Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

Will Hercules ever gain the power of Zeus?

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Theracles

Hercules is the son of Zeus and he is called the Prince of Power but Zeus will eventually leave his throne and let one of his sons rule, it is obviously Hercules (Hercules is Zeus's favorite), if Hercules becomes ruler of Olympus will he gain Zeus's power? Thor gained the Odinforce when he became ruler of Asgard so when Hercules becomes ruler of Olympus will he gaind the power of Zeus?

One-Above-You

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By One-Above-You

I think Hercules should die from poisoning like in Greek Mythology. I think he became a god after he died.

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Theracles
    One-Above-You said:
    "I think Hercules should die from poisoning like in Greek Mythology. I think he became a god after he died.
    "

He did, yeah he should die and then become a full god but it would be cool if he gains the power of Zeus, he would be as powerful as Thor but he should only get it when he gets a little older.
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Hadrelius

A mini series was done once when this happpen.

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Theracles

Really? Where did you see it?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hadrelius
    Theracles said:
    "Really? Where did you see it?"

A four part series back 1983.

caption
    caption
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hadrelius
    I would tell you how it ends if you want me to spoil it for u.
    Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Theracles
    Alpha said:
    "I would tell you how it ends if you want me to spoil it for u. "
    Ok, go ahead.
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Hadrelius

Zeus decides that the time of the gods is over, so he starts killing all of them. Apollo escapes and informs Hercules, then dies. Hercules journeys back from deep space to confront Zeus, and a battle starts. Hercules actually wins but doesn't kill Zeus. Afterwards Zeus seems to become calm again and tell his son that the greek gods time is over and he must decide to usher in a new race of gods. Zeus vanishes and leaves a orb full of his power. Hercules thinks about and whenit seems that he decides to let the gods die, he smailes and grabs the orb. His body begins to glow with power and it ends. 

That's it in a nutshell. Great series. I think I read that the writer is gonna finish it because it was meant to a 12 part series not 4.  

Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Theracles
    Alpha said:
    "Zeus decides that the time of the gods is over, so he starts killing all of them. Apollo escapes and informs Hercules, then dies. Hercules journeys back from deep space to confront Zeus, and a battle starts. Hercules actually wins but doesn't kill Zeus. Afterwards Zeus seems to become calm again and tell his son that the greek gods time is over and he must decide to usher in a new race of gods. Zeus vanishes and leaves a orb full of his power. Hercules thinks about and whenit seems that he decides to let the gods die, he smailes and grabs the orb. His body begins to glow with power and it ends. 

That's it in a nutshell. Great series. I think I read that the writer is gonna finish it because it was meant to a 12 part series not 4.  "
    Ok but currently he doesn't have those powers.
    Avatar image for dr__victor_von_doom
    Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, Ares is the one who would, Hercules wasn't able to save them from the Eastern death, Ares came back out of Exile and took care of it. Zeus begged on his knees for him to do it.

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Hadrelius
    Theracles said:
    "Alpha said:
    "Zeus decides that the time of the gods is over, so he starts killing all of them. Apollo escapes and informs Hercules, then dies. Hercules journeys back from deep space to confront Zeus, and a battle starts. Hercules actually wins but doesn't kill Zeus. Afterwards Zeus seems to become calm again and tell his son that the greek gods time is over and he must decide to usher in a new race of gods. Zeus vanishes and leaves a orb full of his power. Hercules thinks about and whenit seems that he decides to let the gods die, he smailes and grabs the orb. His body begins to glow with power and it ends. 

That's it in a nutshell. Great series. I think I read that the writer is gonna finish it because it was meant to a 12 part series not 4.  "
    Ok but currently he doesn't have those powers.
    "
    No, this was set in the future.
    Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Theracles
    Dr. Victor von Doom said:
    "No, Ares is the one who would, Hercules wasn't able to save them from the Eastern death, Ares came back out of Exile and took care of it. Zeus begged on his knees for him to do it.
    "
    Ok, but whats with Hercules? If he grabbed the orb why doesn't he have those powers?
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Hadrelius
    "No, Ares is the one who would, Hercules wasn't able to save them from the Eastern death, Ares came back out of Exile and took care of it. Zeus begged on his knees for him to do it.
    "
    No he wouldn't. Ares was just the right choice for that particular battle. Hercules made a comic career smacking his half-brother around. Hercules is destined to become the king of the gods of olympus.
    Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Theracles
    Alpha said:
    "Dr. Victor von Doom said:
    "
    No he wouldn't. Ares was just the right choice for that particular battle. Hercules made a comic career smacking his half-brother around. Hercules is destined to become the king of the gods of olympus.
    "

Ok, I wonder when Marvel will make up their minds and finally give Hercules the power of Zeus.
    Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Theracles said:
    "
    Ok, but whats with Hercules? If he grabbed the orb why doesn't he have those powers?"
    Not worthy, It could also be Apollo who gets them...
    Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Hadrelius
    Theracles said:
    "Alpha said:
    "
    "

Ok, I wonder when Marvel will make up their minds and finally give Hercules the power of Zeus."
    I feel that would take away the essence of the character. He would be to powerful.  I think they should allow him to become a full god. that would increase  his power and allow him to continue to face some of the oponents we are used to seeing fight.

