Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1276 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Avengers vs X-men: How will this affect Hellion?

• 57 results
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Gawdzilla

With the big war between the X-Men and the Avengers coming soon over Hope, how do you think Hellion will be involved? As he is currently a student at JGSFHL and not a fan of Cyclops or Hope he might take the Avengers side or just sit back, watch or eat some popcorn.

There might be a chance he does get involved though. Considering that X-23 will be the main focus of the AA AVX tie-in, and the fact that X-23 shredded his heart this might be the time for Hellion to get some pay-back. Probably not likely but there's a still a chance.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By John Valentine

Sadly I don't think he'll really have a role in this event.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By AgeofHurricane

>.>.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

He'll probably be a background character and have his other limbs blown off.

Avatar image for deactivated-579156ff11b09
    deactivated-579156ff11b09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

- He will get one-shotted by Spider Woman and never seen again in the series

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By k2

@John Valentine said:

Sadly I don't think he'll really have a role in this event.

I agree.

@JoseDRiveraTCR7 said:

He'll probably be a background character and have his other limbs blown off.

I agree.

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- He will get one-shotted by Spider Woman and never seen again in the series

I agree.

If he DOES show up in this crossover, he'll be cannon fodder. Or comic relief. Hellion's not about to get a serious role in anything anytime soon. At best, his next major appearance will be him trying to be a villain and the X-men equivalent of the school running him over with a tank. Why? Coz he's my favorite character, and everything I touch turns to crap. >,>

PS- Anyone else starting to equate Hellion to Charlie Brown? (the above statement reminded me)

Avatar image for why_you_mad_tho
    why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By why_you_mad_tho

It's weird. Every time i think of something awesome for Hellion to be apart of, Marvel does it almost exactly..but without him. Like years ago i pictured Hellion in a war against the Skrulls, and he's using his TK to pick up buildings, like the empire state building and stats chucking them at Skrull space ships. But i thought to myself, Marvel would never do something like that, especially with basically a no--name like Julian. A year later Magneto in AoX is ripping up buildings, including empire state building to build Fortress x. Then after i read AoX and Schism i pictured Hellion telling wolverine and cyclops both to go frack themselves for handing over Kid Omega to the Avengers for what he did during Schism. Having Hellion mention he retained his memories of Aox. Have him be like wtf have the Avengers ever done for mutants? Where were they during Stryker's attacks. And then chewing out cyclops and wolverine both for handing over one of their own to a bunch of people who act like they couldn't care less if they were wiped out...and yet the avengers are supposed to be their allies. This would set up Hellion and Kid Omega joining forces, and perhaps some other younger background Characters who dont get into the spotlight. This would Also lead to an Xmen vs Avengers setup, because a group of mutants just busted out a mutant "terrorist". And now i hear about this Big X-men vs Avengers event, which im almost positive that Hellion will not be apart of. I was less tan surprised that it will have something to do with Hope. Because every big X-men event has to have something to do with a Summer and or Grey.

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Gawdzilla

I tweeted with Christopher Gage, the writer of X-Men Legacy and Avengers Academy, and he said the following:

I am writing a Hellion appearance in Legacy #266 today!

So you figure that issue 260.1 came out today and 263 is coming out in march that means that come June Hellion will be back Legacy (hopefully in something in other than a cameo appearance) which by then will smack dab in the middle of AVX. Let's not get our hopes too high but its something to look forward too

Avatar image for metallicmercury
    MetallicMercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By MetallicMercury

He needs to be up against the Avengers Academy. That'll be one hell of a tension-fest.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine

@Gawdzilla said:

I tweeted with Christopher Gage, the writer of X-Men Legacy and Avengers Academy, and he said the following:

So you figure that issue 260.1 came out today and 263 is coming out in march that means that come June Hellion will be back Legacy (hopefully in something in other than a cameo appearance) which by then will smack dab in the middle of AVX. Let's not get our hopes too high but its something to look forward too

Excellent. Hopefully he won't be depicted as a bully or creepy stalker.

@MetallicMercury said:

He needs to be up against the Avengers Academy. That'll be one hell of a tension-fest.

Yes, please. At least if he's going to end up as a villain he can kill the Avengers Academy characters, except for Laura, in the process.

