Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1278 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Why Hellion??

This topic is locked from further discussion.

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By snyderman567

Why do you like Hellion? Do you really believe he is the right guy for Laura? Also where do you see the character going from here on out?

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#2  Edited By Kairan1979

Until they give him a good writer, I can only see the degradation of a character.

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#3  Edited By Baddamdog

@Kairan1979 said:

Until they give him a good writer, I can only see the degradation of a character.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

Currently he's an angry young rebel without a cause used for comic relief. I actually have no problem with this, as it tends to mean that he wont lose any more limbs. I'm sure character development will happen in the future, but not for a while. But he has had development in recent years, even though he's not had any major staring roles. People are just generally unhappy unless he has the spotlight, but with hundreds of potential mutants to use at least he is around to be used.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#5  Edited By jrock85

I'm starting to think that there's an editorial mandate to troll Hellion because he's getting it bad in every book he appears in these days.

maikkywin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By maikkywin

Naaa .

I vote X-23 x Jubilee .

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#7  Edited By Kairan1979
    @maikkywin said:

Naaa .

I vote X-23 x Jubilee .

X-23 never showed any sighs that she is lesbian.
    AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#8  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Sofia Mantega.

Avatar image for why_you_mad_tho
    why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By why_you_mad_tho

@xerox_kitty said:

Currently he's an angry young rebel without a cause used for comic relief. I actually have no problem with this, as it tends to mean that he wont lose any more limbs. I'm sure character development will happen in the future, but not for a while. But he has had development in recent years, even though he's not had any major staring roles. People are just generally unhappy unless he has the spotlight, but with hundreds of potential mutants to use at least he is around to be used.

Actually he's an angry young rebel OR comic relief depending on who's writing him. My problem is one that has been repeated ad nauseam by others. Certain writers (Jason Aaron, and especially Marjorie Liu) have managed to fudge over years of character devlopment with just two panels or a single comic issue. Hellion hasn't been a school bully since the DeFilippis and Weir years of 2003 and 2004. And yet with the very small cameo he got in WANTXM,7 years of character development was thrown away with just two panels. And don't get me started on Liu's castration if Julian in X-23. Hellion makes progress in X-men Legacy, after his beat down on sentinel one, which gives him a bit of character development.

I'd rather have him not show up at all than have the writers [EXPLETIVE DELETED] on him all the time. It's like whenever someone attempts to move his character forward, or back where it use to be, they take 2 steps back, and cripple him. And then piss all over his broken body. Even when he's given character development, it's instantly changed or inconsistent with other appearances. He has 3 different personalities between his 3 most recent appearances in X-23, X-men legacy, and WATXM. They don't even bother being consistent with his character. Probably because they just don't care. I really hope this sounds as good as it does in my head, because i am super high right now.

And as far as the hundreds of mutants thing goes. Yes they have hundreds of mutants, and they, like Hellion are mostly background characters. It's not like surge, prodigy, rockslide, or any other "future gen xmen" are getting any screen-time. They're off standing about like cardboard cutouts while Rogue is being a stupid, annoying skank as usual. Or Cyclops while he's acting like a tampon. The only mutants who are getting screentime besides the "Real" X-men, are people are anyway related to hope. Because god forbid attention goes away from anything summers or grey related.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By xerox_kitty

@why_you_mad_tho said:

@xerox_kitty said:

Actually he's an angry young rebel OR comic relief depending on who's writing him. My problem is one that has been repeated ad nauseam by others. Certain writers (Jason Aaron, and especially Marjorie Liu) have managed to fudge over years of character devlopment with just two panels or a single comic issue. Hellion hasn't been a school bully since the DeFilippis and Weir years of 2003 and 2004. And yet with the very small cameo he got in WANTXM,7 years of character development was thrown away with just two panels. And don't get me started on Liu's castration if Julian in X-23. Hellion makes progress in X-men Legacy, after his beat down on sentinel one, which gives him a bit of character development.

I'd rather have him not show up at all than have the writers [EXPLETIVE DELETED] on him all the time. It's like whenever someone attempts to move his character forward, or back where it use to be, they take 2 steps back, and cripple him. And then piss all over his broken body. Even when he's given character development, it's instantly changed or inconsistent with other appearances. He has 3 different personalities between his 3 most recent appearances in X-23, X-men legacy, and WATXM. They don't even bother being consistent with his character. Probably because they just don't care. I really hope this sounds as good as it does in my head, because i am super high right now.

