Follow

Hercules

Character » Hercules appears in 1962 issues.

One of six Olympian sons of Zeus, Hercules was born the savior of the Gods and mankind. Known as the Prince of Power, Hercules is one of the strongest beings in existence, an Olympian God and a modern superhero recognized throughout the world for his might. He has been a champion of mankind since ancient times and continues to defend the world in the modern age - most frequently as a member of the Avengers.

Hercules' weight

Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Valkaad

Zeus is 6'7" 560 lbs.
    Pluto is 6'5" 520 lbs.
    Hephaestus is 6'5" 645 lbs
    Thor is 6'6" 640 lbs..

The list goes on an on with Olympians, Asgardian, Egyptian and Celtic gods, all of whom have density about 3 times that of humans which of course account for their superhuman strength and weight.The one I have never understood is Hercules. At 6'5" he is only listed as 325 lbs by far the lightest of any god listed in the marvel universe (even Artemis at 5'9" weighs 420 lbs.). Some people may say that it is because he is half human, but considering he has "greater resistance to physical injury than any other Olypmian god except for Zeus", and is "the strongest Olympian God", you would think he would have the same density. Just wanted to see if anyone had any creative thoughts on this.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

He's 6'5 325lbs.

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By Erik

Hmmm.... Nice stats.

King_Saturn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By King_Saturn
    Thor and Zeus should play on the Offensive Line for the Detroit Lions... lord knows they could use the help up front
    Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#5  Edited By Erik
    King Saturn said:
    "Thor and Zeus should play on the Offensive Line for the Detroit Lions... lord knows they could use the help up front
    "
    Lol awesome!
    the creator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By the creator
    Valkaad said:
    "Zeus is 6'7" 560 lbs.
    Pluto is 6'5" 520 lbs.
    Hephaestus is 6'5" 645 lbs
    Thor is 6'6" 640 lbs..

The list goes on an on with Olympians, Asgardian, Egyptian and Celtic gods, all of whom have density about 3 times that of humans which of course account for their superhuman strength and weight.The one I have never understood is Hercules. At 6'5" he is only listed as 325 lbs by far the lightest of any god listed in the marvel universe (even Artemis at 5'9" weighs 420 lbs.). Some people may say that it is because he is half human, but considering he has "greater resistance to physical injury than any other Olypmian god except for Zeus", and is "the strongest Olympian God", you would think he would have the same density. Just wanted to see if anyone had any creative thoughts on this."
    I would also have thought that Hercules should be heavier than 325 lbs.
    Probably more in line with Pluto or Ares.
    This low weight makes him about 100 lbs lighter than Luke Cage.
    SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7  Edited By SUNMAN
    King Saturn said:
    "Thor and Zeus should play on the Offensive Line for the Detroit Lions... lord knows they could use the help up front
    "
    They'd still lose. Lions suck!!!!!!!! No defense, no passing game, etc.
    Valkaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Valkaad
    @Vance Astro said:
    "He's 6'5 325lbs. "

Did you even read my post??? I said he was 6'5 325.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#9  Edited By PowerHerc

Yeah, I noticed this a long time ago.  I'd always rationalized that the weight of the gods was approximately double what it would be if they were human.  I know that this doesn't necessarily make sense but that's how I figured it.  Using this formula Zeus's weight would be 280lbs at 6' 7", Pluto would weigh 260lbs at 6' 5" and Thor would weigh 320lbs at 6' 6".  These weights are reasonable/appropriate for large muscular human males, so my rationale seemed logical.  Conversely, Hercules weight at full godhood would/should be 650lbs at 6' 5".  Where this explanation seems to break down is when it's applied to goddesses (i.e. Valkyrie, Enchantress, Athena, Venus, Sif, etc.).   All of the goddesses weights are still way to high even when halved.  
    LeeSensei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should probably get a boost IMO. 650 lbs sounds right. Stan and Jack created him to be the physically most powerful Olympian, but he's a literal lightweight relative to them.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.