Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1276 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Is Hellion's shirt choice in UXM an allusion to Quentin Quire?

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By k2

Take a look:

No Caption Provided

Quentin Quire and the Omegas

Hmmm....and Hellion's caption is 'anger issues' in the UXM preview...

O_O
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

Maybe he gets to lead his own rebellion as Quentin did.

Mr. Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Mr. Justice

maybe he joins them?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#4  Edited By xerox_kitty

He probably just moved in and had to accept any hand-me-downs before he had the chance to go spend Worthington's money in the mall. 

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By k2

Looking at it again...it's not just the shirt, it's Quire's entire outfit. He's missing the whip though, and the hair (oh why can't he go back to having short hair -.-)

Probably will see more on this. They've gone for the Hellion-goes-bad angle, then.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By xerox_kitty

I don't mind if Hellion turns bad, but I'd prefer it if he did it in his own style.  Not wearing the cast offs from Quire the Dork.  Hellion is usually more savvy and self-assure that he shouldn't resort to wearing Charlie Brown coloured tank tops.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7  Edited By pixelized

i completely agree with that Xerox, but maybe he's trying to make a statement.

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#8  Edited By Korg

The outfit has cultural significance beyond Quentin and his gang in the mutant community. It is how mutants were first depicted in early propaganda posters in the Marvel U.

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By xerox_kitty

Really?  I don't remember those... Where were those??

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Korg

Looking back, it's actually from an old Daily Bugle cover. Quentin uses it as a template in New X-Men #134.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By John Valentine

HELLION FTW!

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By k2

Yeah, there is no way he would wear that otherwise. I refuse to accept he would if there was no purpose.

Avatar image for emerald_general_jai
    Emerald_General_Jai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 9

Dude, def missed when this came out. So this is for that whole X-Men/Dark Avengers dark reign thing that's about to go down? We know for a fact Hellion survives long enough to get to it??

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By John Valentine
    @Emerald_General_Jai said:
    "Dude, def missed when this came out. So this is for that whole X-Men/Dark Avengers dark reign thing that's about to go down? We know for a fact Hellion survives long enough to get to it?? "

It's out next Wednesday. One would assume that this is after Messiah Complex.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By k2

You mean Messiah War, right? Because seeing as the X-men are in California, it's guaranteed to be after Messiah Complex.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By John Valentine
    @k2 said:
    "You mean Messiah War, right? Because seeing as the X-men are in California, it's guaranteed to be after Messiah Complex."

Lol, yes I mean Messiah War/Suicide Leper.
    greekpimp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By greekpimp
    @Korg said:
    "Looking back, it's actually from an old Daily Bugle cover. Quentin uses it as a template in New X-Men #134. "

Do you have a Scan???
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Korg
    @greekpimp said:
    " Do you have a Scan??? "
    Yes. Here you are.
    No Caption Provided

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @k2: Here's what Matt Fraction said about Uncanny 513...

Hellion recruits some other disgruntled mutants and outlines his own plan for a more public and more aggressive solution to the mutant problems currently plaguing San Francisco. What made Hellion a good ringleader for this group?

I think it fit his personality and there’s the youth-in-revolt factor. He’s not really one for strategy. He’s okay with getting arrested just as long as a large numbers of people all over the world see it. He’s an angry guy and doesn’t like being told what to do, especially that he can’t go outside because he’s a mutant. Imagine being told you can’t go out after dark because you’ve got brown hair.

So he’s found that not everybody wants to passively resist what’s going on. He’s definitely one of the more headstrong members of the younger X-Men. There’s a reason why he’s wearing the striped Quentin Quire sweater.

The collection of mutants with Hellion are interesting in that they include more notable mutants like Sunspot and Avalanche as well as characters nobody expected to see again -- like Adam X.

Things are getting F’ING EXTREME! [laughs]. It’s a complicated thing that’s going on. It transcends good, bad, and everything else, so it’s all able bodied hands on deck, whether that’s somebody great like Avalanche or Sunspot, or whether its somebody further down the totem pole like Adam X.
    Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Alaric

Hmm, I just hope its not some lame character merge cop-out like with Liz and Firestar in Ultimate Spiderman. Julian is awesome on his own.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By k2

Now I'm hopin that Julian doesn't go the way of Quentin, lol...

