Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1276 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Hellion

BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By BuddyBulson
    Now I really do like Hellion. I was just looking at Hellions ComicVine page and I realized something.  

Scrolling down the page you will notice that since the beginning of Messiah Complex, Julian Keller has had a series of unfortunate events occur. 

SPOILER WARNING: Click here to reveal hidden content.
    1) Stabbed in the back literally! Lady Deathstrike stabbed Hellion in the back. 

2) Left Alone. When Hellion woke up from being stabbed by Deathstrike in the hospital he was left alone on his own. 

3)Death! Hellion was killed by the Leper Queen in X-force, but thanks to time traveling was saved in the last second. 

4)SF Riots. Hellion was at the center of the riots, gets punched in the face by his old teacher and mentor. Which he took his name after.  

5) HIGH FIVE! In Second Coming, Hellion lost both of his hands on the SF bridge. 

Now if you look back right before Messiah Complex Hellion was going places. His mutation was getting stronger and he was starting to develop into a awesome character. I liked the fact that he was a Magneto Loyalist to a point. I like that he is much like Magneto, Mystique, and Acolytes when it came to how he wanted to deal with things. This type of character is normally pushed until he breaks. THATS exactly what I think marvel is doing to this guy. I do like where this is all going. 

MY GUESS IS.... 

I think that he is going to start show more and more power. For example creating telekinetic hands for him self at all times. They will glow green and be very cool to look at. This will set him on to the track of what PRYO was to Magneto in the movies. When Hellion realizes that Cyclops is a nut job he will join Magneto making sure Mutants prosper. 

Your Guess?

Tell me what you think? I'd love to hear peoples thoughts on this character, I did this for Wolverine this week and going some great conversations out of it.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By k2

My guess: 

Hellion will not go evil. He's a good guy at heart, and as shown back in New X-men during the "Mercury rising" arc, he doesn't want to kill. It's a basic thing that I don't think can be altered. He also has a lot of friends, and a very slowly moving but undeniable connection with X-23 (read X-23 #1, out Sep 15) to keep him on the straight and narrow. One might argue that X-23 is not a good person to help him do so based on her own track record, but I argue that this would help her want to help him stay innocent. She asked him to kill Kimura during the New X-men arc, but this is not comparable to the fighting required by 'going evil'. Kimura was an extreme case, someone X-23 knew should die (and she was right). Hellion also has indestructible friends like Santo and Cessily, so it's less likely he could lose them and therefore be pushed over the edge.  

I also think that during the Nov/Dec Hellion Legacy arc, he will get his hands back. His real ones. There is a chance for telekinetic or robot hands, but I think they will be real.

alicemalice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2  Edited By alicemalice

I think at a certain point he is going to become somewhat of a heroic character.  Since his day one he ha been such a tool, and now that he's really hit rock bottom I think they are going to build him back up.  I really enjoyed his appearance in the new X-23 comic as well.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

He's the front runner of the next generation. He's experienced terrible trauma, been subjected to and tempted by the darker path, and is incredibly powerful. He'll be leading the X-Men one day, providing Marvel don't **** it up.

eldestrisk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

#4  Edited By eldestrisk

He's surely up for great things. =)

BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @k2:  I never said Hellion was going to be "evil" 
    I said he was going to follow in Magneto's foot steps.
     One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter. 
    I don't think he is going to start killing. Magneto never wanted to 
    kill mutants but has in the past for the greater good of the cause. 
    I cant wait to see whats to come for Hellion, he has a lot of room to grow.
    DanialCarroll

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#6  Edited By DanialCarroll

I think you might be right on the psycho-kinetic hands! That would be awesome. If they don't do that now, I'm going to be annoyed :)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#7  Edited By John Valentine
    @alicemalice said:
    " I think at a certain point he is going to become somewhat of a heroic character.  Since his day one he ha been such a tool, and now that he's really hit rock bottom I think they are going to build him back up.  I really enjoyed his appearance in the new X-23 comic as well. "
    You clearly stopped reading New X-Men early in the series.....
    alicemalice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8  Edited By alicemalice
    @John Valentine: No I have read the whole series, granted it has been awhile so I might be a bit rusty.  They've shown signs of him becoming more of a heroic character. Like him joining in on the riots during the Utopia storyline, total dick move.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#9  Edited By Korg

Hellion already tried to join Magneto during Divided We Stand. Magneto's response? "No thanks, you're a petulant child."

