Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1276 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

X-Force 13 appearance- bad news?

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By k2

Hi,

According to this website--->  http://www.webuploads.co.uk/xforce/extras.htm

" Title: Prelude To War
    Issue No: 13
    Issue Rating:Parental Advisory
    Sale Date: March 18, 2009
    Writer: Chris Yost & Craig Kyle
    Artist: Clayton Crain
    This Issue:
    The Leper Queen is creating weapons out of mutants, and using them against humanity to stir the fires of hate against mutants. But as X-Force tracks her down, they don’t realize how close to home she’s struck. Cyclops prepares to send X-Force on the mission of their lives... whether they like it or not. Do not miss this ending, leading directly into Messiah War"

It's been confirmed by Chris Yost that Hellion is appearing in this issue. Oh noes. I think I see what might be coming :( 

Really hope they don't screw him up too much.

Wildstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Wildstar

Screw him up for all I care. Just let Archangel kill him in the end. lol

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By John Valentine
    k2 said:
    "Hi,

According to this website--->  http://www.webuploads.co.uk/xforce/extras.htm

" Title: Prelude To War
    Issue No: 13
    Issue Rating:Parental Advisory
    Sale Date: March 18, 2009
    Writer: Chris Yost & Craig Kyle
    Artist: Clayton Crain
    This Issue:
    The Leper Queen is creating weapons out of mutants, and using them against humanity to stir the fires of hate against mutants. But as X-Force tracks her down, they don’t realize how close to home she’s struck. Cyclops prepares to send X-Force on the mission of their lives... whether they like it or not. Do not miss this ending, leading directly into Messiah War"

It's been confirmed by Chris Yost that Hellion is appearing in this issue. Oh noes. I think I see what might be coming :( 

Really hope they don't screw him up too much."
    Hmmmmmmmmm....................
    Kyle and Yost put so much time into developing Hellion: I cannot see why they would want to kill him off. Plus, he's aleady nearly died before so it's not exactly new.
    In addition, X-Force have Elixir on the team, ressurection or the healing of grave injuries is entirely possible.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By pixelized

he couldn't save DJ

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized said:
    "he couldn't save DJ"

The was before he got Beast's knowledge, and before he'd done anything really useful with his powers: saving laura twice, killing Stryker, giving Prodigy a new heart, killing Belasco, creating a tumour in Vanisher's brain, isolating heroin from Wolfsbane's cells, healing himself and Angel from near fatal injuries.....
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By John Valentine
    John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    "he couldn't save DJ"

The was before he got Beast's knowledge, and before he'd done anything really useful with his powers: saving laura twice, killing Stryker, giving Prodigy a new heart, killing Belasco, creating a tumour in Vanisher's brain, isolating heroin from Wolfsbane's cells, healing himself and Angel from near fatal injuries....."
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By k2

Yeah, they can handle physical injuries. But that doesn't cover traumatic experiences. For example: what happened to Rahne--she's not going to get over that too easily. While I want to see stories and action, I don't want to see them turn Hellion into a headcase or something. And there's no guarantee he wouldn't be killed off, even with a healer. It would be just like them to kill off a character they spent time developing, for impact. And to add a little more misery to X-23's life, lol.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By John Valentine
    k2 said:
    "Yeah, they can handle physical injuries. But that doesn't cover traumatic experiences. For example: what happened to Rahne--she's not going to get over that too easily. While I want to see stories and action, I don't want to see them turn Hellion into a headcase or something. And there's no guarantee he wouldn't be killed off, even with a healer. It would be just like them to kill off a character they spent time developing, for impact. And to add a little more misery to X-23's life, lol."
    But K & Y love him!
    Turn him into a headcase? Hellion is insanely arrogant, and a strong, natural-born leader.
    Mentally, it would take a lot to break him down: he's lived through his friends being killed, his family disowning him, Mercury being kidnapped, his friends getting trapped in Limbo and fighting hordes of demons, almost dying, the X-Men abandoning him, and Magneto rebuking him.
    I'm not saying that it's impossible, just highly unlikely.

Besides, Rahne was liable to collapse: she was constantly tormented by the thought of her going feral, she was a subject of child abuse, and Moira, her maternal figure, died of the Legacy virus. On top of that she endured Purifier torture and brain washing under the hands of her Father, a man she loved but, who had previously abused her.
    She also ripped off Angels, wings nearly killing, wounded Josh, and mauled her father to death, even eating him.

They can find another character who they haven't spent as much time in developing, and kill them off for an even bigger effect: for example Loa. Hellion's arrogance and elitist demeanor would detract from the sense of sympathy which one would feel concerning his death. On the contrary, Loa's innocence would be seized by such an abrupt death.
    And as I already stated, he has almost died before.

