Is there any hope for Hellion?

#1 Posted by BaBaBoom (274 posts) - - Show Bio

With Marvel hellbent on forcing Hellion on the background, would there still be hope that Hellion would have an appearance with out him being physically, mentally, and emotionally hurt? or is he going slowly on the road to comic limbo?

#2 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope a decent writer does something with him other than physically or emotionally maim him and let him fall into the bully role. Julian has great potential. To me, he's by far one of the more interesting New X-Men characters, if not X-characters, hell, if not Marvel characters; he's A-list material.

Sadly no one seems interested in developing him properly at the moment.

#3 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

nope

#4 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: I've actually been outlining a story that would prove to be rather long and hopefully bring Julian into the light that we both believe he should be in. I hope to start scripting within the month.

#5 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@blur1528 said:

@John Valentine: I've actually been outlining a story that would prove to be rather long and hopefully bring Julian into the light that we both believe he should be in. I hope to start scripting within the month.

Oh, yeah? What's it about? Could you outline it for me?

#6 Posted by blur1528 (1055 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: Yeah once I get done with finals in the next two weeks I'll send you an outline

#7 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

nope

GREAT ARGUMENT. WELL SUBSTANTIATED.

#8 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine: ...thanks

#9 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

IMO, Hellion's only hope lies within the underrated hands of Chris Yost/Craig Kyle and Christina Weir/Nunzio De Filippis.

#10 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

IMO, Hellion's only hope lies within the underrated hands of Chris Yost/Craig Kyle and Christina Weir/Nunzio De Filippis.

Carey had started him to do good stuff with him.

#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Yeah. In "Half step", he took Julian under his wing to further develop his TK powers, down to every single last molecule. Carey's a good writer, i'll say. (even IF he made Legacy a very Rogue-centric book for the get go.)
#12 Edited by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

Yeah. In "Half step", he took Julian under his wing to further develop his TK powers, down to every single last molecule. Carey's a good writer, i'll say. (even IF he made Legacy a very Rogue-centric book for the get go.)

That point seemed to suggest he had Omega potential, not exaggerating.

Carey was a great writer. I agree with the Rogue point and I'm not a fan of the Rogue/Magneto thing, but so much of his entire run, especially Pre-Messiah Complex is pure gold.

#13 Posted by ReVamp (22865 posts) - - Show Bio

Not at the moment. And I cry inside as I say this.

#14 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

That point seemed to suggest he had Omega potential, not exaggerating.

Carey was a great writer. I agree with the Rogue point and I'm not a fan of the Rogue/Magneto thing, but so much of his entire run, especially Pre-Messiah Complex is pure gold.

As soon as Rogue mentioned the word "molecule" Omega Level Potential sprung to my mind, and it's not suprising considering what Julian is capable of. Really, it just reminds me how Jean beat the sh*t put of the U-Men back in New X-Men, given the correct writer, that could be Julian.
#15 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

As soon as Rogue mentioned the word "molecule" Omega Level Potential sprung to my mind, and it's not suprising considering what Julian is capable of.

I believe you're talking about events in X-Men Legacy #260? Carey's last issue of Legacy in which Julian saved Ariel?

The scans I've posted below are from X-Men Legacy #243. Julian's dialogue explaining his power use really shows some Omega potential.

#16 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

As soon as Rogue mentioned the word "molecule" Omega Level Potential sprung to my mind, and it's not suprising considering what Julian is capable of.

I believe you're talking about events in X-Men Legacy #260? Carey's last issue of Legacy in which Julian saved Ariel?

The scans I've posted below are from X-Men Legacy #243. Julian's dialogue explaining his power use really shows some Omega potential.

That art, ugh. Why oh why did Scottie Young start the long-hair-Hellion phase. He's earned a spot on my hitlist.

#17 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@k2 said:

That art, ugh. Why oh why did Scottie Young start the long-hair-Hellion phase. He's earned a spot on my hitlist.

He looks better with short hair, definitely. This art is by Paul Davidson. So horrible.

#18 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@k2 said:

He looks better with short hair, definitely. This art is by Paul Davidson. So horrible.

We should have taken his longer hair as a warning sign that he was about to become a certified emo....

#19 Edited by why_you_mad_tho (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Out of sheer boredom and hubris..i decided to sit down and write several stories for hellion. I doubt i'll ever finish them..but here's an outline i had in mind for one of them. Hellion, Surge, Dust, Mercury, Rockslide, Anole, and Quentin Quire would be hunted by shield and maybe the x-men. Word would get around that the gang are plotting a "terrorist" attack. The attack would be a retaliation of sorts. I'm thinking elixr or prodigy's death would be the spark. Most likely elixr..because half way through the story i would have him come back to life or maybe not. Hellion would lead an attack on Utopia to free Exodus and Joseph. He needs them to give a distraction to Shield and the xmen..and maybe get a little mentorship type thing going on with exodus. I'm also thinking about creating some new mutants to help with the later half of my story. A power booster, and a john preston/wesley gibson/ el wray type (maybe just prodigy with the gun he had when they fought Nimrod). At one point Hellion would use his telekinesis to lift utopia and threaten to send it into space to aid in their escape.

