Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1276 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

anyone don't like hellion?

• 135 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a830f8074f3a
    deactivated-5a830f8074f3a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

read how did hellion behave to x-23 in new x-men at first place ,and i can tell you ,what he done is unforgiveable.
    SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#102  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @ka385385 said:
    " read how did hellion behave to x-23 in new x-men at first place ,and i can tell you ,what he done is unforgiveable. "

He did what most stubborn, above average, good looking, rich, popular, egotistical, defensive, neglected teenagers do. May I ask you who your three favorite X-Men characters are incidentally?  

Hey, if your sticking up for X-23, I am so totally behind you, I am a much bigger X-23 fan than I am a Hellion fan lol. X-23 has actually killed people though, I mean, its understandable why, when we look at her background, and thats applicable to all characters. You have to weigh these things up. If Hellion is 'unforgivable' by way of being a jerk, well, like I said before, who are your three favorite characters? Imma gonna bet that they ain't so squeaky clean if they have been around as long as Hellion. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@SC said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    " read how did hellion behave to x-23 in new x-men at first place ,and i can tell you ,what he done is unforgiveable. "
     He did what most stubborn, above average, good looking, rich, popular, egotistical, defensive, neglected teenagers do. May I ask you who your three favorite X-Men characters are incidentally?   Hey, if your sticking up for X-23, I am so totally behind you, I am a much bigger X-23 fan than I am a Hellion fan lol. X-23 has actually killed people though, I mean, its understandable why, when we look at her background, and thats applicable to all characters. You have to weigh these things up. If Hellion is 'unforgivable' by way of being a jerk, well, like I said before, who are your three favorite characters? Imma gonna bet that they ain't so squeaky clean if they have been around as long as Hellion.  "

my three favorite characters are not x-men ,Spider-man ,Ghost Rider and Ricochet. 
    but non of my favorite x-men are arrogant  ,like nightcralwer.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#104  Edited By John Valentine
    @ka385385 said:
    You realise that characters change? 

Well....
    Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#105  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @John Valentine: Actually he hasn't ...to Ka characters remain constant
    Avatar image for hydrabob--defunct
    hydrabob--defunct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 8

@ka385385 said:
    "  but non of my favorite x-men are arrogant  ,like nightcralwer. "
    Nightcrawlers arrogant? yeah i guess he does kinda hold that whole, "my god loves me no matter what you all say" over people a lot.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#107  Edited By k2

*eats popcorn and watches thread*

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @k2: *cracks whip* get back to writing Helix and so on
    PumpkinBomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By PumpkinBomb
    @Gawdzilla: 
    Is it just me, or is "Helix" a really poorly chosen title given Josh Foley's codename?
    Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Alaric
    @PumpkinBomb: I never even thought of that... Disturbing actually. O_o
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#111  Edited By k2

Heh. Don't worry, got lots stored up. Also, I will point out that Helix is a combination of Hellion and X-23, and is a tribute to the double helix shape of DNA. It was suggested by a reader, Laura K. Howlett on fanfiction.net. :-)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

well ,no matter what ,arrogant is bad. 
    i can see some people try to find some excuse like "it's no that worse" ,but in fact ,it's won't change  that arrogant make people bad. 
    i know there is some characters are arrogant ,but not snob ,like BEN 10(i wonder how can he be such arrogant ,when everyone look down him at school when he was 10 years old ,well probably because of omnitrix make him such faithful) ,ben 10 is arrogant  ,but he won't  handle some people like "he's such a loser" or else.  
    hellion is another story ,his arrogant   make him like snob ,he bully people ,and that bully words may be too strong for some people but that was ture if you get what i mean.
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#113  Edited By John Valentine
    @ka385385 said:
    " well ,no matter what ,arrogant is bad. i can see some people try to find some excuse like "it's no that worse" ,but in fact ,it's won't change  that arrogant make people bad. i know there is some characters are arrogant ,but not snob ,like BEN 10(i wonder how can he be such arrogant ,when everyone look down him at school when he was 10 years old ,well probably because of omnitrix make him such faithful) ,ben 10 is arrogant  ,but he won't  handle some people like "he's such a loser" or else.  hellion is another story ,his arrogant   make him like snob ,he bully people ,and that bully words may be too strong for some people but that was ture if you get what i mean. "
    Another pointless post. 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine:
    than ,i just speak to the point ,hellion not only a arrogant  snob but also a hypocrite.
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#115  Edited By Mercy_

