Who will Hellion side with? Spoilers for future X-Stories

#1 Posted by Gawdzilla (376 posts) - - Show Bio

In May and June Marvel will be releasing X-Men:Prelude a prologue if you will to the major X-Event of 2011 that will last from July to October. Now rumor has it the X-Men might endure a four way split with Cyclops leading a faction, Wolverine leading a faction, Xavier leading a faction and Magneto leading a faction.  
http://marvel.com/news/story/15212/x-men_follow_the_leader

Now should this schism happen...who do you think Hellion would side with?

In my opinion the clear choice is....Wolverine. And i'll explain why in a bit but first i'll list why Hellion wouldn't side with the other three. 

First is Cyclops; after  their argument at the conclusion of "Fables" i see think it would be a cold day in Hell before Hellion would side with Cyclops. Second is Magneto; a lot of people i've talked too think this might happen because of how he's always been kind of hyped as the next Mags. But if we go back to all the times Magneto has interacted with Hellion, he's treated him like dirt. Now mind you Hellion's deserved some of the flack that Magneto has given but not all. I don't see Hellion following him after the way Mags has brushed him off. Last is Xavier. This is no because honestly right now i don't think Hellion believes in the Dream. 

Now after we look at all that Wolverine is the key answer. Here's some of the reasons why i think he'll join and it will be a good fit. 1) Wolverine see's potential in Hellion. About a month back they had the X-Men guide written by Steve Rodgers and the original Cap said that both Beast and Wolverine have told Steve that they believe that think Hellion has a lot of potential and is a rising star in his generation. 2) Wolverine is willing to go to as Dick Cheny once so eloquently put it..."The Dark Side" to get the job done( X-Force). Its great to be a hero and all but sometimes you have to be proactive and merciless. 3) X-23. Both Wolverine and Hellion both care fairly deeply for X-23. Its the common bondy that unites them both. Wolverine is well aware of X-23's feelings for Hellion so i could see Wolverine keeping an eye out for Hellion as a favor to X-23. 

These are my thoughts; i'm interested in hearing your guys.

#2 Edited by Wishful_Thinker (77 posts) - - Show Bio

If it came down to that despite the way Magneto treated him, Hellion would most likely side with Magneto but if X-23 is involved he just /may/ side with him. It depends on his exact feelings for Laura  and just how broken and bitter Hellion really is. 

I would like for him to kind of have an "I told you so moment". Because as harsh as what he said to Cyke in X-Men Legacy, he was totally right.

#3 Posted by Alaric (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god I hope your theory turns out correct! There is no way he'd follow Cyclops and to that extent even less so with Xavier. I'd say its a split between Mags and Wolvie. I don't think they should put him along side Magneto since yes, all their interactions have been less than satisfactory... I think Wolvie is the BEST choice however we have been led astray before...

This just gives me hope. lol
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

Cyclops threatened to lock him up.  Wolverine saved Hellion from the MRD & Sapien League.  Seems pretty conclusive to me.

#5 Edited by Iron_Lad (315 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellion hates Cyclops and looks up to Magneto. I think Hellion once approached Magneto in order to get revenge against the X-Men. In all honesty, I'd like Hellion to go his own seperate way and become a villain himself, but for sure he'd much rather follow Magneto/Wolverine than Cyclops.

#6 Posted by Gawdzilla (376 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alaric said:
" Oh god I hope your theory turns out correct! There is no way he'd follow Cyclops and to that extent even less so with Xavier. I'd say its a split between Mags and Wolvie. I don't think they should put him along side Magneto since yes, all their interactions have been less than satisfactory... I think Wolvie is the BEST choice however we have been led astray before...
  This just gives me hope. lol "

I think its time for you to draw a comic about the four of them trying to recruit Hellion to their team

@Iron_Lad said:
" Hellion hates Cyclops and looks up to Magneto. I think Hellion once approached Magneto in order to get revenge against the X-Men. In all honesty, I'd like Hellion to go his own seperate way and become a villain himself, but for sure he'd much rather follow Magneto/Wolverine than Cyclops. "
At one point he did, and he sought him out after Messiah Complex during Divided We Stand. Mags told him off. 

