder what he would become god of. Maybe the god of strength."
I guess he can take all 3, he would become the god of strenght, what powers do you think he would get? Do you think he would be able to increase his strenght at will?
#8 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Alpha said:
"Theracles said:
"Alpha said:

Herc wouldn't get Zues powewr, but the myth is he becomes a full god when he dies. I wonder what he would become god of. Maybe the god of strength."
I guess he can take all 3, he would become the god of strenght, what powers do you think he would get? Do you think he would be able to increase his strenght at will?"
Being the god of strength, I could see that be a part of it. At his current level, I can't see him taking all three. Samson and Ares both at 70 tons and Wonderman at class 100. It would be tough.
#9 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Theracles said:
"Alpha said:
"Theracles said:
"Alpha said:

I guess he can take all 3, he would become the god of strenght, what powers do you think he would get? Do you think he would be able to increase his strenght at will?"
Being the god of strength, I could see that be a part of it. At his current level, I can't see him taking all three. Samson and Ares both at 70 tons and Wonderman at class 100. It would be tough."

It would be tough but he would eventually defeat them. I think Marvel will make Hercules become the King Of Mount Olympus when Zeus leaves his throne and Zeus said it himself that when Herc becomes the ruler of Olympus, Herc will gain the power of Zeus.
#10 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Ares would be sent by Zeus to kill him end of story

#11 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
_Sub-Zero_ said:
"Ares would be sent by Zeus to kill him end of story"
Haven't beaten him so far. don't see it happening then
#12 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
_Sub-Zero_ said:

No way, Zeus doesn't love Ares as a son. Besides Zeus said it himself that Herc is destined to become king of Olympus.
#13 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

If Hercules goes on a path of destruction this will happen

#14 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
_Sub-Zero_ said:
"If Hercules goes on a path of destruction this will happen

"

Yes, Zeus would send someone to stop him but not Ares, Ares is not strong enough he is not even in the class 100.
#15 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
_Sub-Zero_ said:

What makes you think Zeus wouldn't take his side? If he was wrong in the way the Hulk was, Zeus would be angry himself. Remember the Avengers series when Zeus felt they were responsible for Hercs beating at the hands of the Wrecking Crew and was going to destroy them all. Zeus has always been a vengeful god and wouldn't stop his son if he was wronged.
#16 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"_Sub-Zero_ said:

"

Yes, Zeus would send someone to stop him but not Ares, Ares is not strong enough he is not even in the class 100."
And yet Zeus chose Ares above Hercules, and Hercules NEVER actually won a fight against ares, Hercules is to slow to fight Ares, Ares was nailing him down and Hercules just threw him out of the airplane because he couldnt fight him.
#17 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
_Sub-Zero_ said:
"Theracles said:
"_Sub-Zero_ said:

"

Yes, Zeus would send someone to stop him but not Ares, Ares is not strong enough he is not even in the class 100."
And yet Zeus chose Ares above Hercules, and Hercules NEVER actually won a fight against ares, Hercules is to slow to fight Ares, Ares was nailing him down and Hercules just threw him out of the airplane because he couldnt fight him."
U need to get something correct. Ares was chosen over Herc for that series because Ares had certain abilities that made him the better person to send. He's not as powerful as Herc and Herc has proven that numerous of times. And I believe just recently in in the Incredible Hercules.
#18 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules doesnt have a chance to defend himself if Ares starts pummeling on him
#19 Edited by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"_Sub-Zero_ said:
"Theracles said:
"_Sub-Zero_ said:

"

And yet Zeus chose Ares above Hercules, and Hercules NEVER actually won a fight against ares, Hercules is to slow to fight Ares, Ares was nailing him down and Hercules just threw him out of the airplane because he couldnt fight him."
U need to get something correct. Ares was chosen over Herc for that series because Ares had certain abilities that made him the better person to send. He's not as powerful as Herc and Herc has proven that numerous of times. And I believe just recently in in the Incredible Hercules."

Exactly. If Hercules was wronged, Zeus would destroy everyone who wronged him or he would probably give Hercules his power so Herc can have vengeance.
#20 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, see if Hercules runs loose and wants revenge on "Mortals" i dont think Zeus would help him.

#21 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
_Sub-Zero_ said:
"Well, see if Hercules runs loose and wants revenge on "Mortals" i dont think Zeus would help him."

