please tell me that im not the only one do dislike x23/helion

#1 Posted by xgirl (137 posts) - - Show Bio

there are so force
#2 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm all for it.

#3 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

I plainly hate Hellion. X-23 and him seem more like brother/sister relationship to me(or at least ought to be)

#4 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
I plainly hate Hellion. X-23 and him seem more like brother/sister relationship to me(or at least ought to be)
You clearly have skewed views of brother-sister relationships. 
#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

ought doesn't mean is.

#6 Posted by Amegashita (3601 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't like X-23.  As for Hellion, all I can say is... sucks about your arms, bro.  

#7 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
ought doesn't mean is.
"X -23 and him seem more like brother/sister relationship to me"
#8 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
@TheCrowbar said:
ought doesn't mean is.

@TheCrowbar said:
Purposefully editing what I said, cute.
#9 Posted by SC (13119 posts) - - Show Bio

I rarely like any pairing in comics, Marvel/DC Superhero comics I find is rarely a good medium for romance. I like X-23 and Hellion themselves plenty though. I think each works creatively better apart. A good writer could make something interesting between them, a bad writer could do damage. Its risk assessment therefore to me and better for my interests for them to be at a maximum flirty with each other. No more. 

#10 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
@John Valentine said:
@TheCrowbar said:
ought doesn't mean is.

@TheCrowbar said:

Angel Salvedore
(Arch)Angel 
#11 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
@TheCrowbar said:
@John Valentine said:
@TheCrowbar said:
ought doesn't mean is.

@TheCrowbar said:

Angel Salvedore
(Arch)Angel 
That really burns your ass huh?
#12 Posted by Wise Son (1772 posts) - - Show Bio
It seems a little force.
#13 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm a big fan of the pairing.

#14 Posted by xgirl (137 posts) - - Show Bio
@k2
yeah i have notice that
#15 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

I'm all for it.

This. 
The relationship, and the characters inside it, is one of the best things about the X-Franchise.
#16 Posted by Mercy_ (92698 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@John Valentine said:

I'm all for it.

This. The relationship, and the characters inside it, is one of the best things about the X-Franchise.

Agreed.

#17 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio
@k2
me too. I literally shed the tear when Laura was spending the last minutes of her time with Hellion before going on suicide mission.
#18 Posted by xgirl (137 posts) - - Show Bio

it seem i'm the only one who don't like them
#19 Edited by War Killer (20209 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I don't like them together mainly because I really don't care for Hellion at all.

#20 Posted by Vortex13 (12250 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
Personally I don't like them together mainly because I really don't care for Hellion at all.
Same here.
#21 Posted by TheRedRobin (226 posts) - - Show Bio

ah she's okay.
#22 Posted by Mr. Mercury (19523 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the two together.

#23 Posted by nj06 (248 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like them together either. I would much rather him be with Sofia/Winddancer instead. I think she should be repowered but I wouldn't mind having them be together even if she doesn't have her powers because I think that can make for very interesting storylines.

#24 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio
@nj06 said:
I don't like them together either. I would much rather him be with Sofia/Winddancer instead. I think she should be repowered but I wouldn't mind having them be together even if she doesn't have her powers because I think that can make for very interesting storylines.
She's the one who left. 
#25 Posted by fatalfuryguy (2 posts) - - Show Bio
@Vortex13
ditto. waste of space anyone? it just seems forced
#26 Posted by rokusan23 (146 posts) - - Show Bio

she's okay... I guess?

#27 Posted by Gawdzilla (376 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the two together

And Hellion's coming back to the pages of X-23 again in X-23 #17

#28 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate it.

#29 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gawdzilla said:
I like the two together  And Hellion's coming back to the pages of X-23 again in X-23 #17
Yep quite excited about this! Must be Marjorie Liu's X-mas gift to me (since it IS happening in December) :o) how thoughtful! Just what I've always wanted!
#30 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gawdzilla

And Hellion's coming back to the pages of X-23 again in X-23 #17

Thank you for th great news! Looking forward to see them together again. I wonder what Laura can think about Age of X and Hellion's new hands.
#31 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio

I HATE IT ! (LOOK AT MY AVI)

#32 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio
@AgeofHurricane said:
I HATE IT ! (LOOK AT MY AVI)
I saw your first post. Your opinion on the matter is not going to change my opinion, and vice versa. :o)
#33 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7297 posts) - - Show Bio
@k2: It wasn't supposed to.
#34 Posted by andrea_mendoza1997 (342 posts) - - Show Bio

No on the contrary  I'm all for it, they seem to be a good couple.

#35 Posted by snyderman567 (158 posts) - - Show Bio

Fuck Hellion

#36 Posted by volnaib (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@snyderman567 said:

Fuck Hellion

I just wanted to say I agree with this since I thought that a) there should be "X-23" somewhere before and b) the f-word means precisely "to have sexual affairs with the named person". It turned out I was totally wrong.

Sorry, HeliX supporter here =)

#37 Posted by Kairan1979 (16746 posts) - - Show Bio
@andrea_mendoza1997 said:
No on the contrary  I'm all for it, they seem to be a good couple.
I know. Damn writers just can't leave Hellion alone, so they ruined his relationship with Laura.
#38 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@xgirl: I really did not care for their relationship. I love X-23, but I dislike Hellion cuz he's a womanizing douche. Plus their relationship was the weakest compared to her relationship with jubilee, gambit, mercury and wolverine.

#39 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@k2: How did that turn out? lol

#40 Posted by John Valentine (16310 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

@xgirl: I really did not care for their relationship. I love X-23, but I dislike Hellion cuz he's a womanizing douche. Plus their relationship was the weakest compared to her relationship with jubilee, gambit, mercury and wolverine.

It was only weak because Malorie Liu decided to trash it. She had no connections to Jubilee or Gambit prior to her most recent fail of a series.

#41 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

Aside from the time when he took the Stepford Cuckoos to the dance, I fail to see how he is a womaniser. He's just a typical teenage boy who tried to get as much attention as possible. But he was loyal to Wind Dancer. even after she left the school he tried to get in touch with her when she struggled to come to terms with losing her powers. Even at the time when X-23 arrived and began to show feral & stalker behaviour towards him, he was still looking for his missing girlfriend. It was only after several death-defying adventures & prolonged exposure to X-23's company that Hellion came to accept her as a friend & possible girlfriend.

Hellion risked his life and gave up control over his own powers to save X-23. Hardly the actions of a "womanizing douche". All of the potential built up by Kyle & Yost isn't jut forgotten, but is destroyed because of a few character-bashing issues written by Majorie Liu. Thanks to one bad writer everyone suddenly blames Hellion of dragging X-23 down. It's backwards.

#42 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: It was weak to me before Liu arrived. Even though Laura had no connections to gambit or jubilee prior to vol 3, I still found it her friendship with those two characters more compelling than her bond with hellion

#43 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@xerox_kitty: Thats fair, but Hellion still comes across as unlikeable to me. P.S Liu may not be the greatest writer, but she is damn sure not a bad writer

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.