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Gawdzilla

@MetallicMercury said:

@John Valentine said:

@Gawdzilla said:

Excellent. Hopefully he won't be depicted as a bully or creepy stalker.

@MetallicMercury said:

Yes, please. At least if he's going to end up as a villain he can kill the Avengers Academy characters, except for Laura, in the process.

I'd love to see a Hellion/X-23 fight in AVX! It would be a perfect fight for the AVX VS mini that's coming out with AVX. And if this fight were to be written by Yost & Kyle...I would be SOOOO happy

ivolution2k1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By ivolution2k1

i just hope hellion stops getting the "yamcha/krillen" treatment he is a good character and he made progress and they been systematically devolving him into some random back ground retard, i mean seriously this guy has a huge ego and loves the spot light hes not the type to be creepily watching a girl from the background its almost embarrassing

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#13  Edited By ReVamp

Hellion threads make me sad nowadays.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By John Valentine

@ReVamp said:

How so?

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ReVamp

@John Valentine said:

@ReVamp said:

How so?

Because it reminds me how much he been fcked up the a** by writers.

Avatar image for purplefeather738
    PurpleFeather738

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By PurpleFeather738

If only he wasn't my favorite character, then I wouldn't be so depressed by these threads about his role in the comics........ WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LET HIM HAVE HIS OWN STORY OR AT LEAST A PART IN SOMETHING BIG! Please Marvel, I'm begging.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By John Valentine

@PurpleFeather738 said:

If only he wasn't my favorite character, then I wouldn't be so depressed by these threads about his role in the comics........ WHY CAN'T THEY JUST LET HIM HAVE HIS OWN STORY OR AT LEAST A PART IN SOMETHING BIG! Please Marvel, I'm begging.

Please, Marvel, please!

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By why_you_mad_tho

Hellions role in AvX and in comics in general

No Caption Provided
    Joshelplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Joshelplex

Wonder if they'd actually kill him off like that

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By John Valentine

@Joshelplex said:

I really hope not.

Urgh, this was an entirely disappointing issue (yet again). Not really enjoying this book at the moment. Seriously thinking of dropping it.

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By why_you_mad_tho
    @John Valentine said:

@Joshelplex said:

I really hope not.

Urgh, this was an entirely disappointing issue (yet again). Not really enjoying this book at the moment. Seriously thinking of dropping it.

X-men Legacy is atrocious. I couldn't even get through the previous issue. It's nothing less than terrible.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By John Valentine

@why_you_mad_tho said:

@John Valentine said:

@Joshelplex said:

I really hope not.

X-men Legacy is atrocious. I couldn't even get through the previous issue. It's nothing less than terrible.

Carey's work was too Rogue-centric for my liking, but at least it was good. This is just garbage. I like about half of the characters in this book, the others I'd gladly kill off.

Avatar image for josedriveratcr7
    JoseDRiveraTCR7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23  Edited By JoseDRiveraTCR7

It looks like they killed him. I will flip if they did.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By k2

So is he dead or isn't he?

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Gawdzilla

He's not dead. His eardrums were ruptured. Same thing happened when he fought the Hulk in the World War Hulk X-Men tie-in. And guess who wrote that....Christos Gage, the same guy whose writing Legacy

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By k2

@Gawdzilla said:

He's not dead. His eardrums were ruptured. Same thing happened when he fought the Hulk in the World War Hulk X-Men tie-in. And guess who wrote that....Christos Gage, the same guy whose writing Legacy

Great, so now we can have deaf handless emo Hellion. I know he'd heal from it, but it takes time. I wonder if he'll get floating metal ears in the meantime.

This is really dumb. Not only has Hellion somehow along the way forgotten how to shield himself with TK, but he's also ceased to learn. Oh Marvel, Marvel, Marvel... -___-

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Gawdzilla

@k2 said:

@Gawdzilla said:

Great, so now we can have deaf handless emo Hellion. I know he'd heal from it, but it takes time. I wonder if he'll get floating metal ears in the meantime.

