Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

I WANT MY SECOND FAVORITE MARVEL HERO BACK

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

- COME ON MARVEL

- HERCULES RETURN

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Marvel,

Tis time (past time, really) for the return of the Lion of Olympus!

Tis time for the Return of Hercules!

Aye! Verily!

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By HumanRocket

I've only really been exposed to herc in the civil war series but I also agree with this!

VicsAegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree, that Hercules needs to return to the Marvel Universe. I understand that Thor has the big push due to his movie exposure, but there is enough room for Hercules to take part in a MU book and to be a vital character.

I miss not seeing the Lion of Olympus on a regular basis!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By kidchipotle

Not to sound like a jerk, but if you want to read about Hercules, he was in like 1 or 2 issues of The Ultimates recently ;-)

But seriously..yeah, he's cool and should come back.

Question though: WHERE has he been?

Dabee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I too believe the return of Hercules is due.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

My very favourite character is nowhere to be seen other than a couple pages in fearless defenders. He needs his powers back along with Ares resurrection.

waezi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@powerherc said:

Marvel,

Tis time (past time, really) for the return of the Lion of Olympus!

Tis time for the Return of Hercules!

Aye! Verily!

What he said.

BTW I have heard that Cho is in a Marvel Now book. Witch one? And is it good?

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

To hell with this fu****ing Marvel.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By bigcimmerian

bump hehe

thedude4731

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am as big a fan as anyone but it makes sense the theory of marvel removing our favorite version of Hercules. I am truly loosing hope of ever seeing the lion of Olympus the way we want to see him.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am as big a fan as anyone but it makes sense the theory of marvel removing our favorite version of Hercules. I am truly loosing hope of ever seeing the lion of Olympus the way we want to see him.

Few days ago I realised that we haven't seen any damn Olympian in a long time, not just Hercules.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Some writer will eventually have a story for the true Marvel Hercules again and then we'll finally see the return of the Lion of Olympus.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

was recently in the fearless defenders for a cameo.

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By bigcimmerian

Some writer will eventually have a story for the true Marvel Hercules again and then we'll finally see the return of the Lion of Olympus.

What do you think about my drawing? Resolution is pretty bad though.

No Caption Provided

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc said:

What do you think about my drawing? Resolution is pretty bad though.

No Caption Provided

I like your drawing. You did nice work!

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

...yes bring back Herc. There's two characters I want to see return right now, one is captain atom from DC who was awesome in his brief New 52 run and the other is Marvel's great Herc.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza:

All Right! It's always good to see another Hercules fan!

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE

bigcimmerian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: lol it's been almost a year since I created this thread. Any news about Herc?

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bigcimmerian: A pic of him in uncanny X-men, headline on a computer screen about him and she hulk hooking up.

Avatar image for captainmarvel4ever
    CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just send a message to Disney about how he would be a great fit for live action, and before you know it not only will he be back, he will have his own book and be on the Avengers.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#23  Edited By Teerack

I agree. It has been way too long since Herc has been in anything steady. He started to be in Avengers Academy and then it got canceled like 4 issues later. :/

With the Avenger Roster being as big as it is now It seems stupid that Cap wouldn't ask Herc to join even if he isn't a power house and is just a mystic fighter like he was in his last ongoing. I mean he was one of the most important members of Cap's forces during the civil war and just look at how much fate he puts into Luke and Falcon two of the other core members of Cap's Avengers team. Not to mention he saved everything during the Chaos War event.

That also being said I think that marvel just dropping Amadeus Cho pretty much after siege entirely was just stupid and pointless. I want a Herc and Cho book or both of them on the Avengers. Hell Amadeus would have been a really interesting member of the Illuminati.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Just send a message to Disney about how he would be a great fit for live action, and before you know it not only will he be back, he will have his own book and be on the Avengers.

Loading Video...

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Actually I wasn't being sarcastic, if Disney/Marvel deem him worthy of appearing on screen in some shape or form, you can expect to see much more of him.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Lvenger

@lvenger: Actually I wasn't being sarcastic, if Disney/Marvel deem him worthy of appearing on screen in some shape or form, you can expect to see much more of him.

Oh right I thought you were saying that it was unrealistic to think that Hercules would be making a comeback any time soon. As for Disney's use of him, I think Asgard covers their godly bases in the first base so I don't think they'd want to muddle things by introducing the Olympian pantheon too. Especially when that'll be the focus of Wonder Woman's origins and backstory.

CaptainMarvel4Ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Yeah I miss Herc. He was always cooler than Thor.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Beta Ray Bills's where it's at

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Teerack
    @arturocalakayvee said:

Question though: WHERE has he been?

Last we saw he joined the faculty of Avenger Academy back in Avengers vs. X-Men. Even though there is no more book about it, Avengers Acdemy is still supposedly up and running. It's not clear if Hank Pym is still running it or not.

