Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

Would anybody be interested in a Herc story set in ancient times?

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By seekquaze

Savage Axe of Ares and Thor: Ages of Thunder were both set in ancient times. Both showed their respective gods in a more brutal fashion than today. Would you buy a similar type story showing Hercules as a mortal hero who, similar to the myths, is in many ways more of an anti-hero? Somehow who will not hesitate to crush someone's skull with a mace?

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2  Edited By thedude4731

I would be down to reading some classic stories staring Marvel Herc! theirs would so much to work with...his original 12 labors taken "seriously" would be a great read. Plus him joining jason and the argo's and titan slaying would all catch my interest. We got alittle taste of Herc in ancient time in "Incredible Hercules" i would love to explore those stories in a more elaborate fashion. Maybe even some behind the scenes never before told stories...like him training with and helping some of the many different heroes of greek mythology in their many quests that just didnt make the history books.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#3  Edited By PowerHerc

Yes, of course, I'm up for a Hercules story set in ancient times showing him earning his full godhood through heroic deeds performed as a demigod.

Marvel could really elaborate on many details about Herc's past that have only been seen (skimmed over, really) in several flashbacks.

These deeds could/should include - but not be limited to - his legendary 12 labors, sailing with Jason and the Argonauts and fighting for the Olympian Gods in their war against the Gigantes (Giants).

Raiiyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Raiiyn

@thedude4731 said:

I would be down to reading some classic stories staring Marvel Herc! theirs would so much to work with...his original 12 labors taken "seriously" would be a great read. Plus him joining jason and the argo's and titan slaying would all catch my interest. We got alittle taste of Herc in ancient time in "Incredible Hercules" i would love to explore those stories in a more elaborate fashion. Maybe even some behind the scenes never before told stories...like him training with and helping some of the many different heroes of greek mythology in their many quests that just didnt make the history books.

@PowerHerc said:

Yes, of course, I'm up for a Hercules story set in ancient times showing him earning his full godhood through heroic deeds performed as a demigod.

Marvel could really elaborate on many details about Herc's past that have only been seen (skimmed over, really) in several flashbacks.

These deeds could/should include - but not be limited to - his legendary 12 labors, sailing with Jason and the Argonauts and fighting for the Olympian Gods in their war against the Gigantes (Giants).

Sounds just about right. There's so much they could do story-wise.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5  Edited By seekquaze

So if Hercules were portrayed as more bloodthirsty and morally ambiguous it would not really bother anyone? I ask due to some T hor fans being bothered by the more barbaric Thor shown in Ages of Thunder.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By Blood1991

I'm up for any Herc stories right now his Herc run was way to short!

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By thestarguy

Absolutely! I can't stand Herc currently being de-powered in the Marvel Universe, but ancient stories detailing his original feats plus maybe even an Eternal or two thrown into the mix.....outstanding!!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By PowerHerc

@seekquaze said:

So if Hercules were portrayed as more bloodthirsty and morally ambiguous it would not really bother anyone? I ask due to some T hor fans being bothered by the more barbaric Thor shown in Ages of Thunder.

No.

I wouldn't want to see Hercules portrayed as bloodthirsty and morally ambiguous, though I think that Herc being more likely to kill in ancient times would be understandable and that doing so, considering what would be morally and socially acceptable in ancient Greece as opposed to modern times, wouldn't automatically make him "bloodthirsty."

@Blood1991 said:

I'm up for any Herc stories right now his Herc run was way to short!

Me, too!

@thestarguy said:

Absolutely! I can't stand Herc currently being de-powered in the Marvel Universe, but ancient stories detailing his original feats plus maybe even an Eternal or two thrown into the mix.....outstanding!!

Agreed!

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By z3ro180

hell yes that would be wesome showing how old hec got his god hood but as for the whole brutal thing it would be cool but herc is a kind bash your face into a bloody pulmp while makeing a joke kind of heros so to have a full ut serious herc story set in ancient greece would be cool but it would be much better if they kept his humor in the story.

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By thestarguy

The more I think about this idea, the more I like it! I really think that depicting Herc as the Monster Slayer of Ancient times that he was would be great! Herc really was a champion back then, so even though there would be some deaths involved I would still like to see a book depicting ancient Greek mythology in the Marvel fashion. May Herc could even 'through down' with one of his uncle Poseidon's sons (e.g. Namor's ancestor).

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By PowerHerc

Well, Marvel? How about it?

Avatar image for deactivated-5d921c81bd12c
    deactivated-5d921c81bd12c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 3

This would be pretty awesome, Herc isn't getting the key role he deserves at the moment so I would definitely read this

EnigmaDope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13  Edited By EnigmaDope

That would be awesome. It would be like Ancient myths and legends but on a comic book, I would buy it instantly. Asides the 12 labours, Jason and the Argonauts and fighting the Gigantes you could also have the problems he went through with Hera, Zeus's wife. Maybe even bring back the lion cloak? Who knows..

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PowerHerc

@EnigmaDope: Yes, Hercules' adventures with Jason as an Argonaut would have a lot of potential. It could be a super-team of ancient times. Great idea!

Avatar image for trueilluminatus
    TrueIlluminatus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By TrueIlluminatus

Sure, I'd watch it.

Katie24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#16  Edited By Katie24

@seekquaze: Sounds like a great idea. Marvel needs to mix it up a little, in regards to there comic book selection, and a comic set in medieval times would be a step in the right direction. Oh and maybe there could be a Thor/Herc team up, that would be cool!

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#17  Edited By Deranged Midget

@PowerHerc said:

This man knows what he speaks of! Everyone, steal his ideas!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By PowerHerc

@Deranged Midget: Hah! Thanks, but no need to steal; I'll share. :)

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Deranged Midget

@PowerHerc: A selfless man! Huzzah!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By PowerHerc

@Deranged Midget: Of course. It's a well known fact that part of being a hero is being selfless. Lol.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Deranged Midget

@PowerHerc: Indeed. How are you enjoying Herc being de-powered lately?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By PowerHerc

@Deranged Midget: Not at all. You?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Deranged Midget

@PowerHerc: It's not... Hercules you know? It feels as if he's been thrown to the sidelines.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By PowerHerc

@Deranged Midget: You're right.

Hercules is the epitome of super-strength! He's not some street-leveler protecting a section of a city.

Hercules needs to be Hercules again! He needs his power back.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Deranged Midget

@PowerHerc: You hit it right on the button! I miss seeing Hercules duke it out with Marvel's heaviest hitters.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By PowerHerc

@Deranged Midget:

Me too!

Lie these guys . . .

Hercules & the Hulk
    Hercules & the Hulk
    No Caption Provided

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.