Any interesting speed feats for Hercules?

#1 Edited by Wolfrazer (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

I know that Hercules is all about strength, it being his main power though. But I wouldn't want to neglect his other powers...or if you could call them that, its said that due to his stamina he does have superhuman agility/speed/reaction time. So am wondering, if theres any feats showcasing that at all?

#2 Posted by Wolfrazer (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump! Anything at all? Catching anything/anyone? Dodging? I mean, I would assume at some point its shown that he has moved rather quickly.

#3 Edited by evilvegeta74 (4530 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Wolfrazer (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
@evilvegeta74:  Ya I know, just didn't wanna bother him wanted to see if anyone else knew.
#5 Edited by Wolfrazer (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, by the power of Grayskull! I summon thee!! @PowerHerc 

#6 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

Alright, by the power of Grayskull! I summon thee!! @PowerHerc

I've read and re-read nearly every appearance of Hercules from his earliest exploits in "Thor" and "The Avengers" through his time in "The Champions", Bob Layton's various mini's, his stints in the Avengers during the 80's & 90's, his newest mini's, his latest Avengers exploits and also his own recent series' but nowhere within any of these comics/stories have I found any speed feats for Hercules. He has fought Quicksilver and several Heralds of Galactus (all of whom outclassed him in speed) but still nothing.

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe has stated that Hercules, like all Olympian Gods, super-human speed and even rated his speed-level at a peak range of 111 to 115 miles per hour.

#7 Posted by Wolfrazer (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

@Wolfrazer said:

I've read and re-read nearly every appearance of Hercules from his earliest exploits in "Thor" and "The Avengers" through his time in "The Champions", Bob Layton's various mini's, his stints in the Avengers during the 80's & 90's, his newest mini's, his latest Avengers exploits and also his own recent series' but nowhere within any of these comics/stories have I found any speed feats for Hercules. He has fought Quicksilver and several Heralds of Galactus (all of whom outclassed him in speed) but still nothing.

The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe has stated that Hercules, like all Olympian Gods, super-human speed and even rated his speed-level at a peak range of 111 to 115 miles per hour.

Hmm...alright well dang. Oh well just wondered if there was anything at all, but at least its been calculated at where his speed is...does that also include reaction time?
#8 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer said:

@PowerHerc said:

@Wolfrazer said:

Hmm...alright well dang. Oh well just wondered if there was anything at all, but at least its been calculated at where his speed is...does that also include reaction time?

Herc's level of speed has been calculated regarding running speed. His reaction time was rated as super-human, too, which is defined as "virtually instantaneous."

Here's Hercules' sheet (front and back) from "The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe: Master Edition" from around 1991 or 1992.

And here's a sheet defining each power and level:

I know it's over twenty years old at this point but it's the most comprehensive job Marvel has done of defining powers and the various levels thereof.

#9 Posted by ThanoStomp (793 posts) - - Show Bio

Sure.

#10 Posted by Wolfrazer (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc:  I feel as if his durability should be greater then metahuman....but then again, you said it was over 20 years old so that may have changed cause that seems a little odd.
#11 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: I agree.

Herc's durability should be at least Demi-godlike though I'd rather it be Demi-godlike regenerative.

#12 Posted by Wolfrazer (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
 @PowerHerc:  Ya...oh well who knows, when Marvel decides to re-power him. (Which they should have done already) They may do that.

@ThanoStomp:  Thanks Thanos.
#13 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanoStomp: Nice.

I shoulda thought of that one! :)

#14 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: They might, though I doubt they'll put it down in writing like they did in the OHOTMU Master Edition.

#15 Posted by AssertingValor (5396 posts) - - Show Bio

110-115mph sounds right for Herc

#16 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordMaverick said:

110-115mph sounds right for Herc

Now Marvel just needs to show him doing it.

#17 Edited by ThanoStomp (793 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: @PowerHerc:

The funny part is that the most "super" thing in that whole panel is the strength of the cape!!! How it doesn't snap or tear is beyond superhuman.... I betcha that cape has the strength to beat Odin's spell and lift Mjolnir.

#18 Posted by Wolfrazer (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
@ThanoStomp said:

@Wolfrazer: @PowerHerc:

The funny part is that the most "super" thing in that whole panel is the strength of the cape!!! How it doesn't snap or tear is beyond superhuman.... I betcha that cape has the strength to beat Odin's spell and lift Mjolnir.

The cape clearly has plot armor!
#19 Posted by PowerHerc (85113 posts) - - Show Bio

@ThanoStomp:

Good point. Sentry's cape is one of the most durable/unbreakable/untearable things in the MU. Lol.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.