@lvenger said:

@captainmarvel4ever said:

Oh right I thought you were saying that it was unrealistic to think that Hercules would be making a comeback any time soon. As for Disney's use of him, I think Asgard covers their godly bases in the first base so I don't think they'd want to muddle things by introducing the Olympian pantheon too. Especially when that'll be the focus of Wonder Woman's origins and backstory.

I don't know. Disney used to have a pretty huge hard on for anything Hercules back in the 90s.

They had two different live action shows, an animated movie, an animated series, a few movies for tv, and a theme ride or two. Then there is also the fact a lot of movies not related to Hercules have things based off greek myths like Ariel's farther being based off Poseidon in The Little Mermaid for example.

It wouldn't be to surprising if they did made a new Herc movie tied to Marvel's movies.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: True, the Disney Hercules did do surprisingly well. It's actually my all time favourite childhood film and in my top 10 favourite films for childhood/nostalgic reasons. So I see where you're coming from. BUT I hear that according to the DVD commentary for Hercules, Disney based their take on Hercules on the Superman mythos. A pretty big irony given that Hercules was an inspiration for Superman's creation and now Superman was influencing how Hercules was presented. Anyway, Marvel Hercules isn't really similar to Disney's Hercules so I don't see a likely place for Hercules to show up whilst Thor and Asgard are present in the MCU.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Teerack
    @lvenger said:

@teerack: True, the Disney Hercules did do surprisingly well. It's actually my all time favourite childhood film and in my top 10 favourite films for childhood/nostalgic reasons. So I see where you're coming from. BUT I hear that according to the DVD commentary for Hercules, Disney based their take on Hercules on the Superman mythos. A pretty big irony given that Hercules was an inspiration for Superman's creation and now Superman was influencing how Hercules was presented. Anyway, Marvel Hercules isn't really similar to Disney's Hercules so I don't see a likely place for Hercules to show up whilst Thor and Asgard are present in the MCU.

The animated one may have been based off superman, but the live action tv show that did very well was based more off the various stories of Hercules. I don't think Disney has already made multiple version of Herc, so it wouldn't be that crazy to base it off Marvel. They could honestly just tell the story of Herc and then have the movie take a time skip to the modern era at the very end after the credits like they did in Capetian America The First Avenger.

Unless you're saying that the live action show was based off Superman, then I think that might be more talking about the format of the show coping the old Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman format. The same way you can say Parks and Recreation is based off of The office even tho they only really share the same format.

Avatar image for theamazingspidey
    TheAmazingSpidey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheAmazingSpidey

I've got my Spidey... all I need :P

- TAS

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I want him & Ares back as i miss seeing those two fight or team up.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
    @lvenger said:

The animated one may have been based off superman, but the live action tv show that did very well was based more off the various stories of Hercules. I don't think Disney has already made multiple version of Herc, so it wouldn't be that crazy to base it off Marvel. They could honestly just tell the story of Herc and then have the movie take a time skip to the modern era at the very end after the credits like they did in Capetian America The First Avenger.

Unless you're saying that the live action show was based off Superman, then I think that might be more talking about the format of the show coping the old Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman format. The same way you can say Parks and Recreation is based off of The office even tho they only really share the same format.

Oh were you referring to Hercules: The Legendary Journeys? I don't think Disney had a monopoly on that, Universal were the producers of that show. Though you're right that it was very popular, I remember watching multiple episodes.

I was more referring to the Disney film and cartoon copying from Superman and Lois & Clark: The New Adventures of Superman at the time.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: Oh, I thought that and Young Hercules were Disney. My bad.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's recently popped up in Superior foes. A couple of the guys from the group reminis old jobs and they included Herc then he showed up and gave them the gift.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I agree. It has been way too long since Herc has been in anything steady. He started to be in Avengers Academy and then it got canceled like 4 issues later. :/

With the Avenger Roster being as big as it is now It seems stupid that Cap wouldn't ask Herc to join even if he isn't a power house and is just a mystic fighter like he was in his last ongoing. I mean he was one of the most important members of Cap's forces during the civil war and just look at how much fate he puts into Luke and Falcon two of the other core members of Cap's Avengers team. Not to mention he saved everything during the Chaos War event.

That also being said I think that marvel just dropping Amadeus Cho pretty much after siege entirely was just stupid and pointless. I want a Herc and Cho book or both of them on the Avengers. Hell Amadeus would have been a really interesting member of the Illuminati.

I agree.

slimj87d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By slimj87d

I saw what happened with herc and sebastian shaw... It was so stupid... Herc's sword cuts at a micro level, it should have killed sebastian Shaw or went through him regardless of his powers.

Wolverine cut Shaw up in new avengers.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@powerherc: it's in volume 2, not sure which issue but it gave me my Herc fix that I needed since Defenders.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HE IS BACK.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.