Two of the major fights i had (completely) planned were Kid Omega vs Rachel Summers and Emma Frost or Quentin Quire vs Charles Xavier. The other would be Hellion Vs Gambit. Hellion at one point would carve his name in Gambits chest and then delivering the one liner "remember it". A third would probably be Rogue vs Hellion and Mercury. She'd be all omg you almost killed that guy i like to lead on...and Hellion would be like "And here i thought you couldn't kill death" Yeah F*ck you, Majorie Liu.

The twist would be that the terrorist attack would be Quentin Quire giving everyone on earth the memories and feelings of all the mutants who have suffered persecution... including Hellions very own memories of Bryan Cruz dying in front of him. Followed immediately by the mutants hellion took from utopia using their powers to help the world. Like Krakoa turning deserts and barren wastelands into fields of Wheat and Fruit or something. Giving food sources to third world countries. Or elixr healing the sick on a large scale..or something to that effect. The main point being...yeah you did all this stuff to us..and even when you expect the worst out of us..even if we have a right to want to take vengeance..we do the opposite.. All the while taking on some hard hitters in marvel. Also Julian gets to bump nasties with Sofia Mantega.

Hellion would choose to keep his TK hands over Elixir giving him back his real hands. Giving him this Bad ass Green TK aura i always wanted for Hellion, while simultaneously showing he's gotten over his emo/depressed phase and has come to accept his loss of limbs. He would be construct heavy. His favorite construct being Samurai swords attacked to chains. It would be a cross between Spawns chains and Kratos' Blades of Chaos. Rockslide would start using his body to fire off tiny pieces of rock like machine gun bullets. He would also have that sleek and slimmer body. In this form his fighting style would be martial arts heavy. And would absorb the rock around him into himself to regain mass. I also see Surge pulling a Blanka with her lighting by creating an armor of lighting around her. Just an all-round tighter..more fluent control over her abilities. If i don't get around to creating that Wesley Gibson/El wray/John Preston type mutant..i'll just have Prodigy fill that role. Kid Omega would show off some of that Omega Level power that has been missing since his return. I mean the kid has feats over Emma Frost and Rachel Summers. And has been shown in several realities and future timelines to be a Host for The Phoenix Force...let him flaunt it.

Welp thats all i've got so far.

#20 Posted by umi212 (2 posts) - - Show Bio

I have always wondered why doesn't Hellion talk to Wolverine about getting IronMan to make him some better hands? It never makes sense to me that guys have all these resources and do not use them. He could have went to Mr. Fantastic to help him design better more functional hands. He has access to these great minds even the Beast could help develop better looking hands that look human and functions with his mind. I mean really no one has never thought of this? He is still a teenage boy I thought the adults could have looked out better for him. Just my thoughts.

#21 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@why_you_mad_tho said:

Two of the major fights i had (completely) planned were Kid Omega vs Rachel Summers and Emma Frost or Quentin Quire vs Charles Xavier. The other would be Hellion Vs Gambit. Hellion at one point would carve his name in Gambits chest and then delivering the one liner "remember it". A third would probably be Rogue vs Hellion and Mercury. She'd be all omg you almost killed that guy i like to lead on...and Hellion would be like "And here i thought you couldn't kill death" Yeah F*ck you, Majorie Liu.

That sounds awesome.

Hopefully Hellion can beat Gambit to within an inch of his life. And then teach Rogue a lesson.

#22 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine said:

@why_you_mad_tho said:

That sounds awesome.

Hopefully Hellion can beat Gambit to within an inch of his life. And then teach Rogue a lesson.

Fanboyism at its finest.

#23 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

@x_29 said:

Fanboyism at its finest.

That was a worthwhile post.

#24 Posted by ivolution2k1 (58 posts) - - Show Bio

@umi212 said:

I have always wondered why doesn't Hellion talk to Wolverine about getting IronMan to make him some better hands? It never makes sense to me that guys have all these resources and do not use them. He could have went to Mr. Fantastic to help him design better more functional hands. He has access to these great minds even the Beast could help develop better looking hands that look human and functions with his mind. I mean really no one has never thought of this? He is still a teenage boy I thought the adults could have looked out better for him. Just my thoughts.

eff the robitic hands elixer regrew david's heart HIS HEART why cant he fix julians hands

#25 Posted by RaggedScarecrow (805 posts) - - Show Bio

@ivolution2k1 said:

@umi212 said:

eff the robitic hands elixer regrew david's heart HIS HEART why cant he fix julians hands

My thoughts exactly. I guess Marvel just likes emo Hellion better than normal Hellion. Makes me sad because New X-Men was what got me into comics.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.