If you don't like Hellion, then don't read stuff with him. Simple as that. 

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By John Valentine
    @ka385385 said:
    " @John Valentine: than ,i just speak to the point ,hellion not only a arrogant  snob but also a hypocrite. "
    Your point doesn't even make sense.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine:
    i believe you read new x-men already ,he  handle some people with bad manner (remember he keep x-23 out of group ,that's why i say it's unforgiveable),his arrogant is very clear ,well i been bully by some people like hellion before ,so i don't expect you guys can understand ,but he is a hypocrite ,i know that.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine:
    not exactly ,i read a few his appear and i'm sure what kind of people he is ,he's not a good person. 
    he might work for villians in future ,because i can see he also think mutant is better than human and i believe he also thin the only strong will survive .
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#119  Edited By John Valentine

@ka385385 said:

" @John Valentine: not exactly ,i read a few his appear and i'm sure what kind of people he is ,he's not a good person. he might work for villians in future ,because i can see he also think mutant is better than human and i believe he also thin the only strong will survive . "

Well, that just invalidates your opinion. Hellion thinks he's better than people. Period. Humans and mutants included.

Telcalipoca

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Telcalipoca

he is a self center ass who cares about his friends amd because of that i like him.

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @ka385385: 

As The Dude so excellently put it, " Yeah, well that's just like, your opinion, man"

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@John Valentine said:
    " @ka385385 said:
    " @John Valentine: not exactly ,i read a few his appear and i'm sure what kind of people he is ,he's not a good person. he might work for villians in future ,because i can see he also think mutant is better than human and i believe he also thin the only strong will survive . "
    Well, that just invalidates your opinion. Well, mutants are better than humans.  He's not the only mutant to think that. "

a few actully more than you think. 
    and what you say make the villian and evil born ,that's what bad guy think at that way.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Gawdzilla said:

" @ka385385: 

As The Dude so excellently put it, " Yeah, well that's just like, your opinion, man"
    "

ya ,my opinion ,and ture(in some way)  
    you got to admit my point make "some" sense.
    JonesDeini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 212

User Lists: 9

#124  Edited By JonesDeini
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " I didn't used to like him.  I don't care for all-confident bullying types.  But good writers have told good stories with him, shown him in more interesting light & given him more depth.  Now, I like the character because I feel he actually has character. "
    Nail on the head, I wish even more was going on with him these days. 
    Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#125  Edited By Mr. Mercury
    @xerox-kitty said:
    I didn't used to like him.  I don't care for all-confident bullying types.  But good writers have told good stories with him, shown him in more interesting light & given him more depth.  Now, I like the character because I feel he actually has character.
    I always liked him, but I agree with this.  

Hellion has more personality than a lot of characters imo. I really don't care about how nice, modest the characters are. As long as their believable I'll like them. If all the character were "nice/modest" you probably wouldn't have a story. 
    x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#126  Edited By x_29

Character never clicked with me at all. Though there is some potential to make him a much better character.

