So to make a bad situation at least something credible...

#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (7436 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright so to make something as bad as turning Hercules into a mere.....mortal *shudders* I say that we look at the positives! There are always positives even if its a bad thing....so..lets see!

===

1. Uh...we get to see Hercules skill with ancient greek weaponry!

......ok thats all I really have lol. If anyone has any scans of a mortal Herc doing some impressive stuff, I say share it so that...well we can at least try to make the best out of a bad situation!

#2 Posted by LeeSensei (385 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a panel that mentioned his fighting skills and 1000's of years worth of experience, but I can't remember where it was at the moment.

Off topic, but this is the kind of outfit I'm hoping that Hercules will where in the Marvel Universe when he returns. Except throw in his half helmet and add more green and gold to the costume.

detail.jpg (550×834)

#3 Posted by Wolfrazer (7436 posts) - - Show Bio

@leesensei: This?

Also it still fits for this thread anyway, so yay mortal Herc!

#4 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@wolfrazer: You're right; there really isn't very much to like about Hercules' depowered time. I agree that it was nice seeing him show his fighting skills against Elektra and it was cool seeing him use ancient Greek weaponry (Olympian weaponry at that!), too.

One other positive thing, maybe the only other positive thing, about Herc's depowered time is that he remained a true hero - facing any and every threat no matter how dangerous without the benefit of his strength, stamina and durability. Hercules relied only on his skills, resourcefulness and courage proving to any and all that, powers or no powers, he is a true hero.

#5 Edited by Wolfrazer (7436 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: Wait one more! Though its probably more of a preference thing, but I do like his outfit..

#6 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: Wait one more! Though its probably more of a preference thing, but I do like his outfit..

Sorry, I hate that costume. It's way to generic/non-distinctive imo.

#7 Edited by Wolfrazer (7436 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

@wolfrazer said:

The golden lion head(??) isn't distinctive? :P But as said, preference thing...ah well. Guess no one really has read about mortal Herc then to give something lol, suppose shows how bad a move it was.

#8 Edited by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc said:

@wolfrazer said:

The golden lion head(??) isn't distinctive? :P But as said, preference thing...ah well. Guess no one really has read about mortal Herc then to give something lol, suppose shows how bad a move it was.

The golden lion head is the only thing distinctive about it. Otherwise it might as well be a green version of the X-uniforms of the 90's.

Considering how little I enjoyed the "Herc" series and how badly Hercules needs to be repowered, I'm glad I didn't like his look therein. I think it'll be best when both the series and the costume are largely forgotten.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.