Hercules Strength

• 83 results
#1 Posted by Porter (84 posts) - - Show Bio

How much can Hercules lift? Can he lift a mountain or lift similar heavily objects?

#2 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio

Over 100 tons, but I don't think the exact amount has ever been said.

#3 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

He's pulled Manhattan while swimming...

#4 Posted by POHOCOM (807 posts) - - Show Bio

In Marvel, characters generally do not often defy the rules of physics like DC characters do, so strength is displayed in other ways. Herc is probably among the top four strongest beings currently walking the Earth in Marvel. Only Juggernaut, Hulk, Thor and Sentry have a chance of possibly surpassing him in strength.

#5 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

I would only put Hulk and Sentry above him and maybe Thor equal to him. After the death of the Beyonder in Secret War II, he lifted a chunk of rock almost the size of a skyscraper. He stood toe to toe with a mindless Hulk with no sttrength limitation.

#6 Posted by fesak (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there's a few others stronger than him, Hyperion and Gladiator for example.

#7 Posted by POHOCOM (807 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"I think there's a few others stronger than him, Hyperion and Gladiator for example."

I don't think that Hyperion is stronger. Gladiator may be, but he is not on Earth at this time.

#8 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

POHOCOM says:

"fesak says:
"I think there's a few others stronger than him, Hyperion and Gladiator for example."
I don't think that Hyperion is stronger. Gladiator may be, but he is not on Earth at this time."

I agree.

#9 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

ah dang it fesak you stopped my goal

#10 Posted by fesak (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

POHOCOM says:

"fesak says:

I don't think that Hyperion is stronger. Gladiator may be, but he is not on Earth at this time."

Hyperion is much stronger, especially King Hyperion. I would put him as the second strongest in MU. (excluding celestials and such)

It's said that Sentry fought Galactus to a standstill. King Hyperion killed the Galactus of his reality.

#11 Posted by the creator (8576 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"POHOCOM says:
"fesak says:
Hyperion is much stronger, especially King Hyperion. I would put him as the second strongest in MU. (excluding celestials and such) It's said that Sentry fought Galactus to a standstill. King Hyperion killed the Galactus of his reality."

Both Sentry's fight and King Hyperions fight with Galactus occurred 'off screen' so we don't know how weak Galactus was at the time and the method used to overcome Galactus in either encounter.

What strength feats has King Hyperion performed that makes you belive that he is the second physically strongest 'hero' level being in the Marvel Universe ?

If Sentries efforts to stop a falling Hellicarrier represents his strength level, this would seem lower than Herc's.

#12 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"POHOCOM says:
"fesak says:

Hyperion is much stronger, especially King Hyperion. I would put him as the second strongest in MU. (excluding celestials and such)

It's said that Sentry fought Galactus to a standstill. King Hyperion killed the Galactus of his reality."

Well having a stand still with galactus isn't to big sentry has one of the weakest fights with galactus on him and high evolutionary had a stand still while other like stranger, mr.reed, thor,thanos have actually beaten galactus so having a standstill isn't really good especially when they don't even show the fight.

As for king hyperion on marvel its states the strongest version of the characters are 616 the other counter parts are weaker. Besides they didn't really say how it went for all we know galactus could have been taking a cosmic dumb and king went in there and killed him.

The celestials would crush king by the way lol.

Hercules strength is pretty damn high in marvel u. He has moved Manhattan. He has thrown 66,000 ton godzilla. Gone toe to toe with hulk when he was immortal and mortal as well as thor. He best feat is holding the PLANET EARTH ON HIS SHOULDERS. Yes when hercules went to meet atlas he asked hercules like he did in mythology to hold earth on his shoulder or up i'm sorry up and hercules did that.Hercules really is on par with beings like Thor,gladiator, surpeme.

#13 Posted by the creator (8576 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"Well having a stand still with galactus isn't to big sentry has one of the weakest fights with galactus on him"

To my knowledge we don’t know how powerful Galactus was at the time so how can you say it was one of weakest fights ?

"and high evolutionary had a stand still while other like stranger, mr.reed, thor,thanos have actually beaten galactus so having a standstill isn't really good especially when they don't even show the fight."

High Evolutionary ultimately lost to Galactus if I remember correctly. Mr Fantastic (Mr Reed ?) won only through the threat of using the Ultimate Nullifier. Thor won using Asgardian Energy (now that was lame – I don’t think Thor has really used that energy again) in a travesty of writing. Thanos winning – I can forgive the writers that indiscretion.

"As for king hyperion on marvel its states the strongest version of the characters are 616 the other counter parts are weaker."

Which Marvel site ?

I checked http://www.marvel.com/universe/Hyperion , checking the various entries that were not stubs and I could not see this information. For that matter there was no Hyperion for universe 616 identified. The current most well known Hyperion (from the Squadron Supreme) is from universe 712.

Do you mean the villainous duplicate of the 712 Hyperion, created by the Grandmaster, to be amember of the Squadron Sinister ?

If you do, the heroic Hyperion (from universe 712) beat him to death, so proving that this heroic version was more powerful than the villainous pseudo-organic duplicate.

