hellion green aura

Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

as we know hellion is a powerful telekinatic he is able to fly at supersonic speeds , movet hings with his mind , creat protictive force fields and release crossive blasts . one thing that everybody notice about helion is his famous green aura . hellion green aura started withy simple green glow in his eyes while using his powers after that they started to make things under his control glow green , until they reach the point where hellion is always surrounded by a green aura of telekinatic energy . while flying hellion glows green and leave a trail of green energy . i thought first that this green energy was just something to make his powers visible but for me it was sometimes like he is creating green lights in dark places . he appered in the tv series wolverine and the x-men and his eyes also was glowing green and he was surrounded by green energy and also the things under his control while jean didn't have to creat aura or glow while using her powers . so my question is : is this green aura something of his powers ? does he have to glow green ? what if they bring him into a real action x-men movie well he glow green or not ? i noticed that in x-men the last stand there was a littel boy in the scool and he was moving 2 papers in the shape of the planes , i'm not sure if he is hellion but i didn't see any green energy .

please leave a comment and answer.

( ps:i may spell some words wrong , sorry )

#1 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

Reminds me of Ermac

#2 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

Reminds me of Ermac

thx for commenting but i,m sorry i don't really know ermac

#3 Posted by Steps (657 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion: He's a videogame character that came before Hellion he is a being comprised of thousands of souls, he is also a powerful telekinetic, has green aura, and a red and black attire.

#4 Posted by JediXMan (31269 posts) - - Show Bio

It's just telekinesis. Different telekinetics have different "colors." Hellion's energy is green, Psylocke is purple, Jean is pink or blue, X-Man is yellow or blue, Cable of yellow or blue, etc.

Sometimes, the color is for the benefit of the reader. But sometimes, telekinetics actually do release a colored energy. Here's an example of X-Man, where he was made of pure psychic energy: (blue)

#5 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- Bruce Leroy has dibs on the Orange Glow

#6 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan: oh i know yah , but i thought that telekinesis is invisible power just like telepathy , i mean there are sometimes in new x-men comicbooks when there was a ghost at the school and things started to move around and everyone thought it was hellion using telekinesis , so if the green energy was visible they would know it's hellion , thank for your lovely comment :)

#7 Edited by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion said:

@JediXMan: oh i know yah , but i thought that telekinesis is invisible power just like telepathy , i mean there are sometimes in new x-men comicbooks when there was a ghost at the school and things started to move around and everyone thought it was hellion using telekinesis , so if the green energy was visible they would know it's hellion , thank for your lovely comment :)

Even telepathy has been shown to have colors. And other psychic attacks have as well. Psi-lord used yellow psi-blasts against Sue Storm who's psiconic shield is clear/invisible and that attack was visible to her. His telepathy was then shown to have a pinkish hue but Sue did not see it. Emma Frost and Psylocke are other examples. Betsy's telepathy is still purple, and Emma's has shown to be pink/purple on occasion whether using just straight telepathy or psi-blasts. It's an artists way to show what is going on. If every telepath or telekinetic had no aura we would just have characters standing there looking like they have to crap their pants. It may be invisible to them in the comic universe or everyone that isn't a telepath since they can sense telepathic energy, but isn't invisible to us. That or it just comes down what type of psychic attack is being used or the writer if they want the characters to see it.

#8 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@walteion said:

Even telepathy has been shown to have colors. And other psychic attacks have as well. Psi-lord used yellow psi-blasts against Sue Storm who's psiconic shield is clear/invisible and that attack was visible to her. His telepathy was then shown to have a pinkish hue but Sue did not see it. Emma Frost and Psylocke are other examples. Betsy's telepathy is still purple, and Emma's has shown to be pink/purple on occasion whether using just straight telepathy or psi-blasts. It's an artists way to show what is going on. If every telepath or telekinetic had no aura we would just have characters standing there looking like they have to crap their pants. It may be invisible to them in the comic universe or everyone that isn't a telepath since they can sense telepathic energy, but isn't invisible to us. That or it just comes down what type of psychic attack is being used or the writer if they want the characters to see it.

oh yah i know but what i'm saying is that it's invisible (ex.when sue storm goes invisible in the comics we can still see her and also her invisible force field while it's invisible) and yah telepathy have shown colors but i think only in psi-blasts , but sometimes they make glowing eyes and an aura around the head , it looks very cool by the way but in new x-men hellion aura was too over , green energy everywhere and glowing in every part of his body i think it's cool but it was too much , a simple green glowing would be better . my question is can they use the colored energy in dark places to make light ?