I feel the same about Thor. I hope he loses the Odinforce, so thing can get back to normal.
    Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Theracles
    Alpha said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Alpha said:
    "
    "

Ok, I wonder when Marvel will make up their minds and finally give Hercules the power of Zeus."
    I feel that would take away the essence of the character. He would be to powerful.  I think they should allow him to become a full god. that would increase  his power and allow him to continue to face some of the oponents we are used to seeing fight.

I feel the same about Thor. I hope he loses the Odinforce, so thing can get back to normal.
    "
    Yeah it would be too much power just like Thor but Marvel has probably planned it already, it would be a shock if someone goes to marvel.com in about a week and he finds out Zeus gave his power to Hercules for him to rule the Olympians.
    Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Alpha said:
    "
    "

"
    Looks like Balder or Loki are getting them anyway
    Theracles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Theracles

Loki?

Hadrelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Hadrelius
    Theracles said:
    "Loki?"

Don't see that happening.
    zee crusher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By zee crusher

Ares would never get the orb. Zeus has stated Ares is a not some one he would wanna have as son. He dislikes him so much that he doesn't even wanna talk about him. Looks like it was already pointed out by alpha of the answer. Sadly for hercules its gonna take a while  for him to get such powers. Hopefully unlike his dad he can show the marvel universe what the power can do just like the odinforce.

Avatar image for loaded_revolver
    Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23  Edited By Loaded Revolver

Why would he?

Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alpha said:
    "Theracles said:
    "Loki?"

Don't see that happening. "
    Now because he/she's in line for it, but he's Loki by odins beard! He'll cheat his way through!
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#25  Edited By Korg

Hercules is far too stupid to wield such power. I agree that he is not worthy. Also: Didn't Zeus die already, in the Ares mini?

Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He came back

Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Loaded Revolver
    Korg said:
    "Hercules is far too stupid to wield such power. I agree that he is not worthy. Also: Didn't Zeus die already, in the Ares mini?"
    He's not that stupid......
    Dr. Victor von Doom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He looks like F#ing ahnold

Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Loaded Revolver
    "He looks like F#ing ahnold
    "
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#30  Edited By Korg
    Loaded Revolver said:
    "He's not that stupid......"
    He's not that smart either. Apollo or Athena would be  much better choices.
    Loaded Revolver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Loaded Revolver
    Korg said:
    "Loaded Revolver said:
    "He's not that stupid......"
    He's not that smart either. Apollo or Athena would be  much better choices."
    But it's more likely the half god would get the power first.Herc is more important and Marvel than either.
    Apris

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Apris

Out of all the gods Athena and Apollo are the only ones whom Zeus would trust with that kind of power.
    And in the myths they are actually first and second in line in case something were to happen to Zeus,
    and they have and are proven to be his most powerful children.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By seekquaze

I think Zeus may have one day intended Hercules to succeed him, but I don't think Hercules would.  He is years away from being ready.  Unlike Thor who has been groomed since birth and tested time and again by Odin Zeus has not readied Hercules at all.  Herc does not have the raw power, brains, or respect among the Olympians to rule.  And unlike the Odinforce where Odin willfully passed his power to Thor there is no evidence Zeus's power survived his death. Hera made some vague reference to inheriting Zeus's thunderbolt, but unless Hera does something much more impressive then she has all she has gained is the ability to channel her energy in the form of lighting without any power up.

I think it is being set-up so Athena will be the one to rule.  Hera is too mentally unstable.  She has already banished most of the gods and made enemies of the remaining ones.  I think Athena has the wisdom and with the power of becoming skyfather would be a formidable force for good.

Of course, it is possible all this will be mute should it turn out the skyfathers are nowhere near as powerful as they have been portrayed by comics in the past.

vuviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#34  Edited By vuviper

Isn't Athena actually Zeus' favorite? I haven't read too much Marvel Herc, only his recent series. But I have read the Illiad.

Chaos Agent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Chaos Agent

He has mini Zeus fighting alongside him, does that count? :P

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By PowerHerc

Hercules inheriting the "Power of" or "Thundebolt of Zeus" could've been one logical possibility following Zeus' apparent demise at the end of the Assault on Olympus storyline. 

The Chaos War storyline now draws near, and if the rumors are true, Hercules will have the combined power of all the sky-fathers of all the Earthly pantheons.  This power might well include the power of Zeus, but it would surely dwarf said power.  In fact, this would be the highest level of power ever possessed/wielded by an earthly God.    

I don't know if Herc will get this power or not, but if he indeed gets it, I think it's highly unlikely he'll keep such power.  If it's true; it'll be fun to see Herc wielding that kind of power (especially with his close friend and rival Thor there to see it first-hand).
    Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Valtot

lol screw zeus's power hercules eclipses that right now

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By PowerHerc
    @Valtot said:
    "lol screw zeus's power hercules eclipses that right now "

Yes!  He does! ;-)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.