Hercules in Thor movie

#1 Posted by Thunder God (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Anyone think Herc should have a cameo in Thor? I think it would be cool.

#2 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

Ya it would be cool I like Herc better than Thor but they will not do it

#3 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

i would like to see it but i doubt it since got alot of tieing in to do with avengers people and asguardians as it is

#4 Posted by PowerHerc (83251 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love it!  They could introduce both Marvel characters to the general public, give us a big screen bout between these two mythological heavyweights and set both characters up for future movie appearances.  I won't hold my breath though.  Marvel has always made sure Herc plays second fiddle to Thor and I doubt they'll take a chance on one of their big-name, big-gun characters being upstaged in a major motion picture by a character they've never used properly.  Still, if done properly, Marvel Studios could introduce both characters and use them in a way that showcases each of their respective personalitites and abilities in comparison and contrast to one and other and give the audience two top-level powerhouses to look and root for in future flicks.  The name "Hercules" is definitely one of the most recognizable in western culture and is synonomous with strength and courage, so it wouldn't exactly be hard to show the viewers who he is; most would feel like they already know him!  One can always hope! But alas, tis probably not to be.
#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

The only way I could see this happening is some kind of brief cameo at the end or something maybe just a mention. Like some bearded shirtless guy in a skirt is fighting some monster at the end and Thor has to jump in and help. Or if Nick Fury tries recruiting him like he did in Iron Man but mentions that he's got a Greek demi-God on tap if Thor refuses but he'd rather have the God of Thunder.

#6 Posted by Victorian era Nighthunter (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Why settle with a cameo? Iron man is having Black Widow and War Machine in Iron man II why not have him on a similar role in Thor II or III maybe a team-up against Loki and Ares

#7 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Victorian era Nighthunter: Maybe in a sequel. Having a combination of Asgard and Midgard (Earth) is gonna be tough enough to make it believable but throwing Olympus in there too is gonna be tough. If the first movie is about Loki I'd like to see a second movie about Ares or Pluto joining with Loki to take out their enemies on Earth. Specially if Herc and Thor are both exiled from their homes.
#8 Posted by Thunder God (239 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC:
I'd like to see Ares but only if he's wearing his newer cooler look not that old one
 
#9 Posted by slap_nuts (99 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it would be BAD A$$!!
#10 Posted by darth_fletcher (262 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" I'd love it!  They could introduce both Marvel characters to the general public, give us a big screen bout between these two mythological heavyweights and set both characters up for future movie appearances.  I won't hold my breath though.  Marvel has always made sure Herc plays second fiddle to Thor and I doubt they'll take a chance on one of their big-name, big-gun characters being upstaged in a major motion picture by a character they've never used properly.  Still, if done properly, Marvel Studios could introduce both characters and use them in a way that showcases each of their respective personalitites and abilities in comparison and contrast to one and other and give the audience two top-level powerhouses to look and root for in future flicks.  The name "Hercules" is definitely one of the most recognizable in western culture and is synonomous with strength and courage, so it wouldn't exactly be hard to show the viewers who he is; most would feel like they already know him!  One can always hope! But alas, tis probably not to be. "
i agree that if done right it could be awesome, power battle at begining, friendship in the middle and warriors vs destoyer near the end !!!
#11 Posted by PowerHerc (83251 posts) - - Show Bio
@darth_fletcher:
Yea, verily!  I'm glad I'm not the only person who thinks this. 
#12 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7729 posts) - - Show Bio

A cameo. Or mentioned.

#13 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@BiteMe-Fanboy:
I'm thinking when Thor says he's Thor someone can at least say: "Oh yeah and I heard about a guy in New Jersey claiming to be Hercules." Maybe some grainy news footage.
#14 Posted by PowerHerc (83251 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
"@BiteMe-Fanboy: I'm thinking when Thor says he's Thor someone can at least say: "Oh yeah and I heard about a guy in New Jersey claiming to be Hercules." Maybe some grainy news footage. "

Hah!  Yeah, that'd be good.   
Why New Jersey though?
#15 Posted by virgin4life (428 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" @PrinceIMC said:
"@BiteMe-Fanboy: I'm thinking when Thor says he's Thor someone can at least say: "Oh yeah and I heard about a guy in New Jersey claiming to be Hercules." Maybe some grainy news footage. "
Hah!  Yeah, that'd be good.   Why New Jersey though? "
It's a Jersey thing....
 
#16 Posted by PowerHerc (83251 posts) - - Show Bio
@virgin4life:
LOL!
#17 Posted by vidarrodinson (137 posts) - - Show Bio

Hercules entered  the MU in Thor annual #1.  It's a good dream to see Herc on the silver screen.   I'd pay to see it in a New York minute.   Yeah, i am rhyming. 
#18 Posted by PowerHerc (83251 posts) - - Show Bio

@vidarrodinson said:

It's a good dream to see Herc on the silver screen. I'd pay to see it in a New York minute.

Yea, verily!

#19 Posted by CodeSaint (160 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
@BiteMe-Fanboy: I'm thinking when Thor says he's Thor someone can at least say: "Oh yeah and I heard about a guy in New Jersey claiming to be Hercules." Maybe some grainy news footage.
Yes like they spoken about Iron Man and Hulk in Thor without showing them.Or they could show Herc like they did with Hawkeye at least,but I would prefer to see him at the Avengers movie at the side of the other heroes.Herc recent rise in importance could make him have a movie of his own.
#20 Posted by PowerHerc (83251 posts) - - Show Bio

@codesaint said:

Herc recent rise in importance could make him have a movie of his own.

I love the sentiment of your statement and I'd like to see it done.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.