#9 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion: Psylocke has IIRC.

#10 Posted by Gawdzilla (375 posts) - - Show Bio

@Steps said:

Reminds me of Ermac

Yeah he does.

#11 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@walteion: Psylocke has IIRC.

i'm sorry i didn't understand , psylocke has what ?

#12 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion: Psylocke has lit dark places IIRC.

#13 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@walteion: Psylocke has lit dark places IIRC.

by using her katana i know that , but can she light a dark place with her telepathic butterfly energy ?

#14 Posted by God_Spawn (38293 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion: Why does it have to be her telepathic butterfly? You asked if Hellion could form a light with telekinesis, I know Psylocke has, if Hellion can it's possible.

#15 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@god_spawn said:

@walteion: Why does it have to be her telepathic butterfly? You asked if Hellion could form a light with telekinesis, I know Psylocke has, if Hellion can it's possible.

yah i know my whole question is : is the telepathic and telekinatic energy visible ? can they form colord enegy around things in order to move them ? and yah i know the katana is visible and everyone can see it inside the comic , but we still don't know if her telepathic butterfly is visible , and i don't think that the telepathic and telekinatic energy is visible , cause if psylocke tries to read someone mind or mind control him evryone will know cause of the colord energy , but i don't think that telekinatics can form a light expect psylocke cause of her telekinatic katana , it is cool the whole light thing but it's also not cool in the same time

#16 Posted by why_you_mad_tho (135 posts) - - Show Bio

Eeveryone has a telekentic aura as it's been pointed out,  but Hellion is the only one i know of who's aura makes a sound. Most of the time when Hellion uses his powers a vroooommm sound fx is made. I don't recall it happening with anyone else.

#17 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellion also tended to have a force-like aspect to his TK, in AX and NXM. He could form energy platforms to carry people (instead of just lifting them), could shoot what looked like force bolts to knock people down (again instead of just lifting them), and could create TK fields. I found (when creating him as a game character) the force set of powers in Champions Online was more suited to him than TK was, because of the structure aspect--protective bubbles, bolts of energy, platforms, etc.

Also, most TK's don't get an entire aura. Usually just around their heads. And yes, he is the only TK to have a sound effect. AND I've never seen a TK channel their powers so consistently through a limb (Hellion almost always uses his hands, only a few examples where he hasn't).

#18 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion said:

@god_spawn said:

yah i know my whole question is : is the telepathic and telekinatic energy visible ? can they form colord enegy around things in order to move them ? and yah i know the katana is visible and everyone can see it inside the comic , but we still don't know if her telepathic butterfly is visible , and i don't think that the telepathic and telekinatic energy is visible , cause if psylocke tries to read someone mind or mind control him evryone will know cause of the colord energy , but i don't think that telekinatics can form a light expect psylocke cause of her telekinatic katana , it is cool the whole light thing but it's also not cool in the same time

I see what you're saying: is the light visible to the CHARACTERS? What we see and what the people in the story see may be different. The answer would seem to be that only the writers really know for sure, and probably don't think about it. In Hellion's case however, I'd say that at least his VROOOOM sound is apparent to others, and him using his hands to route it. I'd also hazard a guess that yes, his light is visible since it fills up his eyes and shows up in any telekinetic constructs he creates. I've always pictured it as being visible to the characters and have written scenes in fanfics where he can cause light in the dark. It would make sense: he's releasing energy to perform telekinetic acts. Energy is an indirectly observed quantity, the ability to do work. A sign of energy transfer is heat. That's how lights function-the electrons in the atoms of a light filiment are excited by electrical energy. As the electrons fall down to lower orbital levels, the energy is released in the form of photons (or little packets) of light. I could imagine Julian releasing TK energy and a byproduct of this energy is photons of light with a wavelength and frequency corresponding to the green spectrum, meaning they are somewhat midway on our visible spectrum and therefore not low energy (red is lowest, purple/violet is highest, and greens to blues are midrange). So the short answer is: I don't see why not, it would follow the laws of physics and chemistry that I am currently aware of.