"Besides they didn't really say how it went for all we know galactus could have been taking a cosmic dumb and king went in there and killed him. "

Sound deduction. No doubt Galactus was reading a copy of Boating Monthly as well…

"Hercules strength is pretty damn high in marvel u. He has moved Manhattan. He has thrown 66,000 ton godzilla. "

So if Herc can lift and throw a lizard weighing 66000 tonnes, should not a calm Hulk therefore be able to lift 50,000 tonnes ?

#14 Posted by fesak (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

As for king hyperion on marvel its states the strongest version of the characters are 616 the other counter parts are weaker.

Your whole post is , but this one you just pulled out of your ass.

For example many of the ultimate characters are significantly stronger than their 616 counterparts, especially Namor, Colossus and Thing. And many of the AoA reality's characters are also much stronger. Especially Blink and Iceman.

I think i could find a stronger/more powerful counterpart of every 616 character if i wanted.

#15 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

God for once creator leave me the hell alone. You keep claiming all i do is lie and am the worst debater but yet you always quote me when you get a chance but any yeah i'll just prove you wrong.

To my knowledge we don’t know how powerful Galactus was at the time so how can you say it was one of weakest fights ?

1.For the simple fact it be impossible for sentry to take on a fully powered galactus and win. Also galactus doesn't really always come fully powered to fight he always tries to save energy as much as possible even during his fights. Also it is one of the weakest fights cause he still didn't win.

High Evolutionary ultimately lost to Galactus if I remember correctly. Mr Fantastic (Mr Reed ?) won only through the threat of using the Ultimate Nullifier. Thor won using Asgardian Energy (now that was lame – I don’t think Thor has really used that energy again) in a travesty of writing. Thanos winning – I can forgive the writers that indiscretion.

2.Since you wanna put fact facts its called his god force life force he used that. Last time i checked he used it on juggernaut while he was walking and also on the celestial to break open his armor so yeah your wrong yet again. So i called him mr.reed doesn't make a difference i did it this morning while rushing. Either way didn't they beat galactus and sentry still had a stand still?? So yeah his record is better then sentries.

Which Marvel site ? I checked http://www.marvel.com/universe/Hyperion , checking the various entries that were not stubs and I could not see this information. For that matter there was no Hyperion for universe 616 identified. The current most well known Hyperion (from the Squadron Supreme) is from universe 712. Do you mean the villainous duplicate of the 712 Hyperion, created by the Grandmaster, to be amember of the Squadron Sinister ? If you do, the heroic Hyperion (from universe 712) beat him to death, so proving that this heroic version was more powerful than the villainous pseudo-organic duplicate.

3.Boy shows how much you know marvel.com isn't the only site for answers in marvel. Theres gotta be atleast five other sites then marvel you can use. Also the version of Hyperion i'm talking about is the one that helped nebulon or how about lost to gladiator or the one that lost to thor cause thor reversed the energy of hyperion and turned him to the size of and ant. Yeah that version. Also shuma gorath isn't from marvel yet hes counted as a marvel character so yeah i think hyperion would be to considering hes on the marvel site and the marvel encyclopedia.

Sound deduction. No doubt Galactus was reading a copy of Boating Monthly as well…

4.Agreeded.

So if Herc can lift and throw a lizard weighing 66000 tonnes, should not a calm Hulk therefore be able to lift 50,000 tonnes ?

5.What??? that makes no sense at all. Just cause herc lifted 66,000 tons doesn't mean hulk lifts 50 tons. Considering the fact hulk is stronger and hasn't beaten herc for some odd reason in all of there fights. What does hulk lifting 50,000 tons how to do with anything thats completely off subject and old news.
Post Edited:2008-03-11 15:58:42

#16 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"zee crusher says:
As for king hyperion on marvel its states the strongest version of the characters are 616 the other counter parts are weaker.

For example many of the ultimate characters are significantly stronger than their 616 counterparts, especially Namor, Colossus and Thing. And many of the AoA reality's characters are also much stronger. Especially Blink and Iceman.

I think i could find a stronger/more powerful counterpart of every 616 character if i wanted."

Not Surtur. Thor as well. And some other heroes.

#17 Posted by fesak (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:

I think i could find a stronger/more powerful counterpart of every 616 character if i wanted."

Not Surtur. Thor as well. And some other heroes."

Earth-717 Thor was a herald of Galactus. Basically 616 Thor enhanced with Powers cosmic:

Earth-3515 Thor had the full Odin Force, and was basically ruler of earth. (Thor: The Reigning)

#18 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"zee crusher says:
"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:

Earth-717 Thor was a herald of Galactus. Basically 616 Thor enhanced with Powers cosmic:

Earth-3515 Thor had the full Odin Force, and was basically ruler of earth. (Thor: The Reigning)"

Yeah they got ENHANCED they aren't like 616 where i'd say 98% of the time he wasn't enhanced to do his stuff.