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By k2
    @BuddyBulson said:

" @k2:  I never said Hellion was going to be "evil"  I said he was going to follow in Magneto's foot steps.  One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter.  I don't think he is going to start killing. Magneto never wanted to  kill mutants but has in the past for the greater good of the cause.  I cant wait to see whats to come for Hellion, he has a lot of room to grow. "

Evil = Magneto's Side. Generally it is considered that you don't want Magneto to win; you're supposed to root for the X-men. Hence, Magneto's side = evil. (Was using it as a shortcut in my sentence)
    DeimosMasque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#11  Edited By DeimosMasque

Honestly I think the destruction of his hands was much like Karma's leg and the members of the 198 that were killed during Second Coming; to show that "s**t just got real!"  Me and Alice Malice were talking about this recently on why he didn't get replacements when Karma got one right away and it came down to priorities of Utopia over anything else.  Hellion isn't on a combat team, recently caused problems for the X-Men, and is Telekinetic (and needs to practice fine control since his power boost anyways.)  Karma is a Mind Control, on a combat team, and needs to move around.  With Forge gone (maybe dead) and Beast quitting really only Box is there to make prosthetic.

With him going to Magneto in Divided We Stand, and I don't think that had anything to do with going evil.  The X-Men had disbanded and he is still basically disowned by his family; with Xavier believed dead at that point, the only place to go for guidance was Magneto.  Basically the irrational actions of a teenager who had lost his way and wants to hold on or find anything to still believe in.

His actions in Utopia play up to this characterization completely.  We then see him wearing Kid Omega's sweater vest + button up shirt combo and talking about rioting.  He was just looking for purpose again, especially since Cyclops didn't seem to be putting the "New X-Men" back together after Manifest Destiny.

I think we'll see the majority of his story get played out in X-23's comic and Hope's part in X-Men.  I don't think he'll form TK hands for himself, I just think one day they'll give him cybernetic prostetics, when resources are plentiful enough to allow it.

But honestly he's one of my favorite characters so I do want to see more of him. 

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

Um, why telekinetic hands? All I can think of is those damn hands in the dungeons in Zelda, and it makes me angry T_T
    And something tells me that you're a Magneto fan...

BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @Squares:  
    i am not much of a Magneto fan then most people would think, i like the idea of what kind of villain he is. he is a freedom fighter, at any cost.
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @BuddyBulson said:
    " @Squares:   i am not much of a Magneto fan then most people would think, i like the idea of what kind of villain he is. he is a freedom fighter, at any cost. "
    Magneto is a Nazi.
    HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By HellionVulcan
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @BuddyBulson said:
    " @Squares:   i am not much of a Magneto fan then most people would think, i like the idea of what kind of villain he is. he is a freedom fighter, at any cost. "
    Magneto is a Nazi. "  

How is that possible lol .

I hope hellion has a great turn around as he's been treated so bad & he needs hands again .

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @HellionVulcan said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @BuddyBulson said:
    Magneto is a Nazi. "  

How is that possible lol .

I hope hellion has a great turn around as he's been treated so bad & he needs hands again .

"
    When people hear Nazi, they automatically think "Hitler+Germany+killing Jews", which is fine in a very simplified sense. What I mean is that Magneto is the head of a fascist movement intent on eliminating a "sub-species" through violence, intimidation and extermination in order to allow his "perfect" species to prosper. Sound familiar?
    Eet Mor Puppee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By Eet Mor Puppee

Hopefully Hellion will get hit by a meteor. He's literally the most generic character of all time.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.