So who has Hercules been with?

#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (7740 posts) - - Show Bio

Now we all know that Hercules is pretty much a womanizer, and gets pretty much any girl. But am wondering, just who has he been with?

#2 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Everyone. Including Wolverine...because Wolverine has to be in everything. It's like a rule at Marvel.

#3 Posted by Wolfrazer (7740 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

Everyone. Including Wolverine...because Wolverine has to be in everything. It's like a rule at Marvel.

Really? Or is the Wolverine thing just a joke?
#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: Alternate Reality Wolverine and Alternate Reality Hercules. It was revealed in Xtreme X-men(Which everyone should be picking up, it's awesome!)

#5 Posted by Wolfrazer (7740 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:

@Wolfrazer: Alternate Reality Wolverine and Alternate Reality Hercules. It was revealed in Xtreme X-men(Which everyone should be picking up, it's awesome!)

Ah ok lol, but I mean in the main universe really. So hes been with every woman then? Damn, Herc got the moves! XD
#6 Posted by Agent9149 (2868 posts) - - Show Bio

Northstar.

#7 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules has definitely been with these ladies:

1. Megara - His first wife when he was still a demigod hero in ancient Greese
  2. Hippolyta - The Amazon Queen he romanced during his celebrated Twelve Labors.
  3. Deianeira - Herc's last mortal wife and the woman whom lead to his mortal death.
  4. Hebe - The Olympian Goddess of Youth and Hercules immortal wife.
  5. Black Widow - Russian spy and Avengers & Champions teammate of Hercules whom he dated during their time as "Champions."
  6. Nova (Frankie Raye) - Earth-born Herald of Galactus whom Hercules met and seduced while saving a planet from Galactus.
  7. Layanna Sweetwater - Human-looking alien whom Hercules beds in the future. She bears him his son, Arimathes.
  8. Lucinda Thrust - Human-looking alien whom Hercules romances in the future during the rule of his son Arimathes.
  9. She-Hulk - The She-Hulk had long fantasized about Herc and the two finally had a one-night stand in Cleveland after defeating Bran.
  10. Taylor Madison - A mortal construct created by Hera to be the ideal/perfect woman for Hercules.
  11. Snowbird - Inuit demigoddess whom Hercules consoled and bedded while leading the God Squad during the Skrull Invasion.
  12. Namora - Atlantean Princess whom Hercules met while they were Renegades and with whom he had a tryst after the Skrull Invasion.
  13. Queen Alflyse - Queen of the Dark Elves of Svartalfheim, she and Hercules got married and got down when Hercules posed as Thor.
  14. Arachne (Olympian Goddess) - Olympian spider-goddess with whom Hercules clashed. He calmed her aggression by having sex with her.
  15. Psylocke - Mutant psychic and martial artist with whom Hercules has a one-night-stand after a brief team up.
  16. Rhea - Mortal co-worker, of Greek descent, of Hercules during his time as a de-powered local hero following the Chaos War.

It's unclear but possible that Hercules was also with these ladies:

1. Amora the Enchantress - When she enchanted him and used him to attack the Avengers.
  2. Scarlet Witch - When she and Herc dated during his first stint as an Avenger.
  3. Black Mamba - When she, as a civilian associate of the Masters of Evil, picked Hercules up, drugged him and got him drunk.
  4. Sersi - As alluded to when Hercules sought her out for advice on training Thor fill-in Eric Masterson.
  5. Deathcry - Their intimacy was alluded to when he gave her a ride back the her home amongst the Shi'ar.

Interesting side notes:

1. Jane Foster - Hercules met and serenaded Jane upon his first arrival on Earth in modern times. This lead to an epic battle against Thor.
  2. Wasp - She openly flirted with Hercules during his first stint with the Avengers in attempt to make Hank Pym jealous. It didn't seem to lead anywhere.
  3. Tigra - Tigra overtly flirted with Hercules during an early (the first?) Avengers (East)/West Coast Avengers team-up.
  4. Kismet - Hercules was one of several high-level super-powered men with whom Kismet "mated" with, though no sexual contact was made.
  5. Elektra - These two teamed up while Hercules was a mortal defender of a Greek neighborhood in New York Ctiy. Herc came on to Elektra but to no avail.
#8 Posted by Z3RO180 (6720 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: ithink the tearm Man-Whore is a bit of an understatment for Herc

#9 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@PowerHerc: ithink the tearm Man-Whore is a bit of an understatment for Herc

Lol! Yeah, maybe.

I think the term "Ladies Man" applies.