#19 Posted by fesak (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:
"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:

Earth-3515 Thor had the full Odin Force, and was basically ruler of earth. (Thor: The Reigning)"

Yeah they got ENHANCED they aren't like 616 where i'd say 98% of the time he wasn't enhanced to do his stuff. "

WTF are you talking about. They are more powerful than 616 Thor. and FYI 616 Thor has been enhanced too. Plus he uses Mjolnir 98% of the time and it also enhances his abilities.

Besides, that's not the point. You lied when you said that the 616 counterparts always are strongest.

#20 Posted by Resonate (15054 posts) - - Show Bio

the allknowing....

#21 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"zee crusher says:
"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:
"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:

Yeah they got ENHANCED they aren't like 616 where i'd say 98% of the time he wasn't enhanced to do his stuff. "

WTF are you talking about. They are more powerful than 616 Thor. and FYI 616 Thor has been enhanced too. Plus he uses Mjolnir 98% of the time and it also enhances his abilities.

Besides, that's not the point. You lied when you said that the 616 counterparts always are strongest."

Yeah he uses his hammer so do the others that doesn't make a difference. The fact one got the power cosmic maybe and has the odin force 100% of the time does. Yeah they are more powerful thanks to them being enhanced while 616 like i said is enhanced on occasion but goes right back to normal and rarely does it which means hes stronger since he doesn't have to get those to him.

#22 Posted by fesak (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:
"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:
"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:

Besides, that's not the point. You lied when you said that the 616 counterparts always are strongest."

Yeah he uses his hammer so do the others that doesn't make a difference. The fact one got the power cosmic maybe and has the odin force 100% of the time does. Yeah they are more powerful thanks to them being enhanced while 616 like i said is enhanced on occasion but goes right back to normal and rarely does it which means hes stronger since he doesn't have to get those to him."

That's not the point. You lied when you said that the 616 counterparts always are strongest.

#23 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"zee crusher says:
"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:
"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:
"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:

Yeah he uses his hammer so do the others that doesn't make a difference. The fact one got the power cosmic maybe and has the odin force 100% of the time does. Yeah they are more powerful thanks to them being enhanced while 616 like i said is enhanced on occasion but goes right back to normal and rarely does it which means hes stronger since he doesn't have to get those to him."

That's not the point. You lied when you said that the 616 counterparts always are strongest.

"

It was for galactus. Surtur who easily died in ultimate universe but in 616 nearly got rid of it. The same thing i think for mad jim jaspers. Abomination was only taller in ultimate and in 616 was or use to be twice the strength of hulk or at least lasted longer. Also how about thunder strike?? He was weaker. Red norvell. Dargo Ktor as well.

#24 Posted by fesak (7053 posts) - - Show Bio
zee crusher says:
"fesak says:That's not the point. You lied when you said that the 616 counterparts always are strongest."

It was for galactus. Surtur who easily died in ultimate universe but in 616 nearly got rid of it. The same thing i think for mad jim jaspers. Abomination was only taller in ultimate and in 616 was or use to be twice the strength of hulk or at least lasted longer. Also how about thunder strike?? He was weaker. Red norvell. Dargo Ktor as well."

I don't know what you're trying to say here, but there hasn't been an ultimate Jim Jaspers, and Earth-238 Jaspers was way more powerful than 616 Jaspers. There are counterparts of Galactus that are more powerful than 616 Galactus, and

Thunderstrike, Red Norvell and Dargo Ktor isn't counterparts of Thor.

I'm not sure what you're trying to prove here?
Post Edited:2008-03-11 16:53:00

#25 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"
zee crusher says:
"fesak says:That's not the point. You lied when you said that the 616 counterparts always are strongest."

It was for galactus. Surtur who easily died in ultimate universe but in 616 nearly got rid of it. The same thing i think for mad jim jaspers. Abomination was only taller in ultimate and in 616 was or use to be twice the strength of hulk or at least lasted longer. Also how about thunder strike?? He was weaker. Red norvell. Dargo Ktor as well."

I don't know what you're trying to say here, but there hasn't been an ultimate Jim Jaspers, and Earth-238 Jaspers was way more powerful than 616 Jaspers. There are counterparts of Galactus that are more powerful than 616 Galactus, and

Post Edited:2008-03-11 16:53:00"

Actuallly from what i remember Abraxas killed most of the other galactucs but when he came here he didn't kill ours.

Those thor are thor counter parts what are you talking about?? They are all part of the thor corps and have all had thors hammer from different places. Also i know there was no ultimate mad jim jaspers i was saying the other version was weaker. Wasn't the 616 one to destroy a universe????

Also you saying you don't get what i'm trying to prove makes no sense especially since you are arguing back.

#26 Posted by fesak (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"fesak says:
"
zee crusher says:

Those thor are thor counter parts what are you talking about?? They are all part of the thor corps and have all had thors hammer from different places.

"

No they are not. Thunderstrike is Eric Masterson, Red Norvell, Dargo Ktor are themselves. They have only used the name Thor, they are not him. It's like saying Tony Stark and James Rhodes are the same because both have used the name Iron Man.

