Hercules' new costume

#1 Posted by Lion_Heart22 (444 posts) - - Show Bio

How are you liking Herc's new duds? I tried several times in the past to make redesigns of my own but I guess he always ended up looking like he was in 300. I think this new costume is a nice addition, a more superhero-esque look. It's also functional, since Herc is no longer protected by his godly powers (and he should get them back) he needs a bit more protection even from the elements.

However I don't think it has much staying power. Alas I do feel Hercules needs an update to his look but this may not be it. After all, his classic costume is really just based on Hercules films from old. What do you suggest for Herc's looks? Can he be visually updated the way Thor was?

Also why is there a G on his belt?

#2 Posted by LeeSensei (387 posts) - - Show Bio

@lion_heart22 said:

How are you liking Herc's new duds? I tried several times in the past to make redesigns of my own but I guess he always ended up looking like he was in 300. I think this new costume is a nice addition, a more superhero-esque look. It's also functional, since Herc is no longer protected by his godly powers (and he should get them back) he needs a bit more protection even from the elements.

However I don't think it has much staying power. Alas I do feel Hercules needs an update to his look but this may not be it. After all, his classic costume is really just based on Hercules films from old. What do you suggest for Herc's looks? Can he be visually updated the way Thor was?

Also why is there a G on his belt?

Old duds. He's back to classic.

Maybe he should look like he's from 300. He's from Ancient Greece after after all.

Breastplate (Gold), Gauntlet's (Gold), make the skirt a tunic or something similar (Green), Keep his classic sandals. keep his half helmet (gold), keep his Golden Mace, give him his Chaos war lion belt, and give him a green cape.

#3 Edited by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

This costume (from the "Herc" series) wasn't an improvement.

Though there are many variations of it, the classic Kirby design is still the best look for Hercules.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.