Throughout the current series of X-Force, X-23 has been shown to be cold and ruthless. If she was capable of truly loving Julian, why didn't she hunt him down? Why didn't she do something which is completely within her power and find him? He doesn't need to join X-Force with her for only that. Sure, she kiled Lady Deathstrike because she wounded Julian, but one could view her feelings for Julian as nothing more than a hormonal confusion. Afterall, Hellion was one of the first people to ever show her remote affection, and she's still a teenage girl. Now, I'm not saying that Julian means nothing to her, he obviously does, but I think that their love could be easily broken, how ever much one, such as myself, might have liked it.

I could see Cyclops conscripting Hellion for X-Force. Afterall, Emma, the woman who he held in such admiration, the woman to whom he was a supposed prized student, was the one to formally abandon him in his hospital bed. Out of rage and lack of direction in his life, I could see him easily accepting an offer to join X-Force.
    talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#9  Edited By talon_x23

I would not want them to kill Hellion butI think I know where this could be going he could be on of  the mutant Weapons but I just would not like X23 to kill him. but what if he joins X Force?????? I mean coud that happen and if he does do you think that they could make a relationship out of all this with X23???? I just hope they do not screw this up Pleas!!!!

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k2

I think that X-23 does care about him quite deeply, she just doesn't know how to show it. I actually think the whole reason she joined X-force and turned her back on trying to be a normal girl was to protect her
    friends--Hellion in particular (or to avenge him, thinking he was dead if she didn't know he was alive). Not because she's just a cold-blooded killer. Remember how shocked and angry Logan was when she
    joined? She even stood up to him to do it--ignored his anger. I don't believe she'd do that if she was just in it for the killing, or going with the flow. She had a reason. xD

And yes, I could see Hellion on X-force. I always thought he'd make an awesome assassin with TK (and training). I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully nothing too drastic...the issue description just
    makes me a little uneasy after seeing how they handled the end of New X-men Childhood's End.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By John Valentine

I like the idea of Hellion and X-23 a lot, it's just that I wouldn't blame them for not carrying the relationship on, given the current status quo.
    She'd already avenged Hellion when she killed Deathstrike in Messiah Complex, to say that she is doing this for Hellion is ridiculous, especially when his name hasn't been mentioned in 10 issues of the title: she's doing it because that is what she feels most comfortable doing, it's what she is most familiar with, and it's what she is best at.

On the other hand, Hellion is arrogant, brash, hastly and somewhat careless: a role in X-Force might not be ideal. A role in a better version of Uncanny X-Men might be more appropriate.
    On that topic, I hope Kyle and Yost eventually get to write Uncanny (and X-Force at the same time :P).

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#12  Edited By talon_x23
    k2 said:
    "I think that X-23 does care about him quite deeply, she just doesn't know how to show it. I actually think the whole reason she joined X-force and turned her back on trying to be a normal girl was to protect her
    friends--Hellion in particular (or to avenge him, thinking he was dead if she didn't know he was alive). Not because she's just a cold-blooded killer. Remember how shocked and angry Logan was when she
    joined? She even stood up to him to do it--ignored his anger. I don't believe she'd do that if she was just in it for the killing, or going with the flow. She had a reason. xD

And yes, I could see Hellion on X-force. I always thought he'd make an awesome assassin with TK (and training). I guess we'll see what happens. Hopefully nothing too drastic...the issue description just
    makes me a little uneasy after seeing how they handled the end of New X-men Childhood's End."

Mr. Wilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#13  Edited By Mr. Wilson

I don't think he'll die or anything.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By k2

I agree with what you said Talon, especially the last part. I think Laura doesn't know he's alive, that Emma's been withholding information. X-23 probably thought he had died from his Deathstrike injuries, and now she's joined X-force because A) she's doing it in memory of her dead friends and to protect the ones still alive, B) she's got nothing left to lose, C) she's familiar with the work.

I don't think Hellion will die either but irreversible changes are possible.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By pixelized
    k2 said:
    "A) she's doing it in memory of her dead friends and to protect the ones still alive, B) she's got nothing left to lose, C) she's familiar with the work.
    I think out of all of those, C is most believable, with A being in last place. I'm not getting the "i have to protect my loved ones" vibe from her.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#16  Edited By danhimself
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By pixelized

I wonder why he would see X-force before the regular x-men... Emma did put out that Broadcast inviting everyone to san fran, you'd think with the way things ended for hellion that'd he be the first person to show up

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By danhimself

he could only be showing up for a panel or two

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By pixelized

but why X-force, it's not like they're listed in the yellowpages

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By danhimself

they do hang out at the base

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By pixelized

what base? emma always comments on how they're always sneaking off

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By danhimself

whatever the x-men call there new headquarters

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By pixelized

Graymalkin industries. i don't think they've been seen in the base since like the first issue

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By danhimself

maybe not in there x-force gear but don't most of them live there

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By pixelized

yeah Laura, Hisako, and Megan are all roommates.