#19 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@k2 said:

Hellion also tended to have a force-like aspect to his TK, in AX and NXM. He could form energy platforms to carry people (instead of just lifting them), could shoot what looked like force bolts to knock people down (again instead of just lifting them), and could create TK fields. I found (when creating him as a game character) the force set of powers in Champions Online was more suited to him than TK was, because of the structure aspect--protective bubbles, bolts of energy, platforms, etc.

Also, most TK's don't get an entire aura. Usually just around their heads. And yes, he is the only TK to have a sound effect. AND I've never seen a TK channel their powers so consistently through a limb (Hellion almost always uses his hands, only a few examples where he hasn't).

i agree with every word u sayed , he mostly use forcefields and TK structure and forcebolts , sometime i forget that hellion is a telekinatic ! and u r right he doesn't use his head/mind he mostly use his hands and channel the energy not like jean grey wich her powers always come from her mind i don't remember jean channeling her power through her hand !

#20 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@why_you_mad_tho said:

Eeveryone has a telekentic aura as it's been pointed out, but Hellion is the only one i know of who's aura makes a sound. Most of the time when Hellion uses his powers a vroooommm sound fx is made. I don't recall it happening with anyone else.

yah i agree , i think hellion is the only telekinatic who had a sound effect ! but the sound effect was removed after a number of comics , i don't think the sound is beeing used now !

#21 Posted by k2 (473 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion said:

@why_you_mad_tho said:

Eeveryone has a telekentic aura as it's been pointed out, but Hellion is the only one i know of who's aura makes a sound. Most of the time when Hellion uses his powers a vroooommm sound fx is made. I don't recall it happening with anyone else.

yah i agree , i think hellion is the only telekinatic who had a sound effect ! but the sound effect was removed after a number of comics , i don't think the sound is beeing used now !

He didn't have a sound effect in Academy X, nor did he have one after NXM. It was only under Kyle & Yost that he had a sound effect. I consider Kyle & Yost as being more canon than the other writing Hellion has gotten (even just slightly above his creators in Academy X, Weir and DeFillipis), so in my view, his powers should always go VROOOM! It's just cool. I'm a fan of the noisy and force construct version of Hellion, lol.

Also, not related to just powers but I hate his floating big chunky robot arms. His depiction by Takeda in X-23 #17-19 is much more to my style, sleek metal hands that somewhat resemble his original ones. Especially since he has a force-construct tendency...I don't like how the energy is drawn between the big chunky hands. To me, it should resemble more of an arm made of green energy. It's likely that his brain would automatically choose the form of an arm since he still has the neural connections for arm nerves, so t me it would seem to be an automatic thing since the telekinetic arms/control of the hands is pretty subconscious: he seems to use them directly as hands rather than as objects he's manipulating with TK. I can't recall exactly which issue right now but there's been a couple where he's been knocked around and he doesn't drop the arms. If he was consciously manipulating them, being hit by something should make him drop them (as he's been shown to be vulnerable to loud-pitched noises and damaging hits, dropping his power usage when disrupted). This suggests his hands/arms are subconsciously controlled since he hasn't once dropped them yet. And therefore it follows that his brain should be treating them like arms and doing the arm-shape thingy :o)

#22 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@k2 said:

@walteion said:

@why_you_mad_tho said:

He didn't have a sound effect in Academy X, nor did he have one after NXM. It was only under Kyle & Yost that he had a sound effect. I consider Kyle & Yost as being more canon than the other writing Hellion has gotten (even just slightly above his creators in Academy X, Weir and DeFillipis), so in my view, his powers should always go VROOOM! It's just cool. I'm a fan of the noisy and force construct version of Hellion, lol.