#10 Posted by Z3RO180 (6720 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

"Ladies Man"

Thats the nice way of putting it :P

#11 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180 said:

@PowerHerc said:

"Ladies Man"

Thats the nice way of putting it :P

Aye, 'tis. :D

#12 Posted by SoA (5259 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

this is kinda true in extreme x-men (alternate world counterparts of some x-men) that world's logan and hercules were lovers

#13 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (35176 posts) - - Show Bio

Northstar

#14 Posted by seekquaze (617 posts) - - Show Bio

Depending on the list you go by mythological Hercules slept with anywhere from fifty to a hundred women who were not his wives. Add on the various romances he is implied to have had since returning to the Earth and the ones he probable had on Mt. Olympus over the pas three thousand years. Hercules' sexual conquests easily number in the thousands.

#15 Posted by Wolfrazer (7740 posts) - - Show Bio

Well am speaking of moreso comic Herc, I know myth there was alot. Though does the same apply for DC Herc? Or is DC's Herc not so much of a ladies man compared to Marvel's?

#16 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

Well am speaking of moreso comic Herc, I know myth there was alot. Though does the same apply for DC Herc? Or is DC's Herc not so much of a ladies man compared to Marvel's?

Marvel's Hercules is the ultimate ladies man.

DC's Hercules? Not so much.

#17 Posted by Wolfrazer (7740 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

@Wolfrazer said:

Marvel's Hercules is the ultimate ladies man.

DC's Hercules? Not so much.

Hmm...odd considering they are pretty much the same guy, though don't like how DC's is a douche its a wonder why they made him as such.
#18 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer:

Marvel's and DC's versions of Hercules could (should?) be more similar but ever since DC rebooted it's universe in the late 80's they've portrayed their version of Hercules as "heel" type character who is used primarily as a punching bag for Wonder Woman. I think that sucks considering their 70's "Hercules Unbound" series portrayed Hercules as the heroic character he always should be. The series was pretty decent, too.

#19 Posted by Wolfrazer (7740 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

@Wolfrazer:

Marvel's and DC's versions of Hercules could (should?) be more similar but ever since DC rebooted it's universe in the late 80's they've portrayed their version of Hercules as "heel" type character who is used primarily as a punching bag for Wonder Woman. I think that sucks considering their 70's "Hercules Unbound" series portrayed Hercules as the heroic character he always should be. The series was pretty decent, too.

/facepalm! 

...I know Herc is public domain and all, but I really hate it when the companies downgrade certain characters to where they are instead of where they should be. But doesn't DC's Herc rival that of Superman? Or is that not so anymore? I would think so...
#20 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer:

Facepalm, indeed!

I hate it when certain characters, public domain included, aren't treated with the respect they deserve just so a company can promote it's own property.

DC's Hercules did rival Superman in strength from the 50's through the 70's but hasn't since. Heck, ever since Wonder Woman started getting all her strength upgrades in the late 80's, DC doesn't even let him truly rival her in strength. I don't agree with it but that's what's happened.

#21 Posted by Wolfrazer (7740 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:  :/......He hasn't appeared in the New 52 has he? If not perhaps then someone will come along, and write him better.
#22 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: Hercules has not appeared in DC's New 52 yet (as far as I know).

I agree; If DC does decide to reintroduce Hercules, I hope they do write him better.

#23 Posted by Danvidar (41 posts) - - Show Bio

#24 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Danvidar said:

Ah, I see. This I didn't know.

It's cool that DC refers to it's Hercules as "the Lion." It's another thing he has in common with Marvel's Hercules.

#25 Posted by seekquaze (617 posts) - - Show Bio

With all this talk about how many women Hercules has been with I found something about what some of the Avengers females think of him. From West Coast Avengers Annual #4

#26 Edited by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

A related question, in relation to this thread, is; Who should Hercules be with next?

I say Thundra!

She is a warrior-born and she a brickhouse. Imagine the kid the combined genes of these two would produce . . .

Thundra - by MC Wyman
Thundra
Thundra - custom statue
Art by MC Wyman
#27 Edited by seekquaze (617 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc: The kid would no doubt be powerful, but doesn't she hate men or something like that? I have only read a few appearances of her, but Hercules seems to embody many of the traits she dislikes about men.

By the way, when Thundra was selecting Lyra's father why didn't she choose Hercules? If she was looking for the strongest man on Earth godly or mortal he would fit the bill and it is not like she would have had to force him or anything. His power is much more stable than the Hulk's. IIRC, in the issue it was stated Thor was off planet too often to go to a time when you knew he would be there, but I would think Hercules would be a bit easier to track. If worse comes to worse you could go back to the days he was mortal.

Or for that matter why was Lyra sent back to mate with Norman Osborn, someone I would call a far cry from the best examples of Earth's males in anyway!

#28 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@seekquaze said:

@PowerHerc: The kid would no doubt be powerful, but doesn't she hate men or something like that? I have only read a few appearances of her, but Hercules seems to embody many of the traits she dislikes about men.

