Herc vs. Kingpin

#1 Posted by RedAce83 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know...for some reason I would totally like to see Hercules in a one-shot series involving a conflict with the Kingpin...anyone else?

#2 Edited by Thunder God (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Art thou jesting? Hercules would smite Kingpin.

#3 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Thunder God said:
"

Art thou jesting? Hercules would smite Kingpin.

"

RRRRRRRRRUUUUUUUUUUUNNNNNNNNNNNN! The Gods have returned!
#4 Posted by Mr. Punisher (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc all the way

#5 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
RedAce83 said:
"

I don't know...for some reason I would totally like to see Hercules in a one-shot series involving a conflict with the Kingpin...anyone else?

"
Is this even a real threat tp Hercules, Hercules wins one hit without even breaking a sweat. A punch from Hercules should be able to kill the Kingpin.
#6 Posted by lordraiden (7420 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"RedAce83 said:
"

"
Is this even a real threat tp Hercules, Hercules wins one hit without even breaking a sweat. A punch from Hercules should be able to kill the Kingpin."

Ah, yeah! shouldn't this be in the battles thread also? Cho would have been a better match up :-)
#7 Posted by The_Martian (36984 posts) - - Show Bio
lordraiden said:
"
Ah, yeah! shouldn't this be in the battles thread also? Cho would have been a better match up :-)"
He's not really asking who would win. He is asking if anybody would like to see them in a one shot.
#8 Posted by lordraiden (7420 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"lordraiden said:
"
Ah, yeah! shouldn't this be in the battles thread also? Cho would have been a better match up :-)"
He's not really asking who would win. He is asking if anybody would like to see them in a one shot."

ah, my bad!
#9 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Nobody said:
"lordraiden said:
"
He's not really asking who would win. He is asking if anybody would like to see them in a one shot."
I posted that Herc would kill him with one punch so who would want to see a comic fight end in one panel?
#10 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio
Theracles said:
"Nobody said:
"lordraiden said:
"
I posted that Herc would kill him with one punch so who would want to see a comic fight end in one panel?"
It's not a fight. Kingpin rarely ever fights superheroes that he goes against. He would have to develop some reason to harass him, or maybe he could kidnap someone important to Herc and make Herc work for him or else said person would meet some unfortunate end.

Personally I think Kingpin isn't quite right for Herc, but it could be done.
#11 Posted by Theracles (1366 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Theracles said:
"Nobody said:
"lordraiden said:
"
I posted that Herc would kill him with one punch so who would want to see a comic fight end in one panel?"
It's not a fight. Kingpin rarely ever fights superheroes that he goes against. He would have to develop some reason to harass him, or maybe he could kidnap someone important to Herc and make Herc work for him or else said person would meet some unfortunate end.

Personally I think Kingpin isn't quite right for Herc, but it could be done."

Knowing Hercules you should know that he would eventually want to fight the Kingpin. I agree that he isn't right for Herc, he just doesn't seem like a Herc villian and such.
#12 Posted by RedAce83 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, knowing how crafty and slimy ol' Wilson Fisk could be, he could figure out a way to take Herc's energy and Olympian strength away from the Greek God. Yeah, at first glance, the Kingpin might not be a suitable villain against Hercules (an organized crime figure vs a god?). But, I say it could be worked out somehow. Hell, they had the Ghost Rider fight Kingpin, and I don't think he was a suitable villain for a motorcycle-riding demon. It happened, though, didn't it?

#13 Posted by lordraiden (7420 posts) - - Show Bio
Slinger said:
"Theracles said:
"Nobody said:
"lordraiden said:
"

Personally I think Kingpin isn't quite right for Herc, but it could be done."

Well, lets see, he's fought Spiderman, Daredevil, Red Skull, Cap America! Anyone else?
#14 Posted by RedAce83 (48 posts) - - Show Bio

Now that I think about it, a Herc/Kingpin confrontation would have been good as a one-shot issue during the "Acts of Vengeance" storyline from back in the day. If Hercules had a series going during that crossover arc's run, I think it would have been interesting that Fisk decided to sic his best assassins (i.e. Bullseye, Typhoid Mary, and Nuke) against the god in the first part, and in the second, Kingpin tries his hand in duking out with Herc himself. Of course, the Prince of Power would ultimately wipe the floor clean of the Kingpin at the end.

#15 Posted by claws (5060 posts) - - Show Bio

kingpin from daredevil? if so he gets curbstomp or worse

#16 Posted by Kurrent (14070 posts) - - Show Bio

Kingpin doesn't stand a chance

#17 Posted by jlavengerx77 (200 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see kingpin to get his butt kicked by herc
#18 Posted by darkningdawn (76 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see them stop passing off Kingpin as a physical match for Spiderman,I find it absurd everytime this bulky non-super powered guy is able to fight Spiderman with his fists just because he's supposedely mostly muscle,considering Spiderman is alot stronger,alot faster,has his spider sense,and while not an expert fighter is still a genius in his own right.
#19 Posted by PowerHerc (85102 posts) - - Show Bio

I suppose they could do this story, but I'd never want it to happen.  Leave the Kingpin for the street-level heroes and let Herc fight the strongest and most powerful villians as befits him. He's the Prince of Power.  He's Marvel's second strongest character (behind only a very, very angry Hulk), so having him match-up with the Kingpin physically is ridiculous.  Even having Kingpin take on Herc using proxies is far-fetched.  I mean, what would be the reason Kingpin would want to take out Herc?  Is Herc interfering in his business?  Herc as a street-level 
hero doesn't fit in the modern age.  Maybe in ancient Greece or Rome, but not now.  I know they could come up with some bullshit to print though.  Hell, it might even turn out to be quite entertaining.  I just hope they never do this one.

#20 Posted by jack128875 (234 posts) - - Show Bio

Herc takes Kingpin. but kingpin would put up a fight.

#21 Posted by PowerHerc (85102 posts) - - Show Bio
@jack128875:
Not much of one, though.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.