This is really dumb. Not only has Hellion somehow along the way forgotten how to shield himself with TK, but he's also ceased to learn. Oh Marvel, Marvel, Marvel... -___-

Actually i called out Gage out on Twitter and he admitted he rehashed the idea cuz he couldn't come up with a better one

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By why_you_mad_tho

@Gawdzilla said:

@k2 said:

@Gawdzilla said:

Actually i called out Gage out on Twitter and he admitted he rehashed the idea cuz he couldn't come up with a better one

Clear sign of someone who just doesn't care.

why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By why_you_mad_tho

@John Valentine said:

@why_you_mad_tho said:

@John Valentine said:

@Joshelplex said:

I really hope not.

X-men Legacy is atrocious. I couldn't even get through the previous issue. It's nothing less than terrible.

Carey's work was too Rogue-centric for my liking, but at least it was good. This is just garbage. I like about half of the characters in this book, the others I'd gladly kill off.

All i know is if i read one more comic in which rogue complains about her "complicated" relationships with gambit or magneto...im going to find cage..and punch a hole in the back of his head

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By k2

@why_you_mad_tho said:

@Gawdzilla said:

@k2 said:

@Gawdzilla said:

Clear sign of someone who just doesn't care.

Okay, I finally read the scene.

Julian flew in and was instantly knocked unconscious.

Oh Marvel. How low will you go? This was the boy that was smashing armored cars through Sentinels. And now he's unable to even enter combat without being KO'ed.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#31  Edited By x_29

@why_you_mad_tho said:

No Caption Provided

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By John Valentine

@x_29 said:

@why_you_mad_tho said:

No Caption Provided

GTFO, f&ck-tard.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By x_29

@John Valentine: Awww I think I mad him angry

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#34  Edited By Teerack

Eh honestly after X dumped him he kinda lost all of his appeal to me. Only think i see him being useful for now is dying and causing Laura to freak out.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By John Valentine

@x_29 said:

@John Valentine: Awww I think I mad him angry

Fail.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By x_29

@John Valentine: yes, that is why you fail.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By John Valentine

@x_29 said:

Haha, cool story, bro.

Just go and write some X-23 bondage fan-fic and stop posting in the Hellion forums with these unfunny and overused memes/jokes. If you're going to troll, at least make it funny.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By ReVamp

@ReVamp said:

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By John Valentine

@ReVamp said:

@ReVamp said:

Aye.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By k2

@John Valentine said:

@x_29 said:

Haha, cool story, bro.

Just go and write some X-23 bondage fan-fic and stop posting in the Hellion forums with these unfunny and overused memes/jokes. If you're going to troll, at least make it funny.

I support this statement.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

#41  Edited By TDK_1997

He won't even appear for more than a few panels.

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By x_29

@John Valentine said:

@x_29 said:

Haha, cool story, bro.

Thats ironic coming from the guy who trolls on other forums ( particularly Storm.) It is also ironic how you are going to tell me to stop using overused memes/jokes when you start your comment with an overused meme/joke.

Wanna know what i support

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By k2

@x_29 said:

@John Valentine said:

@x_29 said:

Haha, cool story, bro.

Thats ironic coming from the guy who trolls on other forums ( particularly Storm.) It is also ironic how you are going to tell me to stop using overused memes/jokes when you start your comment with an overused meme/joke.

What John Valentine was doing there...yeah. I don't know if you've heard of it before--it's a bit of a difficult concept. In the English language, it is called sarcasm. Here's a dictionary definition to help you out:

sar·casm

[sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA

noun1.harshorbitterderisionorirony.

2.asharplyironicaltaunt;sneeringorcuttingremark:areviewfullofsarcasms.

And why should I care what you support? You can support whatever the heck you want, it doesn't matter to me. Not like your opinion is gonna change anything, honey. Oh, look, I've discovered pet names too! Isn't it clever? Just so clever! Not.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By John Valentine

@x_29 said:

@John Valentine said:

@x_29 said:

Haha, cool story, bro.

Would not be irony, would be hypocrisy at best. Still irrelevant considering they're completely different situations. (Second that that, my dislike for Storm is based on valid reasons, most of my comments are not posted to troll, but to provide something realistic. Her "raindrops" are undoubtedly and objectively worse in what they post/create threads about. In other words, I do not dislike the character because she was involved with my favourite character.... ).