Also, not related to just powers but I hate his floating big chunky robot arms. His depiction by Takeda in X-23 #17-19 is much more to my style, sleek metal hands that somewhat resemble his original ones. Especially since he has a force-construct tendency...I don't like how the energy is drawn between the big chunky hands. To me, it should resemble more of an arm made of green energy. It's likely that his brain would automatically choose the form of an arm since he still has the neural connections for arm nerves, so t me it would seem to be an automatic thing since the telekinetic arms/control of the hands is pretty subconscious: he seems to use them directly as hands rather than as objects he's manipulating with TK. I can't recall exactly which issue right now but there's been a couple where he's been knocked around and he doesn't drop the arms. If he was consciously manipulating them, being hit by something should make him drop them (as he's been shown to be vulnerable to loud-pitched noises and damaging hits, dropping his power usage when disrupted). This suggests his hands/arms are subconsciously controlled since he hasn't once dropped them yet. And therefore it follows that his brain should be treating them like arms and doing the arm-shape thingy :o)

yah i agree the sound effect was sooooo cool ! and i think that since he lost his arms his powers begin to change , i don't mean anything but he grow stronger and his powers are seeming more TK , cause in new x-men his powers seemed more like "green energy force " cause he used force fields and constructs and force bolts more than just lifting and pushing things with mind . i think his arms looks great , i like the energy around them and the way he moves them , and yah they act like real arms ! it's amazing his powers really growed stronger mabye cause he don't channel the power through his bdy and hand now he release it from his brain.

#23 Edited by why_you_mad_tho (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@k2: Sometimes when im bored i create my own story for my favorite comic characters. ITS NOT FANFICTION!!!!!!. Any who, all the ones with Hellion have him using his old school construct Telekinesis. His favorite being floating chained samurai swords that are pretty much a cross between Kratos Blades of Chaos and Spawns chains. And also in both he uses his aura as hands. I was inspired to add that awhile ago by this scan

I definitely miss his construct days, and i was hoping that he would start going full green lantern. Also bring back the vroooooooom. And then tapping into his ..ugh Teke force would switch him to his style seen in legacy.

Ps: I also had an idea for Rockslide who instead of firing off his hands fires small pieces off rock like a Gatling gun. This would result in a slimmer, sleek design as he fires off the rocks from his body. And he would be quicker and uses a more sophisticated fighting style than his typical hit'em hard approach. I also thought of giving him the ability to send his consciousness through rock material manipulating it like earth bending.

#24 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@why_you_mad_tho said:

@k2: Sometimes when im bored i create my own story for my favorite comic characters. ITS NOT FANFICTION!!!!!!. Any who, all the ones with Hellion have him using his old school construct Telekinesis. His favorite being floating God of war styled chained samurai swords. And also in both he uses his aura as hands. I was inspired to add that awhile ago by this scan

I definitely miss his construct days, and i was hoping that he would start going full green lantern. Also bring back the vroooooooom. And then tapping into his ..ugh Teke force would switch him to his style seen in legacy.

Ps: I also had an idea for Rockslide who instead of firing off his hands fires small pieces off rock like a Gatling gun. This would result in a slimmer, sleek design as he fires off the rocks from his body. And he would be quicker and uses a more sophisticated fighting style than his typical hit'em hard approach.

yah i agree with everything u said , soo cool i draw x-men comics too , where did u get that page ? did u draw it ?

#25 Posted by why_you_mad_tho (135 posts) - - Show Bio

@walteion: Yeah it's odd how often i find people how people have the same ideas and thought on what to do with Hellion. Especially K2...whenever i see her post i'm like

I'm terrible at drawing. Even my stick figures are pathetic. It's such a shame too because I imagine these beautiful and intricate scenes in my head but i don't have the ability to put it to paper. That scan came from X men first to last story arc specifically X-men Giant sized 2011. I also really liked this picture in X-men 13

#26 Posted by walteion (91 posts) - - Show Bio

@why_you_mad_tho: LOL , it;s okay i'm not much of a drawer too my drawings sucks too , the same problem i can imagine but i can't get it in a paper, keep drawing i'm sure ur drawing is nice :) oh this picture is amazing i loved emma's diamond form ! and the energy is amazing too !

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.