Hercules dead?

• 58 results
#1 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio

HERCULES: FALL OF AN AVENGER # 1
The Story: When the most beloved Olympian of all time falls, who will mourn him? Acclaimed INCREDIBLE HULK artist Ariel Olivetti joins writers Greg Pak and Fred Van Lente for a two-part mini-epic that marks the end of an era and the beginning of something utterly unexpected for Hercules, the Lion of Olympus. Bring your hankies -- and your golden adamantine maces -- as an all-star cast including Thor, Namor, Namora, Snowbird, Alflyse, Bruce Banner, and of course, Amadeus Cho send off the Son of Zeus with shocking tales, smash-tastic action, bawdy tomfoolery, and heart-rending drama that will change the course of Marvel's marvelous mythological milieu... forever! Plus: There are some missions that require a woman's touch- so the rest of the Agents of Atlas hang back and let Venus and Namora go out and show their stuff! Rated T …$3.99
So marvel is getting ready to kill Herc. This sucks, cause I had just gotten back into Herc(before Civil War, I just knew Hercules as a guest in Thor books.) Are they really killing off the Lion of Olympus? What do yall think?

#2 Posted by Kurrent (14067 posts) - - Show Bio

DONT KILL HERC!!!!!!!!

#3 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah the spoiler warning ain't working

#4 Posted by Dupe (1581 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kurrent said:
" DONT KILL HERC!!!!!!!! "
#5 Posted by Jake Malcom (3134 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dupe said:
" @Kurrent said:
"
#6 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Malcom said:
" @Dupe said:
" @Kurrent said:
"
"
#7 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio
@Jake Malcom said:
" @Dupe said:
" @Kurrent said:
"
"
#8 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Not sure HOW they can kill an immortal...

Hercules: Fall of an Avenger #1
#9 Posted by Dupe (1581 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: I certainly do not hope it's permanently, he's one of my favourite characters!
#10 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Dupe: I doubt it... he'll be back soon as a Black Lantern ;) 

Seriously though, I can't see how they can kill him.  At least, not permanently.  Technically, he's already been killed and liberated from the pain of mortality a few millennia ago.  Without meaning to quote Princess Mononoke: How do you kill a God? 

I can't see a situation that would mean the permanent death of Hercules.  Even Thor & the whole of Asgard appears to have been resurrected... so I'm sure Herc'll be fine (eventually).
#11 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

In that pic Namor is like "N$@% owed my 5 dollas"

#12 Posted by iLLituracy (13537 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I doubt they're going to spend as long as they did building Herc up just to kill him off permanently.

I wonder why they chose Namor to be a part of the cover, though...I was under the impression that he didn't even like Hercules for pushing up on his cousin/woman. Namora would have made more sense.

#13 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio

Too bad. I actually like Hercules. He is my favorite non-flying brick. 

#14 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont want him to die, but face it, no one stays dead in DC.

#15 Posted by biggkeem89 (1421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Citizen 14 said:
"I dont want him to die, but face it, no one stays dead in DC. "

I believe this is Marvel, man, but anyway, ur right anyway, no one stays dead. I still rather not see Herc die though.  
P.S. This was the first time I used the spoiler thing, so forgive me if it doesn't work.
#16 Posted by Citizen 14 (1236 posts) - - Show Bio
@biggkeem89 said:
" @Citizen 14 said:
"I dont want him to die, but face it, no one stays dead in DC. "
I believe this is Marvel, man, but anyway, ur right anyway, no one stays dead. I still rather not see Herc die though.  P.S. This was the first time I used the spoiler thing, so forgive me if it doesn't work. "
ha. yeah. thats what I meant. I was reading a DC book. My bad.
#17 Posted by Matezoide2 (15994 posts) - - Show Bio
@Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
" @Jake Malcom said:
" @Dupe said:
" @Kurrent said:
"
"
"
#18 Edited by Thunder God (239 posts) - - Show Bio

BUT HOW COULD THEY KILL HIM?!?!?! When it comes to strength and toughness he's on or beyond Hulk's level and as many of you said he's IMMORTAL!!!!!!!! Thor I could have beleaved because Asgardians aren't truly immortal but Herc is!!!

#19 Posted by joshmightbe (24876 posts) - - Show Bio

marvel rule #1 nobody stays dead

#20 Posted by Thunder God (239 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe:
Oh I know he'll come back but I'm just wondering how they expect to kill him and make it beleavable
#21 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

They have been building for this in the last couple of issue so it really ain't that much of a surprise. That said, Hercules came back from the dead just visited his uncle Hades on his realm two arcs ago, this will be followed in another arc. I'm almost sure of it.

Hercules is one of my favorite characters, no way I'm accepting his death. 

Oh btw.....why make it a two-part miniseries if it has the exact same creative team, the same number of pages, the usual agents of atlas backup, the exact same price and they are putting the ongoing on hiatus for the miniseries instead of giving us twice the fun for those months. Put it in the ongoing for god's sake

#22 Posted by PowerHerc (82628 posts) - - Show Bio
@Thunder God:
I agree completely!  Hercules shouldn't be getting killed/dieing, especially now that Marvel has finally started to do the character justice.  It better be just another stunt, and as such temporary.  Herc's one of the mightiest characters in all of comics and Marvel's version of him is easily the best.  Offing him would be a pretty stupid thing to do, but we can't control what the creators over there do.  I do want them to know how much they risk alienating their long-time fanbase by continually killing off their oldest, best and most recognizable characters (i.e. Cap, Thor, Pheonix. etc.).  Who knows, maybe they bring him back right away?  But at $3.99 a pop for a new comic, killing off my favorite character would definately have a negative impact on my buying practices for the rest of their titles and if they wait as long as they did for Bucky to bring him back I probably won't even be around to see it.  Hey, just don't kill him, alright?  He's a Jack and Stan original take on the character of ancient myth, he's supposed to be immortal and thus immune to death and  (except for the Hulk) the strongest character in the MU. . . we the fans deserve to have him around and he deserves to continue bestowing "the Gift of battle" on those both worthy and deserving of it.  Long live Hercules!!!    