#27 Posted by zee crusher (8997 posts) - - Show Bio

fesak says:

"zee crusher says:
"fesak says:
"
zee crusher says:

Those thor are thor counter parts what are you talking about?? They are all part of the thor corps and have all had thors hammer from different places.

"

No they are not. Thunderstrike is Eric Masterson, Red Norvell, Dargo Ktor are themselves. They have only used the name Thor, they are not him. It's like saying Tony Stark and James Rhodes are the same because both have used the name Iron Man."

But why are they Thors from different realities. Why is Dargo called thor of the furture then?? Why is red Norvell called thor in the pantheon and why do the warriors three call him that?? Because he is from anther time or place.

#28 Posted by fesak (7053 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"fesak says:
"zee crusher says:
"fesak says:
"
zee crusher says:

"

No they are not. Thunderstrike is Eric Masterson, Red Norvell, Dargo Ktor are themselves. They have only used the name Thor, they are not him. It's like saying Tony Stark and James Rhodes are the same because both have used the name Iron Man."

But why are they Thors from different realities. Why is Dargo called thor of the furture then?? Why is red Norvell called thor in the pantheon and why do the warriors three call him that?? Because he is from anther time or place."

You seriously don't know? How can you be arguing if you don't even know what you're arguing about? Sheesh!

They all used the name Thor when the original wasn't around. There are several different Robins, you wouldn't say they are the same?

Dargo is a different character from an alternate reality that used the name Thor in tribute to the original. You wouldn't say that Peter Parker and Miguel O'Hara are the same character either.

Thunderstrike and Red Norvell are Earth-616 characters. They can't be counterparts when they are from the same reality, and they have their own counterparts in different realities.

#29 Posted by the creator (8576 posts) - - Show Bio

zee crusher says:

"God for once creator leave me the hell alone. You keep claiming all i do is lie and am the worst debater but yet you always quote me when you get a chance but any yeah i'll just prove you wrong. "

No, I won’t leave you alone. Fesak has shown you lied again in this thread. Therefore I think I will keep illustrating to the vine just how often you do lie. You would improve your debating skills if you typed in comprehensible English so that others could understand what you are saying and not have to employ a translator.

I pointed out that “To my knowledge we don’t know how powerful Galactus was at the time so how can you say it was one of weakest fights ? “

This was in response to you stating

"Well having a stand still with galactus isn't to big sentry has one of the weakest fights with galactus on him"

Your answers

"1.For the simple fact it be impossible for sentry to take on a fully powered galactus and win. Also galactus doesn't really always come fully powered to fight he always tries to save energy as much as possible even during his fights. Also it is one of the weakest fights cause he still didn't win. "

Of course Sentry could not beat a fully powered Galactus. I never said he could. I said we don’t know Galactus’s power level. He could have been nearly starved – we just don’t know. Which means you don’t know. You can only assume. So Galactus tries to save energy in his fights does he ? How about the times he fought Ego or the Sphinx, or many other threats. He did not hold back if his existence depended upon overcoming his foe and there was no escape. Also I have no doubt that he can sense the huge energy reserves in the Sentry and if defeated him he could tap in to these as he did with Hyperstorm.

I said “High Evolutionary ultimately lost to Galactus if I remember correctly. Mr Fantastic (Mr Reed ?) won only through the threat of using the Ultimate Nullifier. Thor won using Asgardian Energy (now that was lame – I don’t think Thor has really used that energy again) in a travesty of writing. Thanos winning – I can forgive the writers that indiscretion. “

Your answers

"2.Since you wanna put fact facts its called his god force life force he used that. Last time i checked he used it on juggernaut while he was walking and also on the celestial to break open his armor so yeah your wrong yet again. So i called him mr.reed doesn't make a difference i did it this morning while rushing. Either way didn't they beat galactus and sentry still had a stand still?? So yeah his record is better then sentries. "

So the Asgardian Energy used in that particular encounter with Galactus is what he has also displayed in much later Thor comics, his Godly Life Force attack. Are you sure about that ? Seemed to be 2 very different visual and resultant effects there.

As for calling him Mr Reed, try slowing down so that the answers are intelligible.

I asked “ Which Marvel site ? I checked http://www.marvel.com/universe/Hyperion , checking the various entries that were not stubs and I could not see this information. For that matter there was no Hyperion for universe 616 identified. The current most well known Hyperion (from the Squadron Supreme) is from universe 712. Do you mean the villainous duplicate of the 712 Hyperion, created by the Grandmaster, to be amember of the Squadron Sinister ? If you do, the heroic Hyperion (from universe 712) beat him to death, so proving that this heroic version was more powerful than the villainous pseudo-organic duplicate.”

You answered,

"3.Boy shows how much you know marvel.com isn't the only site for answers in marvel. Theres gotta be atleast five other sites then marvel you can use. Also the version of Hyperion i'm talking about is the one that helped nebulon or how about lost to gladiator or the one that lost to thor cause thor reversed the energy of hyperion and turned him to the size of and ant. Yeah that version. Also shuma gorath isn't from marvel yet hes counted as a marvel character so yeah i think hyperion would be to considering hes on the marvel site and the marvel encyclopedia. "

I asked which site you used. You still have not answered.