Hence why he should go with Wolvie. It's high time he takes someone other than a teenage girl under his wing
#7 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18855 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd prefer Emma or Storm leading a fraction instead of Xavier.. Like i understand he's the founder and all.. but he hasn't really been around lately..

#8 Posted by nicknicholby (523 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually prefer Rogue to Xavier leading a younger team ala, loa, indra, trance, bling!, surge, mercury, anole, hellion and rockslide.  I enjoyed the way she has lead a similar team in the X-men Legacy line.  I think she can turn hellion's angry emotions inward to heal him, much in the same way the x-men helped her.  I would also like to see some of the other underused X-men on the team, like Husk, Iceman and Jubilee.

#9 Posted by nicknicholby (523 posts) - - Show Bio

otherwise make hellion a villian.

#10 Posted by Virus_Warning (206 posts) - - Show Bio
@nicknicholby: 
Last time (that I know of) that Rogue talked to Hellion was to threaten him (if I remember correctly)...

I think Wolverine would be a really good choice.  Cyclops is a definite no regardless of what Cyclops does, Xavier would probably the same thing
Magneto would be a tense maybe in my mind since I think he used to look up to Magneto but after Divided We Stand...not so much
Wolverine would be a good idea though, and I don't even like the character that much
-Virus
#11 Posted by Alaric (115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gawdzilla said: 

I think its time for you to draw a comic about the four of them trying to recruit Hellion to their team 

I believe you are right sir. D: THIS is now on my to do list. lol
#12 Posted by Gawdzilla (376 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alaric: I think we form a co-op; i write em/come up with ideas...you draw them :)

Hellion: Now why should i join your team? What's in it for me?

Cyclops: I'll take you off probation.

Magneto: I'll stop treating you like a little kid

Xavier: Umm....well...i got nothing...

Wolvie: I'll let you date Laura and teach you how to kick ass. 

Hellion: And i believe we have a winner
#13 Posted by Alaric (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Well I'll take idea pitches. Too busy to do co-ops at the moment but its something that seems fun to do later on.  :D

I'm gunna do em 4koma style, one for each faction. X)

#14 Posted by Violet-Eyed Dragon (2271 posts) - - Show Bio

emma IS the lady who cares most about hellion so their is the off  chance hed be with cyclops.  im thinkin hed pick magneto though.

#15 Posted by Virus_Warning (206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Violet-Eyed Dragon: 
Post Messiah CompleX and Divided We Stand (and even the end of New X-Men), though, I'm pretty sure he's not all the keen on her
She's kinda...made his life suck
-Virus
#16 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gawdzilla said:
" @Alaric: I think we form a co-op; i write em/come up with ideas...you draw them :)  Hellion: Now why should i join your team? What's in it for me? Cyclops: I'll take you off probation.  Magneto: I'll stop treating you like a little kid   Xavier: Umm....well...i got nothing...  Wolvie: I'll let you date Laura and teach you how to kick ass.    Hellion: And i believe we have a winner "
lololol

Seriously, though....I'd really like to see him team with Wolverine. That would be new, and seems more along the lines of what Julian believes in--action, not pretty ideals. Lots of room for character development, and Logan might help him get over some issues he's been having. He can be a pretty good mentor. 

I'm afraid that Hellion will go along with Magneto though...just because it's been somewhat foreshadowed that he is becoming a villain. Blah.
#17 Posted by volnaib (44 posts) - - Show Bio
@Virus_Warning said:
Last time (that I know of) that Rogue talked to Hellion was to threaten him (if I remember correctly)...
Yes, correctly.
@Alaric said:
I believe you are right sir. D: THIS is now on my to do list. lol "
@Gawdzilla said:
"Hellion: Now why should i join your team? What's in it for me? Cyclops: I'll take you off probation.  Magneto: I'll stop treating you like a little kid   Xavier: Umm....well...i got nothing...  Wolvie: I'll let you date Laura and teach you how to kick ass.    Hellion: And i believe we have a winner "
I just LOVE you guys =)  You really should do your own amazing comic series.