Idk, i'm just anxious to see his entrance

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pixelized

Oh and i just read wither will be returning in X-force

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized said:
    "Oh and i just read wither will be returning in X-force"

Yep.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By pixelized

with selene as a baddie!

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized said:
    "with selene as a baddie!"

Yes, and Eliphas Bard.

Side-Note: Does anyone think that Hellion is asian / part asian?
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By danhimself

i just read all the academy x/new/young x-men stuff and the whole time i was thinking how great wither would be as a member of x-force

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By John Valentine
    danhimself said:
    "i just read all the academy x/new/young x-men stuff and the whole time i was thinking how great wither would be as a member of x-force"

I loved New X-Men, brilliant book.

Wither would be a good X-Force member but there's already Elixir who can do virtually the same thing, and there's the tension between the two of them.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By danhimself

but the tension would be good....elixir is such a pansy when it comes to the killing stuff though

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By John Valentine
    danhimself said:
    "but the tension would be good....elixir is such a pansy when it comes to the killing stuff though"

His powers are damn awesome though.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By danhimself

oh yeah i agree but if wither is going to be on the team then it'll finally give him a chance to do something and use his powers he never did anything in academy and new besides stock wallflower

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By John Valentine

I don't actually think he's going to be on the team, I think he's going to be more of an antagonist.

I enjoyed his issue, New X-Men # 32: it was awesome.

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By danhimself

i pretty much enjoyed the entire run of new x-men and it would make more sense that he would be more of a villian after where his story left off

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By John Valentine

It was a great book, and it's a shame it got cancelled: they should have just put it on hiatus for a few months until the San Fran stuff was sorted, instead of starting Young X-Men- yuck.

Wither was with Selene, apparently Eliphas Bard is aswell..... I want Wither to come back and look like a freak.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By pixelized
    John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:

Yes, and Eliphas Bard.

Side-Note: Does anyone think that Hellion is asian / part asian?"
    nope
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By k2
    John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:

Yes, and Eliphas Bard.

Side-Note: Does anyone think that Hellion is asian / part asian?"

I've read about this before (the Asian question) and I've heard that he is not. I've read almost everything with him in it except for the hellions miniseries (which show his parents apparently) but I read comments from people who did read it, and they said that both of his parents were Caucasian. Besides, Keller is a German last name. He's just been drawn that way. I did wonder that at first myself...especially the House of M drawings...
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By danhimself
    hellion's parents....clearly not asian
    hellion's parents....clearly not asian
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By pixelized

i think Asian and Jubilee comes to mind, as well as Psylocke, Armor and Karma... Julian doesn't match them

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized said:
    "i think Asian and Jubilee comes to mind, as well as Psylocke, Armor and Karma... Julian doesn't match them"
    Surge too.
    But he'd be one of the only asian leading males in the MU, save Sunfire and the martial arts dude from Heroes for Hire.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By pixelized
    John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    "i think Asian and Jubilee comes to mind, as well as Psylocke, Armor and Karma... Julian doesn't match them"
    Surge too.
    I forgot she even existed
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    Surge too.
    I forgot she even existed"
    She's ok. Her powers are sweet, but there are cooler young mutants.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By pixelized
    John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    Surge too.
    She's ok. Her powers are sweet, but there are cooler young mutants."
    I Prefer Loa and Trance over her. Though i doubt we'll see loa again ever.
    danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By danhimself

they should have had the old new x-men as the team for the young x-men....one of the things that pissed me off about young x-men is that they haven't even mentioned any of their old teammates

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By pixelized

I remember seeing some of them [Loa, indra, etc...] in the background in SI, so there's still hope for them to pop up somewhere

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By danhimself

maybe sophie will come back to the x-titles soon since new warriors is getting canceled

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By John Valentine
    pixelized said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    "John Valentine said:
    "pixelized said:
    Surge too.
    She's ok. Her powers are sweet, but there are cooler young mutants."
    I Prefer Loa and Trance over her. Though i doubt we'll see loa again ever."

I reckon Loa will turn up dead, and send Josh over the edge.
    Trance is kind of irrelevant, I prefer surge.

Out of this generation of female mutants I like Mercury and Dust the best, by far. (I liked Wind Dancer  too).

danhimself said:
    "they should have had the old new x-men as the team for the young x-men....one of the things that pissed me off about young x-men is that they haven't even mentioned any of their old teammates"

Young X-Men is (was a lot worse) a meh book with poor  sales, and if they had to be on the team they woudl probably have been ruined by now.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.