So there are 5 other sites. I went to the official one.

Still waiting for your answer though.

Your answer shows that you are mixing up your Hyperions. The Hyperion who helped Nebulon is the evil duplicate (of hyperion 712) that the Grandmaster created. The one that fought Gladiator is the Hyperion from universe 712. Both versions have fought Thor but the one that Thor shrunk and imprisoned is the evil duplicate again.

I never mentioned Shuma Gorath. Obviously you have mistaken the words “pseudo-organic” for Shuma Gorath.

I’ll give you a moment to let that mistake to sink in…….

Long enough ? OK. The evil duplicate Hyperion, who was created by the Grandmaster, was composed of a semi organic material that closely resembled living flesh, hence the wording. Go look them up in a dictionary.

I asked “So if Herc can lift and throw a lizard weighing 66000 tonnes, should not a calm Hulk therefore be able to lift 50,000 tonnes ?”

You answered,

"5.What??? that makes no sense at all. Just cause herc lifted 66,000 tons doesn't mean hulk lifts 50 tons. Considering the fact hulk is stronger and hasn't beaten herc for some odd reason in all of there fights. What does hulk lifting 50,000 tons how to do with anything thats completely off subject and old news"

You said that Hercules lifted and tossed a 66 thousand tonne lizard (oh and I agree with that weight estimation). I have put to you in the past that that a calm Hulk should be able to lift 50 thousand tonnes and you dismissed this as silly.

That shows how inconsistent you are as suddenly a Marvel character quoted in the class 100 tonne range can lift over 60000 tonnes ?

In your answer you again go back again to seemingly looking at the number 50000 and see 50. I am really baffled by this.

Hercules is far stronger than a calm Hulk (and this is on thread as it talks about Hercules strength), so being able to lift and throw a 66000 tonne lizard (meaning that Herc can lift significantly more than 66000 tonnes) sounds quite reasonable considering the other feats Hercules has pulled off.

Post Edited:2008-03-12 07:58:36

#30 Posted by Morphid (1166 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel random

:-)

#31 Posted by the creator (8576 posts) - - Show Bio

The_Creator says:

"zee crusher says:
"God for once creator leave me the hell alone. You keep claiming all i do is lie and am the worst debater but yet you always quote me when you get a chance but any yeah i'll just prove you wrong. "
No, I won’t leave you alone. Fesak has shown you lied again in this thread. Therefore I think I will keep illustrating to the vine just how often you do lie. You would improve your debating skills if you typed in comprehensible English so that others could understand what you are saying and not have to employ a translator. I pointed out that “To my knowledge we don’t know how powerful Galactus was at the time so how can you say it was one of weakest fights ? “ This was in response to you stating
Your answers
"1.For the simple fact it be impossible for sentry to take on a fully powered galactus and win. Also galactus doesn't really always come fully powered to fight he always tries to save energy as much as possible even during his fights. Also it is one of the weakest fights cause he still didn't win. "
Of course Sentry could not beat a fully powered Galactus. I never said he could. I said we don’t know Galactus’s power level. He could have been nearly starved – we just don’t know. Which means you don’t know. You can only assume. So Galactus tries to save energy in his fights does he ? How about the times he fought Ego or the Sphinx, or many other threats. He did not hold back if his existence depended upon overcoming his foe and there was no escape. Also I have no doubt that he can sense the huge energy reserves in the Sentry and if defeated him he could tap in to these as he did with Hyperstorm. I said “High Evolutionary ultimately lost to Galactus if I remember correctly. Mr Fantastic (Mr Reed ?) won only through the threat of using the Ultimate Nullifier. Thor won using Asgardian Energy (now that was lame – I don’t think Thor has really used that energy again) in a travesty of writing. Thanos winning – I can forgive the writers that indiscretion. “ Your answers
"2.Since you wanna put fact facts its called his god force life force he used that. Last time i checked he used it on juggernaut while he was walking and also on the celestial to break open his armor so yeah your wrong yet again. So i called him mr.reed doesn't make a difference i did it this morning while rushing. Either way didn't they beat galactus and sentry still had a stand still?? So yeah his record is better then sentries. "
So the Asgardian Energy used in that particular encounter with Galactus is what he has also displayed in much later Thor comics, his Godly Life Force attack. Are you sure about that ? Seemed to be 2 very different visual and resultant effects there. As for calling him Mr Reed, try slowing down so that the answers are intelligible. I asked “ Which Marvel site ? I checked http://www.marvel.com/universe/Hyperion , checking the various entries that were not stubs and I could not see this information. For that matter there was no Hyperion for universe 616 identified. The current most well known Hyperion (from the Squadron Supreme) is from universe 712. Do you mean the villainous duplicate of the 712 Hyperion, created by the Grandmaster, to be amember of the Squadron Sinister ? If you do, the heroic Hyperion (from universe 712) beat him to death, so proving that this heroic version was more powerful than the villainous pseudo-organic duplicate.” You answered,
"3.Boy shows how much you know marvel.com isn't the only site for answers in marvel. Theres gotta be atleast five other sites then marvel you can use. Also the version of Hyperion i'm talking about is the one that helped nebulon or how about lost to gladiator or the one that lost to thor cause thor reversed the energy of hyperion and turned him to the size of and ant. Yeah that version. Also shuma gorath isn't from marvel yet hes counted as a marvel character so yeah i think hyperion would be to considering hes on the marvel site and the marvel encyclopedia. "
I asked which site you used. You still have not answered. So there are 5 other sites. I went to the official one. Still waiting for your answer though. Your answer shows that you are mixing up your Hyperions. The Hyperion who helped Nebulon is the evil duplicate (of hyperion 712) that the Grandmaster created. The one that fought Gladiator is the Hyperion from universe 712. Both versions have fought Thor but the one that Thor shrunk and imprisoned is the evil duplicate again. I never mentioned Shuma Gorath. Obviously you have mistaken the words “pseudo-organic” for Shuma Gorath. I’ll give you a moment to let that mistake to sink in……. Long enough ? OK. The evil duplicate Hyperion, who was created by the Grandmaster, was composed of a semi organic material that closely resembled living flesh, hence the wording. Go look them up in a dictionary. I asked “So if Herc can lift and throw a lizard weighing 66000 tonnes, should not a calm Hulk therefore be able to lift 50,000 tonnes ?” You answered,
"5.What??? that makes no sense at all. Just cause herc lifted 66,000 tons doesn't mean hulk lifts 50 tons. Considering the fact hulk is stronger and hasn't beaten herc for some odd reason in all of there fights. What does hulk lifting 50,000 tons how to do with anything thats completely off subject and old news"
You said that Hercules lifted and tossed a 66 thousand tonne lizard (oh and I agree with that weight estimation). I have put to you in the past that that a calm Hulk should be able to lift 50 thousand tonnes and you dismissed this as silly. That shows how inconsistent you are as suddenly a Marvel character quoted in the class 100 tonne range can lift over 60000 tonnes ? In your answer you again go back again to seemingly looking at the number 50000 and see 50. I am really baffled by this. Hercules is far stronger than a calm Hulk (and this is on thread as it talks about Hercules strength), so being able to lift and throw a 66000 tonne lizard (meaning that Herc can lift significantly more than 66000 tonnes) sounds quite reasonable considering the other feats Hercules has pulled off.
Post Edited:2008-03-12 07:58:36"