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By xerox_kitty

He didn't seem to be wearing it in Utopia part 2, so I guess his 'fashion statement' was over.  I'm still disappointment with Matt Fraction's idea of a 'peace protest', where you ignite everything that stands in your way.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By John Valentine
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "He didn't seem to be wearing it in Utopia part 2, so I guess his 'fashion statement' was over.  I'm still disappointment with Matt Fraction's idea of a 'peace protest', where you ignite everything that stands in your way. "

It is Hellion.....
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @John Valentine said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    "He didn't seem to be wearing it in Utopia part 2, so I guess his 'fashion statement' was over.  I'm still disappointment with Matt Fraction's idea of a 'peace protest', where you ignite everything that stands in your way. "
    It is Hellion..... "
    Yeah I know, but he didn't seem to be wearing the stupid Quentin Quire tank top anymore.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By k2

Actually, he was wearing it. It just looks like a darker shade of orange, and his hair is better. He's still being drawn funny (reminds me of X-men Evo Wolverine)--although it's a great improvement over the first issue (Dodson rocks :-)

Also he's kind of talking like a redneck. I didn't notice Julian using words like " I been" and "Ain't" before. And yes, I agree the flaming protest was hardly a peace demonstration. It's a very Julian thing to do but it's odd he called it 'peaceful', I'd expect him to use a more violent description (like he did in Academy X when he was rescuing Wither from the FBI). Few inconsistencies, but at least Hellion's doing what he exists for: to cause trouble, right? Could be worse.

I hope that Utopia 1 and 2 took place over like one day, or else it means he hasn't changed clothes for a while. EEE-ewww!

And that's my nitpicking. Back to writing 'Reaction Rates: the Iodine Clock Reaction''. Don't tell me that doesn't just get your heart racing!

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @k2 said:
    "I hope that Utopia 1 and 2 took place over like one day, or else it means he hasn't changed clothes for a while. EEE-ewww!"
    LOL! I was thinking the same thing about their regular unstable molecule costumes.  They almost never change those... And considering how tight-fitting they are, you don't want to borrow any!  Imagine many wedgies poor Psylocke must have...!!

No wonder Julian has resorted to the dorky tank-top ;)
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By k2
    @xerox-kitty said:
    LOL! I was thinking the same thing about their regular unstable molecule costumes.  They almost never change those... And considering how tight-fitting they are, you don't want to borrow any! 
    Oh my god. You're absolutely right. They don't have underwear lines either... /gag and think of how sweaty they must get with all the hard physical activity of fighting...
    No wonder Julian has resorted to the dorky tank-top ;) "
    Clearly a cry for help against the inhumane laundry practices at Xaviers'.
    Avatar image for knightinbatmanarmor
    knightinbatmanarmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think its starting to look like Julian may make his own mutant team. The only problem, is he is going down a similar road that the brotherhood once took. And there really are some almost surprises in there. I'm glad to see that Match is teaming up with them. I think that these characters have been sitting too long and cant wait to see where they take them now. Can anyone say new codenames?

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @comikusdorkus: Actually, Hellion and a lot of the Young/New X-Men are going to work closely with Rogue as part of X-Men: Legacy's new direction.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By John Valentine
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @xerox-kitty said:
    It is Hellion..... "
    Yeah I know, but he didn't seem to be wearing the stupid Quentin Quire tank top anymore. "
    He was wearing still wearing it, ha. Argh... Fraction sucks anyway. He just changes character's traits to fit his lazy and uninspired plots without reason to do so - Hellion, Iceman, Elixir, Emma etc- enough Fraction, enough.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By k2

Fraction is teh suck. /agree

At least he's back to wearing his real red and black costume in X-force #19. That was awesome. I may or may not been mildly excited to see him, and note that he is also aware of Laura being MIA. And to see the costume of his I like best drawn by Mike Choi...yay! That was a pleasant surprise. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @k2: I did like that Julian wants to do something to help Laura. He's dressed & ready to go... whether they'll let him is another matter completely.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By k2

If he *really* wanted to--and Frost and/or the Cuckoos weren't around to stop him--then I think he could bust out on his own. With his higher power levels, he was shown blowing enormous holes in the mansion roof (NXM) so I don't think any structure they have in place could stop him (unless it was some sort of super-defense system which I doubt they have). Pretty much anyone short of a telepath or telekinetic would be hard pressed to prevent him if he decided to leave, due to the fact that he can break the sound barrier at a moment's notice (while traveling vertically to boot). Not saying he can't be stopped--if he's not prepared in a fight, he's the first one to keel over; but in a situation like this, if people aren't watching him closely, an escape could be easily executed. 

Crossing my fingers. It would be awesome reading for me...I realize it's unlikely though. Oh well, a girl can dream! Ahahahah

thebookbug5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By thebookbug5

*Squeek*. Julian take that thing off right now!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.