Avatar image for why_you_mad_tho
    why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By why_you_mad_tho

I don't know how people couldn't like Hellion. Charming, egotistical, remarkably loyal and arrogant. He's charismatic, powerful, a ladies man and he has more character and depth than most of the idiots who headline the series he appears in. Hellion had depth even when he was a "bully" in the Weir and Defilippis days. He oozed charm in just about every scene he was in with Sofia. Julian didn't like people to think he was soft..or weak. He was upset that his parents didn't attend parents-day and was forced to participate, but later told anole it was only an act to get out of working. Or when Northstar was killed. Sofia and Julian just flew around in the old spot Northstar use to teach flight training. Julian confessed how he knew Northstar cared about him. But later when he was with his friends he pretended how he could careless about Northstar or his funeral. And yet there he was watching from afar. Julian has always shown he that he valued loyalty and friendship above everything. You can say what you want about Hellion but he would risk his life, and freedom at just a chance to protect one of his friends.That's exactly why i loved Hellion and the Hellions, and hated Icarus and the new mutants. It didn't matter if Julian was getting the Hellions Squad into trouble..they followed him anyway. They did it because they knew Julian would do the same for anyone of them. Emma described him best. Even when he's being good, he's insolent. And he will always do what he FEELS is best.

k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#128  Edited By k2

This thread needs a "do not feed the bears" sign.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#129  Edited By Mercy_
    @why_you_mad_tho

I don't know how people couldn't like Hellion. Charming, egotistical, remarkably loyal and arrogant. He's charismatic, powerful, a ladies man and he has more character and depth than most of the idiots who headline the series he stars in. Hellion had depth even when he was a "bully" in the Weir and Defilippis days. He oozed charm in just about every scene he was in with Sofia. Julian didn't like people to think he was soft..or weak. He was upset that his parents didn't attend parents-day and was forced to participate, but later told anole it was only an act to get out of working. He told Anole he had only pretended to be hurt by the fact his parents had not come to parents day to get out of work. Or after Northstar was killed. Sofia and Julian just flew around in the old spot Northstar use to teach flight training. Julian confessed how he knew Northstar cared about him. But later when he was with his friends he pretended how he could careless about Northstar or his funeral. And yet there he was watching from afar. Julian has always shown he that he valued loyalty and friendship above everything. You can say what you want about Hellion but he would risk his life, and freedom at just a chance to protect one of his friends.That's exactly why i loved Hellion and the Hellions, and hated Icarus and the new mutants. It didn't matter if Julian was getting them into trouble..they followed him anyway. They did it because they knew Julian would do the same for anyone of them. Emma described him best. Even when he's being good, he's insolent. And he will always do what he FEELS is best.

If it was legal, I'd marry this post.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By k2

@The Dark Huntress said:

@why_you_mad_tho

I don't know how people couldn't like Hellion. Charming, egotistical, remarkably loyal and arrogant. He's charismatic, powerful, a ladies man and he has more character and depth than most of the idiots who headline the series he stars in. Hellion had depth even when he was a "bully" in the Weir and Defilippis days. He oozed charm in just about every scene he was in with Sofia. Julian didn't like people to think he was soft..or weak. He was upset that his parents didn't attend parents-day and was forced to participate, but later told anole it was only an act to get out of working. He told Anole he had only pretended to be hurt by the fact his parents had not come to parents day to get out of work. Or after Northstar was killed. Sofia and Julian just flew around in the old spot Northstar use to teach flight training. Julian confessed how he knew Northstar cared about him. But later when he was with his friends he pretended how he could careless about Northstar or his funeral. And yet there he was watching from afar. Julian has always shown he that he valued loyalty and friendship above everything. You can say what you want about Hellion but he would risk his life, and freedom at just a chance to protect one of his friends.That's exactly why i loved Hellion and the Hellions, and hated Icarus and the new mutants. It didn't matter if Julian was getting them into trouble..they followed him anyway. They did it because they knew Julian would do the same for anyone of them. Emma described him best. Even when he's being good, he's insolent. And he will always do what he FEELS is best.

If it was legal, I'd marry this post.

