Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

So whats happening with herc??

z3ro180

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By z3ro180

Iv been out the loop on herc for a while and was woundering if someone could fill me in on whats been happening with herc lately??

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By X35

@Z3RO180: After his series was cancelled not much... he was in the most recent issue, and may be joining the staff, of Avengers Academy.

hectorsquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By hectorsquall

@X35 said:

@Z3RO180: After his series was cancelled not much... he was in the most recent issue, and may be joining the staff, of Avengers Academy.

That would be awesome! Hercules could be the best teacher ever!

Wait a minute... WTF?!?!
    Wait a minute... WTF?!?!
    clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By clemj

@hectorsquall: exactly... WTF

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#5  Edited By PowerHerc

As long as he gets his full powers back, I'll be happy to see him as a regular cast member anywhere.

thestarguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By thestarguy

@PowerHerc said:

As long as he gets his full powers back, I'll be happy to see him as a regular cast member anywhere.

Pretty much agreed on this! I get the impression that Marvel is purposely keeping Herc de-powered until AVX and Fear Itself are resolved. But I will be picking up Avengers Academy as long as Hercules is there.

Kallarkz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By Kallarkz

@thestarguy said:

@PowerHerc said:

Pretty much agreed on this! I get the impression that Marvel is purposely keeping Herc de-powered until AVX and Fear Itself are resolved. But I will be picking up Avengers Academy as long as Hercules is there.

That could be true. Although I was enjoying the prospect of seeing his adventures being depowered that series just didn't take off the way that I wanted it to. I still remember how excited I was when Herc #1 came out.

Avatar image for thegreyoutcastx
    TheGreyOutcastX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheGreyOutcastX

@hectorsquall: X-23 is not impressed LOL.

One_Eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By One_Eye

@TheGreyOutcastX: Maybe she's seen Wolverine naked once or twice and has become desensitized to it all.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By PowerHerc
    Hercules - Facing Sebastian Shaw
    Hercules - Facing Sebastian Shaw
    No Caption Provided

Here's Hercules fighting Sebastian Shaw at the Avengers Academy.

Hercules really needs his strength back. De-powered, he stood no chance against Shaw.

seekquaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By seekquaze

@PowerHerc: This is a key reason why bladed weapons no matter what do not work well in ongoing comics unless against a mook. You cannot have Shaw getting sliced open since he lacks a healing factor. So the sword has to take the fall. I think the same would have happened if it was Black Knight's ebony blade or just about any other sword. Unless in said story Shaw could be defeated. Has Wolverine ever been able to cut Shaw?

On another note, its kind of stupid for Hercules to tell Shaw what each item does. Shaw knew to knock the shield away based on the association with Perseus.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By PowerHerc

@seekquaze: Great points all concerning bladed weapons in comics. Clearly Hercules was used as a jobber against Shaw.

It makes no sense whatsoever for Hercules to explain his weapons and their capabilities to Shaw. Hercules doing so is obviously the writer telling the reader through Hercules while at the same time telling Shaw and giving him an advantage to help explain his win.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.