Zee, if you make statements like you did, you have to expect to be called on it.

I asked which site you used that stated that the Hyperion of Universe 616 was the strongest.

Please just post the site link.....

#32 Posted by Hulkbuster (59 posts) - - Show Bio

I know im a little late but here is my two cents on two of the strongest beings(excluding the galactus, living tribunal, etc) and the few people who are stronger then Herc. I place my bet on gladiator and Hulk. For the simple fact Hulk's power is virtually limitless due to the fact the angrier he gets the stronger so therefore in a fight he would only get stronger. Same basic concept with gladiator. If he believes he can do it, kallark can do it. He has flown through stars, punched planets and caused them to explode(although i doubt they were earth sized) and lifted the baxter building like it was nothing at all.

#33 Edited by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules is one of the strongest beings on Earth, he is stronger than Gladiator because Thor has beaten Gladiator and it is said that Thor and Hercules are equal but Herc is maybe stronger than Thor since he has never lost to the Hulk. Hercules and the Hulk are probably equal and I think Hulk can beat Hyperion so if Hulk or Thor can beat Hyperion or Gladiator why can't Hercules? Hercules is the god of strenght people, just because Hulk can increase his strenght due to emotional stress doesn't mean he can beat Hercules, if Hercules is the god of strenght he could probably increase his strenght at his own will and the reason its not listed in his powers is maybe because it is obvious.

#34 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
POHOCOM said:
"

In Marvel, characters generally do not often defy the rules of physics like DC characters do, so strength is displayed in other ways. Herc is probably among the top four strongest beings currently walking the Earth in Marvel. Only Juggernaut, Hulk, Thor and Sentry have a chance of possibly surpassing him in strength.

"

Not really, Juggernaut can't surpass him, Juggernaut can lift 90 tons.
#35 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

So any established number?

#36 Posted by Vance Astro (91220 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"POHOCOM said:
"

"

Not really, Juggernaut can't surpass him, Juggernaut can lift 90 tons."
Juggernaut can lift over 90 tons.
#37 Posted by Apparition (11349 posts) - - Show Bio
Hulkbuster said:
"

I know im a little late but here is my two cents on two of the strongest beings(excluding the galactus, living tribunal, etc) and the few people who are stronger then Herc. I place my bet on gladiator and Hulk. For the simple fact Hulk's power is virtually limitless due to the fact the angrier he gets the stronger so therefore in a fight he would only get stronger. Same basic concept with gladiator. If he believes he can do it, kallark can do it. He has flown through stars, punched planets and caused them to explode(although i doubt they were earth sized) and lifted the baxter building like it was nothing at all.

