Should Hercules be able to develop other powers as a god?

• 59 results
#51 Posted by westy206 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull:

Breaking the time barrier, punching holes in reality and even hold a tornado.

Also toon force or silly to look at powers have been fairly successful over the years Green Lantern is the obvious one in my opinion.

#52 Edited by Outside_85 (8587 posts) - - Show Bio

By the looks of things... he looks quite godly enough :)

That said I do agree that Marvel's Gods tend to be more human than what you might expect. Herc for instance is the sort of chap that will show up at your house to go drinking. But I also think that is why they tend to work as superheroes, that they act human means that we readers can relate to them. As for powers, I think Marvel is well aware of how problematic an ever-expanding powerset can be due to how their classical age Thor and Dr. Strange could do just about anything.

#53 Posted by RaynorJ (1498 posts) - - Show Bio

@westy206 said:

@theacidskull:

I think the only way we should see his power increase is if he can do impossible strength feats due to him being a mystical god being. Something like he could catch light, or hold a tornado, push back a wave. Physically it wouldn't make sense but I think as a god it would be pretty cool.

Like holding the heavens?

#54 Edited by westy206 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

@raynorj:

Exactly like holding the heavens.

Also in the later Herc series with no powers he could hear prayers and it described it as it should make him stronger but as he currently had no powers his allies got stronger.

#55 Edited by PowerHerc (82778 posts) - - Show Bio

@westy206 said:

@theacidskull:

I think the only way we should see his power increase is if he can do impossible strength feats due to him being a mystical god being. Something like he could catch light, or hold a tornado, push back a wave. Physically it wouldn't make sense but I think as a god it would be pretty cool.

This is a great idea!

#56 Edited by westy206 (589 posts) - - Show Bio

@powerherc: I know right. Thats how i imagine how his strength should work. It would explain some feats aswell like holding the heavens.

#57 Posted by PowerHerc (82778 posts) - - Show Bio

@westy206 said:

@powerherc: I know right. Thats how i imagine how his strength should work. It would explain some feats aswell like holding the heavens.

Yes, plus it would explain any future feat anyone could ever conceive. Absolutely any strength feat could be explained and thus, be possible.

#58 Edited by LeeSensei (385 posts) - - Show Bio

@westy206 said:

@theacidskull:

That's kinda toon force :P

I'd say that he should do things like hulk does, holding a tornado is funny, breaking the time barrier is badass :D

Holding a tornado?

Didn't Thor and Hercules once punch a dimensional portal closed? I think they can already do that.

#59 Posted by PowerHerc (82778 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

@westy206 said:

@theacidskull:

That's kinda toon force :P

I'd say that he should do things like hulk does, holding a tornado is funny, breaking the time barrier is badass :D

Holding a tornado?

Didn't Thor and Hercules once punch a dimensional portal closed? I think they can already do that.

Yes, Hercules and Thor punched a dimensional portal closed in "Avengers" #100.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.