Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

Where can Herc fit in nowadays?

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By thedude4731

So the only thing new, is a naked Herc cover for the Avenger Academy series ...i read one of the articles an a editor (i believe) stated we wont be seeing a Hercules solo series for a good long time. Which after that last series, i would have guessed it. Anyways, where does a depowered Hercules fit in this Universe called Marvel? What series could use him? what teams could he join (Secret avengers) maybe? i recently saw a a article where rulk, x23, venom, and ghost rider are teaming up... maybe he could get a random assortment of his fellow heroes an make a "Champions" like team.. ANY IDEAS? PLEASE ELABORATE...

ps I SAY JUST GIVE HIM HIS POWERS BACK

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thedude4731

I SAY JUST GIVE HIM HIS POWERS BACK 

I agree.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d1828448d5f0
    deactivated-5d1828448d5f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 21

@_slim_ said:

@thedude4731:

I agree.
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Deranged Midget

@primepower53 said:

@_slim_ said:

@thedude4731:

I agree.

All in due time.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By thedude4731

HEH the Question iiiiiis "where can he fit in?"... im sure we all agree that he should have been given his powers back.

Avatar image for deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1
    deactivated-5bf70359d2dd1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know where he would fit in depowered. Maybe a Hero for Hire or something I don't know.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#7  Edited By PowerHerc

Where he fits in, as a de-powered hero, is a tough question. I don't really know.

I do agree that Hercules needs to get his full strength/powers back (The sooner the better!). Then he would do just fine as a member of the Avengers again, a recurring character in "Thor" or possibly as the resident strongman in a new "Champions" series if one were produced.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By thedude4731

@PowerHerc: Well at his current state i put him on a Daredevil/Moonknight/Hawkeye/CaptainAmerica (without the leadership) Level character plus hes still super strong! He has a helmet that makes him invisible, a sword that can cut through anything, and bow skills that can match Hawkeyes. So why not a secret avenger or new avenger? I think it would be interesting seeing him interact with some of the members of the secret avengers. I mean, Herc and Beast have had "Words!" several times before, very different personalitys. Black Widow is very fond of Hercules. Plus Valkyrie an Hercules with the Greek an Asgard Male and Female dynamic could get very interesting as well, not to mention crazy old MoonKnight.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By gravitypress

I for one would like to see something along the lines of "The Cosmic Journeys of Hercules". Where he is wrecking havoc and having a good time throughout the galaxy. Marvel is way to earthbound this generation.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By Kallarkz

Here is at peak human levels...I do not believe he has displayed any super human feats since he was depowered

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By thedude4731

@Kallarkz said:

Here is at peak human levels...I do not believe he has displayed any super human feats since he was depowered

well in the first couple issues he displayed feats that made me believe he still had some super strength...like throwing a guy 40 feet...or holding up part of a constuction site, not long i admit but still...your probably right though.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#12  Edited By seekquaze

I think Herc in his current state would work best on the Secret Avenger or Thunderbolts. I don't think he would work well on a standard Avengers team because without his powers he relies too much on slicing and dicing to get the job done. Those teams are public faces that need heroes who can be less extreme violent. A team that is more shadowy and meant to take actions where the other teams would fail would fit Herc better. The helmet would be perfect for espionage and the he could kill or use more questionable methods without having to worry about the public face.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By PowerHerc

@thedude4731 said:

@PowerHerc: Well at his current state i put him on a Daredevil/Moonknight/Hawkeye/CaptainAmerica (without the leadership) Level character plus hes still super strong! He has a helmet that makes him invisible, a sword that can cut through anything, and bow skills that can match Hawkeyes. So why not a secret avenger or new avenger? I think it would be interesting seeing him interact with some of the members of the secret avengers. I mean, Herc and Beast have had "Words!" several times before, very different personalitys. Black Widow is very fond of Hercules. Plus Valkyrie an Hercules with the Greek an Asgard Male and Female dynamic could get very interesting as well, not to mention crazy old MoonKnight.

Yes, Secret Avengers would be a decent fit, especially with Herc getting a chance to hook-up with Valkyrie, and it could serve as the series where Herc regains his full power-level while also wielding the weapons of myth. Done right; that would be something to see!

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By thedude4731

@seekquaze said:

I think Herc in his current state would work best on the Secret Avenger or Thunderbolts. I don't think he would work well on a standard Avengers team because without his powers he relies too much on slicing and dicing to get the job done. Those teams are public faces that need heroes who can be less extreme violent. A team that is more shadowy and meant to take actions where the other teams would fail would fit Herc better. The helmet would be perfect for espionage and the he could kill or use more questionable methods without having to worry about the public face.

i cant see the thunderbolts... Herc would butting heads with everyone all the time! then get beat down Masters of Evil style

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#15  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

Herc should be made the God of Strength 

Hunter114

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#16  Edited By Hunter114

I say he should go off on his own for a while, fighting street level crimes and the odd rogue mythical creature, then an "event" will happen (as it often does) which requires Hercules to do another twelve labors in order to regain his powers and save the day.. cos cliches are awesome.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By PowerHerc

@spiderbat87 said:

Herc should be made the God of Strength

He already is.

I think being the Olympian God of Strength should make Hercules capable of increasing his strength to any level whatsoever at will. That will never happen though, because if it did the Hulk wouldn't be Marvel's strongest superhero anymore because Hercules' godly ability to increase his strength would match the Hulk's ability to increase his strength as his gets angrier.

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By thedude4731

@Hunter114 said:

I say he should go off on his own for a while, fighting street level crimes and the odd rogue mythical creature, then an "event" will happen (as it often does) which requires Hercules to do another twelve labors in order to regain his powers and save the day.. cos cliches are awesome.

I did mention in the OP that a solo series would not be happening so, he would have to find his way into another series. But i like the idea of an "event" causing hercules to regain his powers, even doing another 12 labors. My only "thing" is that the past events to me, is the reason why the new herc series sucked to many fans. "Fear Itself" "Spider Island" both sent Herc packing! Cause IMHO the first part of the series featuring HOBGOBLIN vs Herc was badass plus the art work was really great!

@PowerHerc said:

@spiderbat87 said:

Herc should be made the God of Strength

He already is.

I think being the Olympian God of Strength should make Hercules capable of increasing his strength to any level whatsoever at will. That will never happen though, because if it did the Hulk wouldn't be Marvel's strongest superhero anymore because Hercules' godly ability to increase his strength would match the Hulk's ability to increase his strength as his gets angrier.

This makes alot of sense and should be the case, but then again i like Herc having some limits even with his strength unlike "The Power of a Billion Exploding Suns" haha boring...I say make him right off the bat the strongest hero then "cap" him...but also emphasize his other abilities that only fan know about such as.. his speed, weaponry skills (bow), even jumping (like hulk) cause i dont hear anyone saying hulk dosent have a chance against ironman cause ihe can fly and is to fast... but they say that crap for Herc ALL THE TIME!!

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By PowerHerc

@thedude4731 said:

I say make him right off the bat the strongest hero then "cap" him...but also emphasize his other abilities that only fan know about such as.. his speed, weaponry skills (bow), even jumping (like hulk) cause i dont hear anyone saying hulk dosent have a chance against ironman cause ihe can fly and is to fast... but they say that crap for Herc ALL THE TIME!!

This sounds good, too.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.