After reading all the posts my vote is for Wolverine. Totally not for Cyclops (probation thing and other stuff), and also no for Mags (all these "Explain yourself, boy", "RUN" - post Second Coming conversation with Hope, Divided We Stand conversation, et cetera) and Xavier (like Nori said in NXM #44: "There's nothing you can teach us, 'prof'... We already know how to die"). 
It might be like that:
Wolvie: Hellion, I know all the stuff about how you feel for Laura and all, but it's dangerous here, really messed up. You don't want to be here. Tons of deaths, hands - whoops - arms covered in blood... Go with Cyke or Chuck, it'll be much better for your psychic health, kid. It's just not your war. This is your last chance to make the right choice. Walk. Away.
Julian: MEH.
Wolvie: Fine, your life. You're in.

#18 Posted by Alaric (115 posts) - - Show Bio

Ugh, no time to color it but enjoy this crappy lil comic.  College = Nu life.

Made it in my spare time so quality is no longer in my dictionary. lol I still plan on making a couple more of these and maybe with other New X-men besides Hellion. X) Just for fun feel free to throw in ideas like Anole w/ Mags or Loa w/ Cykes. I dunno. but I'll do what I can. rofl Oh, and send em via dA or Msg here. Don't wanna upset any mods by being off topic. >.>'

http://arcial.deviantart.com/art/WF-Cyclops-and-Hellion-198116512
#19 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Either Mags or Wolverine.   I think it depends on who X-23 sides with ultimately.

#20 Edited by Virus_Warning (206 posts) - - Show Bio
@Alaric: 
Dude, haha, I love this ^^
-Virus
#21 Posted by KumoriKunoichi (588 posts) - - Show Bio

he should say screw you and find Laura

#22 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
@Virus_Warning said:
" @Violet-Eyed Dragon:  Post Messiah CompleX and Divided We Stand (and even the end of New X-Men), though, I'm pretty sure he's not all the keen on her She's kinda...made his life suck -Virus "
That is true. But Magneto has outwardly rejected / spurned Hellion twice now. Firstly in Divided We Stand and secondly at the end of Second Coming. To make matters worse, Magneto has openly taken an interest in MegaBrat aka Hope.
#23 Posted by doomsilver (643 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gawdzilla said:
" @Alaric: I think we form a co-op; i write em/come up with ideas...you draw them :)  Hellion: Now why should i join your team? What's in it for me? Cyclops: I'll take you off probation.  Magneto: I'll stop treating you like a little kid   Xavier: Umm....well...i got nothing...  Wolvie: I'll let you date Laura and teach you how to kick ass.    Hellion: And i believe we have a winner "

that was funny hellion would go with wolverine
#24 Posted by KumoriKunoichi (588 posts) - - Show Bio

He should just say screw it, leave the X-Men and find Laura

#25 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
@KumoriKunoichi said:
" He should just say screw it, leave the X-Men and find Laura "
Malorie Liu should write him as a regular cast member of 'X-23'.
#26 Posted by Gawdzilla (376 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: It would be super special awesome, but HIGHLY unlikely.

I think for the moment each of them needs some time alone to get their lives together.
#27 Posted by arcano_19 (118 posts) - - Show Bio

yup he is going to wolvy

#28 Posted by Kairan1979 (16748 posts) - - Show Bio
@Virus_Warning:
I agree. He is definitely not Emma's biggest fan. First of all, she ordered him to knock out Laura (Hellion didn't like Laura back then, but he refused to obey). Then she made Surge a leader of New X-Men to punish him. Then she lied to him when he asked about Cessily, Sooraya and Laura when he had woken up after being stabbed by Deathstrike. And, finally, punched him out when she was with Dark X-Men.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.