Helspont and the DCU

Posted by Saren (25618 posts) - - Show Bio

There was a piece of dialogue in Superman #7 that caught my eye:

Noted two things: Helspont knows the Guardians enough to dislike them, suggesting that Daemonites have had run-ins with Lanterns in the past. And the part about "twin worlds, the dark and the light in perpetual conflict" is an obvious reference to Apokolips and New Genesis, suggesting that there might be some Darkseid/Helspont action somewhere down the line?

#1 Posted by Morpheus_ (29873 posts) - - Show Bio

I liked that line about what I presumed to be Apokolips, too. I just hope this isn't akin to Deathstroke/Midnighter and is simply forgotten later.

#2 Posted by TheOptimist (713 posts) - - Show Bio

Considering how involved the Daemonites are in the current New 52, and Helspont's significant role among that faction, I doubt that it'll be forgotten... I figure it'll actually be the front and center of a lead-in piece to the "big" action to come...

The web of connectivity that was passed around not to long ago made the point pretty well already... but I'll look at later seeing which titles have had any form of exposure to the daemonite concept... there are quite a few, more than you'd expect.

#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully Helspont will stay as a Superman villain.

#4 Posted by entropy_aegis (15247 posts) - - Show Bio

Helspont vs Darkseid? oh yes but Darkseid should win...should'nt he?

#5 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Helspont is a quality opponent, which is exactly what Supes needs more of.

#6 Posted by Dex_Starr (4772 posts) - - Show Bio

That would be siiiiiccccckkkkk

#7 Posted by BlackArmor (6137 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85 said:

QFT

#8 Posted by Illuminatus (9504 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:

F*ck yes.
#9 Posted by jobbernos (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@Primmaster64: @Illuminatus: @BlackArmor: @jrock85: i think helspont should be a jl villain instead cause if he was to become a superman villain then he would eventually be beaten by superman and that would bring helspont's tier ranking down (just like what happened with darkseid) from smacking around mr maj (who would own superman) to losing to superman.

#10 Posted by JohnReese (15 posts) - - Show Bio

Helpsont flicked Superman away like he was nothing in the Superman Annual so I doubt that his power levels will get lower.There is a story building up with Starfire,Grifter,MM,Hawkman and Superman sort of uniting to face this guy.

#11 Posted by AllStarSuperman (21752 posts) - - Show Bio

Sucks that Helspont hasn't barely been seen since

#12 Posted by Superguy1591 (3292 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, Helspont came and left with just one showing... as impressive as it was.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.