Just Staring Out.

#1 Posted by Z3RO180 (6703 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok i have read the first issue in hercs new seris and thought it was really good and i have also read thoracles where herc pretends to be thor and thor pretends to be herc.any way i have been starting to wont to get into herc a bit more and i was woundering what is a good story are to start off at.
#2 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

@Z3RO180:
You might want to check out the two "Hercules: Prince of Power" minis from the early to mid-80's by Bob Layton followed by the his "Full Circle" graphic novel in the late 80's.

Another good choice would be "Hercules: The New Labors" in '05.  If you'd like to see Herc battling Thor, the recent "Thor vs Hercules" trade paperback collects several of their classic battles from every decade starting in the 60's to the 2000's.

That's more than just one place to start, but any and/or all of them would get you off to a good start.  If you check these out and you're still interested in more of Herc's back stories, let me know.  I can recommend some specific issues of various comics going back several years.

#3 Posted by D3athstroke (4153 posts) - - Show Bio

Assault On New Olympus

#4 Posted by Z3RO180 (6703 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:
Thanks mate ill check these out and get to you.
#5 Posted by Jotham (4512 posts) - - Show Bio

I got the TPBs of The Incredible Hercules, starting with this one:

I think it was a good purchase.
#6 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio
@Z3RO180 said:
"

@PowerHerc: Thanks mate ill check these out and get to you.

"

I look forward to hearing from you.
#7 Posted by D3athstroke (4153 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jotham said:
" I got the TPBs of The Incredible Hercules, starting with this one:

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.