Who/What are Marvel’s Herculies task beasts

#1 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

These are the Hercules task beast that were on the Teachers Chair from Roman Catholic Church art gallery I was wondering who or what would represent these beasts for Hercules fighting Marvel’s Hercules?

#2 Posted by PowerHerc (80692 posts) - - Show Bio

@Hazlenaut: Can you name/identify each one? Having that information might make it possible to find Marvel equivalents.

#3 Edited by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

That is where I have difficulty since I only had enough time to copy the monsters from my mini notebook. The artwork had the beast, the tools he uses to kill them and the pose he did when he defeated them. My guess one is from on the left looks like a lion from the 12 labors.

#4 Posted by stingray77 (42 posts) - - Show Bio

Are you referring to the beasts Herc had to defeat in the 12 labors?

I don't know if these are the ones depicted on the artwork. But these are the beasts from the 12 labors.

Nemean Lion

Lernean Hydra

Erymanthean Boar

Stymphalian Birds

Cretan Bull

Cerberus

#5 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the monsters looks easily like a scorpion. There is a scorpion monster in Greek called Scorpius and Roman it is Scorpio.

#6 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio

Nemean Lion-Beast

Lernean Hydra-The Lizard

Erymanthean Boar-Wendigo

Stymphalian Birds-Falcon and Vulture

Cretan Bull-Man-Bull lol

Cerberus-this is the only one I'm stuck at

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (80692 posts) - - Show Bio

@Walker696 said:

Nemean Lion-Beast

Lernean Hydra-The Lizard

Erymanthean Boar-Wendigo

Stymphalian Birds-Falcon and Vulture

Cretan Bull-Man-Bull lol

Cerberus-this is the only one I'm stuck at

Nice job. :)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.