#23 Edited by Thunder God (239 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:
Yeah I'm 80% close to switching to nothing but DC! I'd still read Thor but if they keep messing up/killing off my fav characters  to DC I go!!!
#24 Posted by Danimal2000 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

Im sure its marketing of some kind because i read that Hercules is going to play a large role in the 'Fall of the Hulks' event and i would have to imagine him having to play a role in 'Siege' as well

#25 Posted by Erik (32047 posts) - - Show Bio

They would go and kill my second favorite brick. 

#26 Posted by King Saturn (223972 posts) - - Show Bio
how in the hell can they kill Hercules ?
#27 Posted by hunter4prezadent (95 posts) - - Show Bio

Marvel has a simple rule about death, only the Wasp(female) can stay true dead.

#28 Posted by Bobby X (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not to worried, I don't think they CAN kill him. He's probably just going to be extremely BFRed by Hera or something. He'll just go away for a little while the spotlight is on Cho. Then he'll drop in and save the day once Amdeus has bitten off more than he can chew. I trust in Pak and La Vente, they have been nothing short of stellar on this book.
#29 Posted by Omega-level Supreme (1159 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"@Dupe: I doubt it... he'll be back soon as a Black Lantern ;)  Seriously though, I can't see how they can kill him.  At least, not permanently.  Technically, he's already been killed and liberated from the pain of mortality a few millennia ago.  Without meaning to quote Princess Mononoke: How do you kill a God?  I can't see a situation that would mean the permanent death of Hercules.  Even Thor & the whole of Asgard appears to have been resurrected... so I'm sure Herc'll be fine (eventually). "

Nice quote, right after she said that she showed us how to kill a god. LOL.                                                    %Pr
#30 Posted by AngeTheDude (157 posts) - - Show Bio

Dammit, now he's dead. I wonder how they'll handle this?

#31 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio

#32 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio

Could just be a plot hole or a behind-the-scenes thing, but did anyone notice that Thanatos left once he had claimed the souls of Zeus and Hera, and didn't (seem to) show up again afterwards when Herc "died"? Maybe a potential backdoor for a return there.

#33 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~: 
no. Thanatos so much as said he only came there for Hera and Zeus only, 
and for "no lesser" souls would he have in person (an intentional snub
on Herc). the backdoor is we didnt actually see Herc die nor Hercs body, 
just his mace, Athena who is a constant liar to say what happened. by the looks 
of it he was teleported into what was completed of Continuum and the entrance
sealed by Athena.
#34 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34405 posts) - - Show Bio
@CATMANEXE said:
" @~The Wanderer~:  no. Thanatos so much as said he only came there for Hera and Zeus only,  and for "no lesser" souls would he have in person (an intentional snub on Herc). the backdoor is we didnt actually see Herc die nor Hercs body,  just his mace, Athena who is a constant liar to say what happened. by the looks  of it he was teleported into what was completed of Continuum and the entrance sealed by Athena. "
Dammit, somehow I missed that line x[
#35 Edited by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by OhTru (1583 posts) - - Show Bio
@Son_of_Magnus said:

" In that pic Namor is like "N$@% owed my 5 dollas" "

Namor = Scum

@King Saturn said:

" how in the hell can they kill Hercules ? "

Greg Pak, Parker and Fred van Lente are great writers but they must follow orders from the top
It's a trend set by JoeQ and Bendis, 
none of it has to make sense

#37 Posted by HaloKing343 (1252 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get it. Why are they killing everybody?
#38 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio
@OhTru:  Namor is ten times the man you will ever be and he is fictional
#39 Posted by CATMANEXE (17052 posts) - - Show Bio
@OhTru: 
things sometimes don't make sense to those incapable of understanding them, much 
less reading them in the first place to try.
#40 Posted by gui22 (383 posts) - - Show Bio

They will but Amadeus Cho will replace him.

#41 Posted by gui22 (383 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc is immortal in the sense where he doesn´t age!He can be killed!

#42 Posted by Walker696 (984 posts) - - Show Bio
@joshmightbe: you forgot the exception, Uncle Ben will always be dead (poor Peter)

but yea I'm late being a Herc fan but I still feel the pain of his long time fans, I still have the Thor book where the two of them with to town on each other. I have respect for the man, he is a true warrior and if marvel thinks that killing olympian(s) is cool then I got two words for them................S**K It
#43 Posted by PowerHerc (82628 posts) - - Show Bio
@erik:
Who's your favorite brick?
#44 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

I was getting to know the character and he quickly became one of my favs... does anyone have pictures from the comic?
#45 Edited by D3athstroke (3910 posts) - - Show Bio

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

#46 Posted by D3athstroke (3910 posts) - - Show Bio

#47 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
#48 Posted by D3athstroke (3910 posts) - - Show Bio

But there are other SkyFathers Like Pluto or Poseidon 

#49 Posted by Assman (1836 posts) - - Show Bio
@D3athstroke said:
"

"

What is that from?
#50 Posted by D3athstroke (3910 posts) - - Show Bio
@Assman said:
" @D3athstroke said:
"

"
What is that from? "
Siege ~ Secret Warriors

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.