And as far as the hundreds of mutants thing goes. Yes they have hundreds of mutants, and they, like Hellion are mostly background characters. It's not like surge, prodigy, rockslide, or any other "future gen xmen" are getting any screen-time. They're off standing about like cardboard cutouts while Rogue is being a stupid, annoying skank as usual. Or Cyclops while he's acting like a tampon. The only mutants who are getting screentime besides the "Real" X-men, are people are anyway related to hope. Because god forbid attention goes away from anything summers or grey related.

You forget Matt Fraction, who (a couple of years ago) had Hellion wearing horizontal zig-zags and rioting in the name of Quentin Quire. Not bad, considering Hellion never lived in anyone else's shadow and had nothing to do with Quire when they were at the Westchester Institute before. Liu is an affront to continuity, who most fans are willing to priase because they are distracted by pretty art. While I personally am disappointed to see that he is relegated to the role of bully; it was only for a few panels. I can live with comic relief, because a little but of comedy never hurt a character. He has been pu through emotional hell and disfigured over the last few years. The one safe thing to say is that a few laughs never hurt a character like Hellion.

As for the rest of your argument, most of it doesn't make sense and the rest isn't even pertinent. It certainly in't an excuse to swear in the forums. For someone who's username suggests a light-hearted frame of mind, perhaps you should take a step back and chill. After all, ranting & raving over a comic book character is no reason to break the rules.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By k2

@why_you_mad_tho said:

And then piss all over his broken body.

I LOL'd at this. And I'm in the library, so this is a bad thing. Note to self: save the forums for home when I can cackle like an idiot all that I want.

fACEmelter88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By fACEmelter88

He has been represented as both a conflicted/angry guy but also as a bully/"popular jerk" but I like him most of the time. I feel he and Laura would be good for each other because she could help him move on and get past his anger issues while he can help show Laura how to live but also be his moral compass so he won't be such a jerk.

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By snyderman567

" Rogue is being stupid and skannky as usual."

Why you mad though son??? Magneto gonna whoop your ass.

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Gawdzilla

Laura and Julian had a great rapport during the Kyle & Yost years, they slowly built something with those characters and it was disappointing to see Liu destroy all that. I like Liu as a writer, but X-23 #19 was a travesty.

As for Julian himself, he's a character with a lot of potential. Certain writers see this like Yost & Kyle, & Carey...others not so much. Jury is still out on Arron's portrayal but IMO Arron's one of the best so I have hope! Though that's what I said about Liu in the beginning.... Anyway I tweeted with Gage a week or so back and he said Hellion would be back in Legacy during the AVX event so it will be interesting to see his take on the character.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#15  Edited By ReVamp

@Baddamdog said:

@Kairan1979 said:

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By snyderman567

One of the reasons i loved X-23 #19 is because of that end to their relationship.

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gawdzilla

@snyderman567: Just wait till Chris and Craig get their hands back on X-23 and they'll bring the two back together

snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By snyderman567

@Gawdzilla: In your own fanboyish dream. Im sorry but a damaged girl being in a relationship with an unlikeable, huge douchebag was a terrible idea from the start.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#19  Edited By John Valentine

@snyderman567 said:

@Gawdzilla: In your own fanboyish dream. Im sorry but a damaged girl being in a relationship with an unlikeable, huge douchebag was a terrible idea from the start.

Haha, you liked the X-23 series. Oh, dear.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @John Valentine said:

@snyderman567 said:

Haha, you liked the X-23 series. Oh, dear.

Heh, that's usually my response to anyone who likes that series. (Shudders)
    snyderman567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By snyderman567

@John Valentine: HaHa your a little child

@@FadeToBlackBolt: Well its not for everyone.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By John Valentine

@snyderman567 said:

@@FadeToBlackBolt: Well its not for everyone.

You're a troll.

It shouldn't be for anyone.

If you claim to like X-23, how can you even like the title? The writing, dialogue and art are atrocious.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xerox_kitty

@snyderman567 said:

Name calling is immature & not welcome on Comic Vine. If you can't host a topic like a reasonable human being then the thread will be closed.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.