"

i'm not listening cause youre too late!

Theracles said:
"Hercules is one of the strongest beings on Earth, he is stronger than Gladiator because Thor has beaten Gladiator and it is said that Thor and Hercules are equal but Herc is maybe stronger than Thor since he has never lost to the Hulk. Hercules and the Hulk are probably equal and I think Hulk can beat Hyperion so if Hulk or Thor can beat Hyperion or Gladiator why can't Hercules? Hercules is the god of strenght people, just because Hulk can increase his strenght due to emotional stress doesn't mean he can beat Hercules, if Hercules is the god of strenght he could probably increase his strenght at his own will and the reason its not listed in his powers is maybe because it is obvious."

beating someone in a fight doesnt mean youre stronger than them.  so you cant judge it based on who wins or loses.

Theracles said:
"POHOCOM said:
"

"

Not really, Juggernaut can't surpass him, Juggernaut can lift 90 tons."

where exactly did you get that number?

Nighthunter said:
"So any established number?"

somewhere over 100 tons ;)
#38 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules is only second to an enraged Hulk in my opinion.  In strength anyway.

#39 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Alpha said:
"Hercules is only second to an enraged Hulk in my opinion.  In strength anyway."

Hercules is a match for an enraged Hulk, he is no match for WWH but if he is enraged enough maybe. How strong would Hercules be if he becomes as enrgaged as WWH?
#40 Posted by Alpha (7331 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Alpha said:
"Hercules is only second to an enraged Hulk in my opinion.  In strength anyway."

Hercules is a match for an enraged Hulk, he is no match for WWH but if he is enraged enough maybe. How strong would Hercules be if he becomes as enrgaged as WWH?"

Never known Herc to become stronger with rage. His strength level is what ever it is. He was never listed as having unlimited strength or even the potential of having it.
#41 Posted by capsvibranium (32 posts) - - Show Bio

i read this whole thread and was just laughing my ass off.  that was some spectacular debating : )  thoroughly entertaining. 

but basically i'm here because there was a thread before asking who was stronger, herc or hulk?  and there seems to be some legitimate debating.  this was surprising because i thought the answer was obvious.  unfortunately, that thread got locked so now i'm here because i must point some things out. 

50,000 tons for a calm hulk?  that's a total sham.  lets look back to the first secret wars, issue 4.  hulk lifts a 150 BILLION ton mountain, effectively saving the entire team of heroes on that make-shift planet.  but, here's the kicker:  keep in mind that during secret wars, that was during a segment of time when bruce banner was in control of the hulk.  his temper was greatly in check, and even though he gradually got more and more pissed off (and dumber) as that thing wore on, he was nowhere near as angry as we've seen him.  relatively, that was a very calm hulk.  150 billion tons.  run that through your mind a couple times.  

now let's fast forward to world war hulk.  if you read the series, you know what i mean when i say the world's eyes were opened to the potential of greenie.  herc throws a very heavy lizard?  yep.  herc holds together manhattan? (because of hulk by the way...)  yep.   impressive.  planet hulk on the other hand.... hulk literally holds together two TECTONIC PLATES on Sakaar.  Herc holds together a city.  Hulk holds together continents.  In the early days, yes it was a contest.  Heck, even the Thing could hold him to a standstill.  But if you just take even a brief look at what the hulk was physically done, not even what we imagine he could do, just on what he's done, and hercules is basically a fly on the wall. 

#42 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
capsvibranium said:
"

i read this whole thread and was just laughing my ass off.  that was some spectacular debating : )  thoroughly entertaining. 

but basically i'm here because there was a thread before asking who was stronger, herc or hulk?  and there seems to be some legitimate debating.  this was surprising because i thought the answer was obvious.  unfortunately, that thread got locked so now i'm here because i must point some things out. 

50,000 tons for a calm hulk?  that's a total sham.  lets look back to the first secret wars, issue 4.  hulk lifts a 150 BILLION ton mountain, effectively saving the entire team of heroes on that make-shift planet.  but, here's the kicker:  keep in mind that during secret wars, that was during a segment of time when bruce banner was in control of the hulk.  his temper was greatly in check, and even though he gradually got more and more pissed off (and dumber) as that thing wore on, he was nowhere near as angry as we've seen him.  relatively, that was a very calm hulk.  150 billion tons.  run that through your mind a couple times.  

now let's fast forward to world war hulk.  if you read the series, you know what i mean when i say the world's eyes were opened to the potential of greenie.  herc throws a very heavy lizard?  yep.  herc holds together manhattan? (because of hulk by the way...)  yep.   impressive.  planet hulk on the other hand.... hulk literally holds together two TECTONIC PLATES on Sakaar.  Herc holds together a city.  Hulk holds together continents.  In the early days, yes it was a contest.  Heck, even the Thing could hold him to a standstill.  But if you just take even a brief look at what the hulk was physically done, not even what we imagine he could do, just on what he's done, and hercules is basically a fly on the wall. 