The fact of the matter is that X-23 would be lucky to have a boyfriend like Julian. She's a mucked up, emotionally-retarded killing machine who's been tainted by her past experiences. Sure, she couldn't help it, but she's a product of her past regardless. Julian was perfectly nice to her, helped her try to take down the facility during "Mercury Rising", was willing to go and rescue her when Kiruma had kidnapped her again in X-Force Vol. 3, this was after she'd begun to push all of her friends away again. She did basically nothing for him after his injury, where was she for him? She just went on a road trip, then ended up becoming friends with a questionably creepy Cajun and a dated, annoying, 90s-attitude vampire, before rejecting him when he needed her most. Oh, poor X-23. Hellion's such a dick.....

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By BaBaBoom

This thread made LOL and die a little inside I'll just re-read my New X-men and X-force TPBs for a good Hellion story because as of now I hate Marvel and their writers (writers that involve Hellion to be more specific).

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By x_29

@John Valentine said:

@x_29 said:

@John Valentine said:

@x_29 said:

Haha, cool story, bro.

Would not be irony, would be hypocrisy at best. Still irrelevant considering they're completely different situations. (Second that that, my dislike for Storm is based on valid reasons, most of my comments are not posted to troll, but to provide something realistic. Her "raindrops" are undoubtedly and objectively worse in what they post/create threads about. In other words, I do not dislike the character because she was involved with my favourite character.... ).

The fact of the matter is that X-23 would be lucky to have a boyfriend like Julian. She's a mucked up, emotionally-retarded killing machine who's been tainted by her past experiences. Sure, she couldn't help it, but she's a product of her past regardless. Julian was perfectly nice to her, helped her try to take down the facility during "Mercury Rising", was willing to go and rescue her when Kiruma had kidnapped her again in X-Force Vol. 3, this was after she'd begun to push all of her friends away again. She did basically nothing for him after his injury, where was she for him? She just went on a road trip, then ended up becoming friends with a questionably creepy Cajun and a dated, annoying, 90s-attitude vampire, before rejecting him when he needed her most. Oh, poor X-23. Hellion's such a dick.....

Good day little one :)

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By x_29

@k2 said:

@x_29 said:

@John Valentine said:

@x_29 said:

Haha, cool story, bro.

What John Valentine was doing there...yeah. I don't know if you've heard of it before--it's a bit of a difficult concept. In the English language, it is called sarcasm. Here's a dictionary definition to help you out:

sar·casm

[sahr-kaz-uhm] Show IPA

noun1.harshorbitterderisionorirony.

2.asharplyironicaltaunt;sneeringorcuttingremark:areviewfullofsarcasms.

And why should I care what you support? You can support whatever the heck you want, it doesn't matter to me. Not like your opinion is gonna change anything, honey. Oh, look, I've discovered pet names too! Isn't it clever? Just so clever! Not.

Awww I love you too cookie butt:) Even if what you just wrote was irrelevant to what I wrote.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By John Valentine

@BaBaBoom said:

This thread made LOL and die a little inside I'll just re-read my New X-men and X-force TPBs for a good Hellion story because as of now I hate Marvel and their writers (writers that involve Hellion to be more specific).

I reread New X-Men Childhood's End TPBs Volumes 1-5 today. Great, great series.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By BaBaBoom

@John Valentine said:

@BaBaBoom said:

I reread New X-Men Childhood's End TPBs Volumes 1-5 today. Great, great series.

I first read the New X-Men comics by downloading it over in torrent sites because I searched online to find more X-23, because I'm a fan of her in the X-Men Evolution cartoon, and since I've never walked into a comic book store in my entire life I never knew anything about her and her mini-series. I'm flat out broke so I didn't have any chance of buying her TPBs so I just pirated and it is such a revelation for me, it felt like finding Narnia in your weird aunt's/uncle's wardrobe. So far the X-23 minis and the New X-Men series ,all written by my fave writers Kyle/Yost (I thought they were one entity back then), has been the best stories I've read and I fell in love with the characters especially with Hellion. To see Hellion regress as a character in the comics his in makes me more of a DC fan when it comes to story telling at least for the Bat family. I buy more Batman comics than X-men comics now.

I thank Kyle/Yost for creating great animations that lead people like me into great comics that they themselves create.

mr_gone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By mr_gone

I miss that new x men stuff pretty badly as well, i loved it when he led the team with mercury, dust, surge, rockslide, and Talon (laura). Those were some really great stories

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.