Follow

Helspont

Character » Helspont appears in 105 issues.

One of the most powerful Daemonites in existence thanks to the Acuran body that he stole. He is leader of the Cabal and an enemy of the WildC.A.T.s as well as Mr. Majestic. In the New 52 he is encountered by Superman and the Outlaws as a very powerful Daemonite Overlord.

Helspont and the Daemonites

Avatar image for buckshotwashere
    BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 51

Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

I wrote this in December of last year:

I like that the Daemonites are in more than just the Wildstorm-remnant books. With the solicits for Superman and Voodoo and Grifter intersecting with other DC characters, the impact of the Daemonites is spreading into the meat of the DCU. It seems like they're developing as a major force and I'm liking that it seems to be happening naturally, enough so that they're important in other books, but not so big that it's forced or unbearable. One thing I hope though is that when the Daemonites fail at their invasion, they don't disappear. I want them to remain as a recurring enemy. Not for the entire DCU, but they should still be around.

Looks like the Daemonite story that's been building since then might turn out to be everything I had hoped, and maybe more. The Superman Annual connected the Daemonites to a few other books/characters, dropped the background for Helspont's plan, established him as the realest alien around, and left Superman realizing exactly how small he is and how big the Daemonite threat is. I'm so excited. Still haven't seen a single Kheran (obviously I'm hoping they swoop in as saviors with Majestic leading the charge), save Zealot, but I'm loving how everything is turning out. And while I'm definitely excited about Wildstorm characters/ideas being treated well and given significance, I'm also just excited about the story itself. I like the idea that there has been a Daemonite presence in multiple books and it's leading to something big, but it was kind of just happening. Maybe this will change when this battle kicks into high gear, but for now it's just part of the universe, not an event or anything. I like it. Actually, it's exactly what I had in mind for Stormwatch but I didn't even realize it was already happening.

And just because I really liked it...

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for king_anti_monitor
    King_Anti_Monitor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By King_Anti_Monitor

Backhand is cool!!!

Avatar image for guardiandevil83
    Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Guardiandevil83

Yeea!! my Dawg Helspont is a beast!!

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#3  Edited By Lvenger

@Buckshot: Story was quite jumbled and dialogue was very iffy. However at least Helspont is getting his just desserts as a worthy villain for Superman. That backhand was awesome.

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@Lvenger: I'm not sure I can see where you're coming from. Maybe I can see how you could call the story jumbled since it goes from the past to the present and Helspont's lieutenants doing their recruiting has them in lots of different places, but I don't think it was. Was it confusing at some point? And I have no point of reference for the comment on the dialogue, but maybe that's because I've been reading Stormwatch and it's killing my brain.

Ruvik_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By Ruvik_

That was bad ass.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SandMan_

For some reason...I think Mr. Majestic might be Superman's ancestor in this Universe...

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#7  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

respect the pimp hand 

BuckshotWasHere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BuckshotWasHere  Moderator

@SandMan_ said:

For some reason...I think Mr. Majestic might be Superman's ancestor in this Universe...

Y'know, that thought came to my mind after reading as well. I would rather than not be the case, I'd rather Majestic come and save the day (or at least be a part of the force that does), but you never know. I guess it wouldn't be a great moment for the known super heroes to have a completely new set of characters come in and save them, but I can hope. Another thought that passed my mind at some point (not related to this comic) was that maybe the Kherans and the New Gods were connected somehow, but that's just me trying to manifest Majestic anyway I can.

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By SandMan_
    @Buckshot said:

@SandMan_ said:

Y'know, that thought came to my mind after reading as well. I would rather than not be the case, I'd rather Majestic come and save the day (or at least be a part of the force that does), but you never know. I guess it wouldn't be a great moment for the known super heroes to have a completely new set of characters come in and save them, but I can hope. Another thought that passed my mind at some point (not related to this comic) was that maybe the Kherans and the New Gods were connected somehow, but that's just me trying to manifest Majestic anyway I can.

He is already there in Superman ;)
    Avatar image for deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0
    deactivated-5c1d15b8899b0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@SandMan_: That would be great!!

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope Majestic does not get reduced to another Captain Marvel.  Superman does not need to be the strongest hero.  I hope Majestic can go toe to toe with this version of Helspont.   I also hope Mr. Majestic is not that dead kryptonian Helspont killed, like some sick twist where they are kryptonian offshoots (Daximites anyone).  Last but not least I hope Jor-El didn't escape to become Mr. Majestic and then die. .. okay, I'm out of bad ideas I'm hoping against.  
    TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By TDK_1997

The Superman Annual wasn't very interesting to me and I didn't think that it was build-up that well but I loved the backhand.

7DEADPOOL7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By 7DEADPOOL7

Im excited for what the daemonites will do next.

Superlad93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Superlad93

@drgnx: @drgnx said:

Last but not least I hope Jor-El didn't escape to become Mr. Majestic and then die. .. okay, I'm out of bad ideas I'm hoping against.

This is soooo unlikely. Jor-el is basically the same guy he has always been but with an adventurous twist to him now. He shot down one of the Collector drones that was possessing a krytonian at an award ceremony and before all of that he repelled a force that was thought to be (and still thought to be) impossible to stop, the multitude. Superman will have to face them next, and he takes pride knowing that only his father was able to do the impossible in the whole universe. Then we have the Helspont thing.

I'll take Jor-el just as he is. He did all of that with out Superpowers (remember Helspont said he only met Jor-el NOT fought). Jor-el the Superman of krypton.

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Superlad93:

Yeah I was joking ... lol

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.