Oh! But he can. His rampage was on the Avengers. Only Thot was immortal.
#22 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

And Ares if im not mistaken

#23 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
_Sub-Zero_ said:
"And Ares if im not mistaken"

Ares wasn't on the team at the time. The point is, Zeus sought to destroy mortals because he felt his son was wronged. Why would he stand in Hercules way if the same was done?
#24 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh but check this, Ares always wanted his fight with Hercules, so Zeus wouldnt stand in the way because of Honor ;)

#25 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
_Sub-Zero_ said:
"Oh but check this, Ares always wanted his fight with Hercules, so Zeus wouldnt stand in the way because of Honor ;)"

U lost me. Ares and Hercules have fought many times. Just recently and Ares was trying to kill him.
#26 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"_Sub-Zero_ said:
"And Ares if im not mistaken"

Ares wasn't on the team at the time. The point is, Zeus sought to destroy mortals because he felt his son was wronged. Why would he stand in Hercules way if the same was done?"
Exactly there is no difference, if Hercules gets wronged by anyone even immortals, Zeus will destroy them.
#27 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
_Sub-Zero_ said:
"Oh but check this, Ares always wanted his fight with Hercules, so Zeus wouldnt stand in the way because of Honor ;)"

They have fought already.
#28 Posted by _Sub-Zero_ (753 posts) - - Show Bio

I ment to define a loser lol as long as they fought no one ever really lost

#29 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
_Sub-Zero_ said:
"I ment to define a loser lol as long as they fought no one ever really lost"

None of them ever lost to each other, Herc could win since his strenght is far superior.
#30 Posted by PowerHerc (84035 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting concept for a "What if . . ?" story.

#31 Posted by seekquaze (612 posts) - - Show Bio

Assuming this is WWH with Herc in the place as the Hulk and none of the heroes are jobbing Herc does not do nearly as well. About the only reason Hulk lasted was due to his absurd healing factor. Hercules has never demonstrated one on that level. He is tough, but there are plenty of other guys on the planet who are either just as tough, nearly as tough or have powers that could negate his strength. Yes a berserker Hercules would be tough to take down and would kill a few lesser heroes. However, I don't see him being as large a threat as the Hulk due to the lack of healing factor.

As for other thing in this thread. Hercules has fought Ares plenty of times in the past and won. The Pak fight was more of a fluke. Ares was chosen by Zeus in Ares mini because that mini was designed specifically to reinvent Ares. When Ares puts his mind to it he can be a highly effective soldier and is willing to do thing Hercules is usually not. Regarding kingship, Zeus may intend for Hercules to succeed him one day, but that day is far off. Hercules lacks the maturity to handle the power or responsibility of kingship. The best king would be either Athena or Apollo if their dark sides were not played up to the point of making them caricatures.

#32 Edited by Enyalios (142 posts) - - Show Bio

I agree with the above. I personally thought WWH was ridiculous anyway but fact is, Hulk has always been shown to be a team buster. Hell the Avengers formed specifically to take him down so him walking through the majority of earth's mightiest virtually unscathed is a lot more consistent with his past showings. Hercules? Not so much. Sure an enraged Hercules can be a force, but aside from the initial Thunderbolts lineup, Herc has just never been shown at that level. Do I agree with it? No. A well written Hercules, based on powers and the skills he SHOULD have should be far more capable that he is shown, but unfortunately he is not. I think there are plenty of teams out there that he can rip through, but it would take some incredibly bad writing for him to actually beat all of them.

And even if he did, for it to reach the point that it did at the end of WWH where a huge battle take place to stop him (storywise it would make sense for that to be Thor), he would have to stay bloodlusted the entire time because if he is rational enough to start having gladiatorial fights, Hercules' own innate sense of honor would have stopped him long before it got to that stage. His last fight would have likely been with the warbound themselves to stop what he started and not one of the heroes.

#33 Edited by westy206 (668 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Hercules would have enjoyed being a Gladiator in the first place (showing off) Difference between Hulk and Hercules is Herc if angered enough will kill he is a warrior and if you deserve death you're getting death at his bare hands but I think he would have calmed down after a few days. So it would have been worse as there would of been casualties but he wouldn't of taken over New York I don't think that's really his style.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.