By the way, when Thundra was selecting Lyra's father why didn't she choose Hercules? If she was looking for the strongest man on Earth godly or mortal he would fit the bill and it is not like she would have had to force him or anything. His power is much more stable than the Hulk's. IIRC, in the issue it was stated Thor was off planet too often to go to a time when you knew he would be there, but I would think Hercules would be a bit easier to track. If worse comes to worse you could go back to the days he was mortal.

Thundra doesn't actually hate men, she's just biased against them because she feels they're inferior to women. She's a reverse-sexist. Besides, Hercules has many traits she does value, a lot! With those traits and his charm, he could doubtless win her over.

Why she would pick the Hulk over Hercules only makes sense from a corporate perspective. The Hulk is a more valuable Marvel property and they have a vested interest in showcasing him over Hercules. Thinking logically, Thundra would almost certainly want to mate with Hercules or maybe Thor over the Thing (who isn't as strong, immortal or durable as either Herc or Thor) or the Hulk (who more often than not is an uncontrollable, monstrous and still mortal engine of destruction).

When Thundra first appeared she sought to mate with the Thing because she thought he was the strongest man on Earth even though he wasn't the strongest. Judging by her pursuit of the Thing and then the Hulk it seems quite likely she would want to mate with Hercules if given the chance. After all, he's an Olympian immortal warrior who is stronger than all but one or two non-cosmic, non-abstract being in the known Marvel Universe.

#29 Posted by Wolfrazer (7740 posts) - - Show Bio
@seekquaze:  Dang straight Hercules is a 10. 

@PowerHerc:  But ya I could see Thundra being good...for DC actually(when he is written as he should be..) it would be rather interesting, for him to have a relationship with Diana. (If of course she wasn't with Superman) I mean ya they are related, though really only half..that means the other half is ok! So it would be a half ok relationship!
#30 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by Wolfrazer (7740 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:  Have actually been looking for a picture like this, but could only find ones with DC Herc and him being a douche. But ya do agree with Barda would be a good choice, though I think Diana would be more interesting given the whole Greek gods thing of them marrying and loving their own siblings and what not. But Barda would be a good choice, but ah again thanks for the picture needed it!
#32 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: You're welcome!

Hercules and Diana would be interesting because of the Greek God connection.

I think Hercules and Big Barda would just as interesting due to the "Old Gods" (Greek Gods)/ New Gods thing and the fact that both of these characters were originally designed and created (co-created in Herc's case) by Jack Kirby himself.

I also think Herc & Barda make a better pair because neither is an "A-List" superhero within their respective universes and thus neither would carry as much history, as many expectations or as many die-hard fans who would inevitably not like how "Their" character was portrayed.

#33 Posted by Wolfrazer (7740 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:  True on that would be nice.
#34 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer:

Hey, why don't you comment on my blog I linked for you?

You can post your opinion about why you think Herc and Diana would make a good couple.

#35 Posted by Wolfrazer (7740 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:  Done and done.
#36 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: Thanks a bunch! I truly appreciate it!

#37 Posted by thestarguy (368 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

@Wolfrazer:

Hmm you read that? I read the "Hercules Unbound" series also back then, and it was excellent! I was really hoping for something to really break into Hercules favor at DC from that, but it ended up like many other orphan projects at DC back then, meaning basically becoming non-canon.

#38 Edited by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@thestarguy:

Yeah, it has been largely ignored despite Walt Simonson's excellent art and how good the series was overall.

Did you know this incarnation of DC's Hercules got his own action figure as part of "The Lost World of the Warlord" series by Remco?

Hercules - Remco action figure
#39 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyway, getting back on topic, here's a nice bunch of images I found posted in another thread that seemed more appropriate for this thread.

They do illustrate a few of Hercules' romances.

And a few more I thought I'd add . . .

Hercules n Snowbird: Before the Lovin'
Hercules - Meets Hippolyta in Hollywood
Hercules n Hippolyta
Hercules charming Frankie Raye
Hercules and Alflyse
Hercules charming the ladies
Hercules serenades the ladies
Hercules weds Hebe
Hebe's obsession with Hercules
Hercules with Layanna Sweetwater
Hercules & Namora - Underwater smooch
Herc n Namora - on vacation
#40 Posted by John Valentine (16335 posts) - - Show Bio
General Howlett
#41 Posted by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

Here's Hercules and Psylocke parting ways after a romantic "Team-up":

#42 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer:

@PowerHerc:

#43 Edited by Kala (46 posts) - - Show Bio

It says at the time of this post, that Herc has appeared in 1337 issues...

#44 Posted by LeeSensei (396 posts) - - Show Bio

@kala said:

What about it.

#45 Edited by PowerHerc (85336 posts) - - Show Bio

@kala said:

This thread isn't asking how many comics Hercules has appeared in. It's asking how many intimate partners he's had.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.