"

Good points but some people would rather say, base strength goes to Herc, upper strength goes to Hulk.
#43 Posted by the creator (8576 posts) - - Show Bio
capsvibranium said:
"

"

Actually 50,000 tonnes seems quite reasonable for a calm Hulk when you look at many of his strength feats performed when he is calm.
Anyone can find examples which don't fit, but there appear to be more examples that do fit in with this figure.

As for holding up 150 billion tonnes - he did not actually lift this amount of weight.
The cover to the comic says this but the info in the comic say that he supports a fraction of this weight. - holding up the stone directly above the heroes.
Also he was being constantly needled by Mr Fantastic to keep him angry - his rage might not have been explosive but he was at 'boiling point'.
#44 Posted by capsvibranium (32 posts) - - Show Bio

the creator said:

"capsvibranium said:
"

"

Actually 50,000 tonnes seems quite reasonable for a calm Hulk when you look at many of his strength feats performed when he is calm.
Anyone can find examples which don't fit, but there appear to be more examples that do fit in with this figure.

As for holding up 150 billion tonnes - he did not actually lift this amount of weight.
The cover to the comic says this but the info in the comic say that he supports a fraction of this weight. - holding up the stone directly above the heroes.
Also he was being constantly needled by Mr Fantastic to keep him angry - his rage might not have been explosive but he was at 'boiling point'."

Good points. However, I'm still on a World War Hulk high and I never was even a big fan of the character.  If we're talking base strength, I'd agree whole-heartedly.  Hulk's been taken down by Cap for pete's sake.  But given the rage factor, I just find it a bit...hm...unarguable?  I mean, these debates are all based on theory, and theorectically speaking, the Hulk's strength is limitless, and I only gave the examples to support the notion.  As for Secret Wars, Mr. Fantastic was needling him to make him angry, yes.  But this still wasn't "puny humans" Hulk.  They were all working together, and even though he was pissed, it's always easy to tell when Hulk is really angry by how stupid he's being.  As for lifting it, you're right, he didn't lift it.  He held it.  But I own that series, and no where does it denote how much weight he had on his back.  There's a reason Hulk was chosen for Secret Wars, not Hercules...

#45 Posted by AssertingValor (5392 posts) - - Show Bio

He is the strongest being on Earth, he is the olympian God of Strength and no human or alien come to earth can be stronger than the god of strength himself.

#46 Posted by Villelater (1307 posts) - - Show Bio

let me get this figure this out...Hulk is being doubted of lifting 150 Billion tons but...Hercules is allowed to lift the Earth itself without Doubt? Right......

#47 Posted by Cezar_TheScribe (2614 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules's principal power is his superhuman strength. Hercules's strength is well in excess of the "Class 100" Level (able to lift/press in excess of 100 tons), making him, one of the strongest beings in the Marvel Universe. Hercules has highly developed leg muscles, although they do not match those of the Hulk. Hercules can make a standing high jump of at least 100 feet in Earth's gravity.

#48 Posted by Push (1552 posts) - - Show Bio
the creator said:
"

fesak says:

"POHOCOM says:
"fesak says:
Hyperion is much stronger, especially King Hyperion. I would put him as the second strongest in MU. (excluding celestials and such) It's said that Sentry fought Galactus to a standstill. King Hyperion killed the Galactus of his reality."

Both Sentry's fight and King Hyperions fight with Galactus occurred 'off screen' so we don't know how weak Galactus was at the time and the method used to overcome Galactus in either encounter.

What strength feats has King Hyperion performed that makes you belive that he is the second physically strongest 'hero' level being in the Marvel Universe ?

If Sentries efforts to stop a falling Hellicarrier represents his strength level, this would seem lower than Herc's.

"

To be faire, Sentry's is nothing more than heresay, Spidey simply saying that Sentry stralemated Galactus (Chinese Whispers, anybody) off panel,  I wouldn't even come close to calling that real let alone a feat, but that's just my opinion.
#49 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio
@Push:        Here are Marvel's Strongest Characters                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                             Hulk - he is Marvel's premiere strongman.  Potential unlimited.  Base strength lower than Hercules. 
 HERCULES  - God of Strength.  Though it's not official, he should be able to achieve any level of strength he desires as he desires.  God of Strength! 
Gladiator - Marvel's Mon-el.  Rips planets apart.  
Thor - Slightly below Hercules in baseline strength;  he lifts part of the midgard serpent - Herc lifts the entirety of the heavens themselves (and for a much longer time). 
Hyperion - Created as a Superman rip-off enemy of Thor but has never really been given his due (except maybe the King Hyperion version). Should be right behind Herc. 
Sentry - Power of a billion exploding suns.  Impressive.  Still, he's just another Superman rip-off and not even a very good one. 
Gilgamesh - Lame character overall but is the strongest by far of the Eternals and has shown strength nearly equal to Thor but still below Herc. 
Silver Surfer - By using every iota of his Power Cosmic to augment his strength he could bring himself up to the bottom of the upper echelon of  Marvel's strongest.

#50 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
"

He's pulled Manhattan while swimming...

"
I really want to see this. Does anybody have a scan?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.