If it was legal, I'd marry Julian. People might get a little freaked when I talk to my imaginary husband though. Good thing I have a decoy...*grin*

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By John Valentine

@why_you_mad_tho said:

I don't know how people couldn't like Hellion. Charming, egotistical, remarkably loyal and arrogant. He's charismatic, powerful, a ladies man and he has more character and depth than most of the idiots who headline the series he appears in. Hellion had depth even when he was a "bully" in the Weir and Defilippis days. He oozed charm in just about every scene he was in with Sofia. Julian didn't like people to think he was soft..or weak. He was upset that his parents didn't attend parents-day and was forced to participate, but later told anole it was only an act to get out of working. Or when Northstar was killed. Sofia and Julian just flew around in the old spot Northstar use to teach flight training. Julian confessed how he knew Northstar cared about him. But later when he was with his friends he pretended how he could careless about Northstar or his funeral. And yet there he was watching from afar. Julian has always shown he that he valued loyalty and friendship above everything. You can say what you want about Hellion but he would risk his life, and freedom at just a chance to protect one of his friends.That's exactly why i loved Hellion and the Hellions, and hated Icarus and the new mutants. It didn't matter if Julian was getting the Hellions Squad into trouble..they followed him anyway. They did it because they knew Julian would do the same for anyone of them. Emma described him best. Even when he's being good, he's insolent. And he will always do what he FEELS is best.

Nail on the head, bro. One of the many reasons I like Hellion. This post doesn't touch on the Kyle and Yost era characterisation. Hellion should be A-list.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#132  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I haven't read much of him, but I didn't like what I did. He seems like a supreme tool

Kairan1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#133  Edited By Kairan1979

@why_you_mad_tho said:

So true. And that's what make me incredibly angry and sad. One of the best New X-Men was butchered by the writers.

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#134  Edited By SC  Moderator
    @lykopis said:

@SC said:

Wow, I used to be relatively impartial to appreciative of Hellion, but after some of the arguments in this thread, lmao I feel like a fully fledged admirer. He's young and had a harder life than most, he's smart too, just a bit angry as well, and justifiably so. He'll be one of the luckier characters that gets to develop a bit, cool. (Reminds me a tiny bit of Justice in that sense)

Considering that was posted over a year ago - reading through this thread made me feel like this as well. As for him being one of the luckier characters to get developed, that hope is fading fast.

I tend to be this way with most characters. I either am impartial or I like them. Can't understand hatred for characters, or a persons ability to try and devalue and demean another character just for the sake of propping up their favorites. The irony often is that the more tenacious a person seems to be attacking characters, the more perplexed they are when people attack their favorites or sometime, its even the sensitivity towards not fully supporting a character that is perceived as an attack.  

I wish Carey or K&Y could do another team X-Men book. Hellion isn't my favorite New X-Man, but to me, he adds an incredible amount of diversity and story and plot progression as well as character interaction. Hopefully he is not lost for too long. Reminds me of that Club? The My Favorite Character Had Some Great Stories and Potential, but Then They Got Buried For a Few Years Club. lol Some big X-Men characters have gone though such periods, including characters like Cyclops, Storm, Gambit, Xavier. Of course we always know they will eventually return to the spotlight and with Hellion its a bit riskier, but its worth considering for myself other characters get treated unfortunately as well. Its a pretty standard X-Problem actually. My hope is that he develops more and more rather than become a cliche thats easy to project into.  
    Avatar image for why_you_mad_tho
    why_you_mad_tho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#135  Edited By why_you_mad_tho

Hear that guys? Cyclops, Storm, Xavier and Gambit have all been treated badly by writers before, and they bounced back just fine. So there's hope. So all hellion needs to do is be featured in multiple Emmy winning cartoons, blockbuster movies, and 2 dozen or so comics a year for the next 60 years...and maybe he can bounce back like those guys. I mean it only took small characters like Icarus 20 years to make it back into the spotlight, and Hellion gets about one panel every 4 or 5 months so he's golden. Who cares that he's treated bad now. There's always hope..because wolverine...has been written badly before. And he gets little to know exposure. Also i hate Icarus. HATE. He's the worst.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.