Follow

Hellion

Character » Hellion appears in 1276 issues.

Hellion is a powerful mutant telekinetic. He was a student at the Xavier Institute, leader of the Hellions squad and Emma Frost's prize pupil. Hellion lost his hands during Second Coming, received cybernetic replacements, and is currently enrolled at the Jean Grey School for Higher Learning.

Age of X!

BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Edited By BuddyBulson

This picture speaks for itself! I feel like this is going to either be really good or really bad. Maybe another AOA type story? Who knows but this picture below is leaning towards Hellion having a TK hand! Who might all the shadowed characters be? I know Hope will be one for sure. I want the one with wings to be Dragoness, she is one crazy person! 
    Who do you want to see in the AGE OF X?

No Caption Provided
    ArtJoker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#1  Edited By ArtJoker

i just saw this! I am so stoked by the redesigns! Gambits got that Solid Snake going on and Hellion looks like hes ready to mess Sh!@ up! My guesses as to who are blacked out are Pixie, Aurora, Northstar, danger, bishop?(I mean who else currently uses guns other than Cable: Dead r.i.p., and Hope), Cannonball, and Exodus?(He's got that thingy going on with his costume but i cant think as to a good reason he would be working with the x men, maybe to be closer too Magneto? I think some personal favorites I would like too see but know they are probably a longshot are Sunfire, Warpath, Omega Sentinel, regardless I gonna get this, 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#2  Edited By xerox_kitty

Young man, there's no need to feel down.
    I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
    I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
    There's no need to be unhappy.

Young man, there's a place you can go.
    I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
    You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
    Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the Y X-M C A...!

fbdarkangel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#3  Edited By fbdarkangel
    @xerox-kitty said:
    " Young man, there's no need to feel down. I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground. I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town There's no need to be unhappy. Young man, there's a place you can go. I said, young man, when you're short on your dough. You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find Many ways to have a good time. It's fun to stay at the Y X-M C A...!    "
    win! epic win! where's the like button!
    Avatar image for afternoonwalker
    AfternoonWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By AfternoonWalker

SO the new ones are "Berserker" and "Nightmare" (assuming the winged lady is Nightmare).  Looks like warpath will be Berserker and is Gambit holding a rifle in his right hand?
    Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By Backflip

I reckon that Thunderbird is coming back after Chaos War, as in, he'll be alive again and will be Berserker.

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By John Valentine
    This looks awesome! 
    Hellion does need a shirt, however.

@Backflip
    said:
    " I reckon that Thunderbird is coming back after Chaos War, as in, he'll be alive again and will be Berserker. "
    Unlikely, and this is an alternative universe story anyway. Plus, Beserker is holding what seems to be a tomahawk - Thunderbird never used melee weapons but Warpath does.
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7  Edited By N7_Normandy
    @John Valentine said:
    " This looks awesome! 

@Backflip
    said:
    " I reckon that Thunderbird is coming back after Chaos War, as in, he'll be alive again and will be Berserker. "
    Unlikely, and this is an alternative universe story anyway. Plus, Beserker is holding what seems to be a tomahawk - Thunderbird never used melee weapons but Warpath does. "
    how do you know it's an alternate universe?  Has Hellion lost his hands in any universe other than 616?
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By John Valentine
    @N7_Normandy said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " This looks awesome! 

@Backflip
    said:
    Unlikely, and this is an alternative universe story anyway. Plus, Beserker is holding what seems to be a tomahawk - Thunderbird never used melee weapons but Warpath does. "
    how do you know it's an alternate universe?  Has Hellion lost his hands in any universe other than 616? "
    "It's unlike any other X we've seen", similar to Age of Apocalypse, current 616 characters look completely different.....

No, he has not, but he's only been featured in House of M and the other one in Academy X, I believe.  
    He had his hands in Wolverine and the X-Men.
    N7_Normandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9  Edited By N7_Normandy
    @John Valentine said:
    " @N7_Normandy said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " This looks awesome! 

@Backflip
    said:
    how do you know it's an alternate universe?  Has Hellion lost his hands in any universe other than 616? "
    "It's unlike any other X we've seen", similar to Age of Apocalypse, current 616 characters look completely different..... No, he has not, but he's only been featured in House of M and the other one in Academy X, I believe.  He had his hands in Wolverine and the X-Men. "
    well I guess we'll find out.  Could be something where 616 collides with another reality or something
    John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By John Valentine
    @N7_Normandy said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " @N7_Normandy said:
    " @John Valentine said:
    " This looks awesome! 

@Backflip
    said:
    "It's unlike any other X we've seen", similar to Age of Apocalypse, current 616 characters look completely different..... No, he has not, but he's only been featured in House of M and the other one in Academy X, I believe.  He had his hands in Wolverine and the X-Men. "
    well I guess we'll find out.  Could be something where 616 collides with another reality or something "
    Then that would be a divergent reality, not 616 canon. 
    Avatar image for afternoonwalker
    AfternoonWalker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By AfternoonWalker

I thought hellion lost his hands, from this pick it looks like he's cut off at the bicep... and it's still bandaged up.  I wouldnt be surprised if this an alternate universe but I would be disappointed
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @AfternoonWalker said:
    " I thought hellion lost his hands, from this pick it looks like he's cut off at the bicep... and it's still bandaged up."
    Correct.  He ONLY lost his hands, yet in this promo the stump is just short of his shoulder.  There's a massive gap between his stumpy-upper arm & the TK floating hand.  We also can't see if he has a left arm at all.  And Earth-616 Hellion had problems controlling objects smaller than a refrigerator with his powers... 

If he's only got one arm, then it's gonna be seriously hard for him to dance along to the Village People...
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By BuddyBulson

I think that Berzerker is supposed to be the winged girl, but she was once known as Scaleface, both brought back during Necrosha. As for Nightmare I am guessing that is Thunderbird from the same series.

my second guess is that Age of X is about mutants that have all been to HELL and back. Not died, but have been all going through some hellish times. Hellion gets the short end of the stick in every story, Thunderbird, Scaleface and Berzerker all died, and Gambit is Death. I wouldnt be shocked if pixie, or one of the dead cuckoos shows up. I like how this is shaping up to be a good story!

these are just my thoughts and ideas of what Age Of X could amount to. 

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @BuddyBulson said:
    "  I think that Berzerker is supposed to be the winged girl, but she was once known as Scaleface, both brought back during Necrosha."
    I really like that theory, but Berzerker was Scaleface's boyfriend.  She could transform into a dragon-esque croc-agator.  So becoming a pink bat-winged cutie seems a little far-fetched for the dead morlock :(
    BuddyBulson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By BuddyBulson
    @xerox-kitty: 
    oh and its ok for hank pym to take the name of his dead lover, The Wasp,  but not ok for Scaleface to? I also think her power is much like Dragonwing or Evangeline Whedon. Maybe she only gave herself the wings and a pinkish makeover. That would be pretty awesome if you ask me. We lack any Morlocks on Utpoia except Litterbug, and he was part of the Chicago Morlocks.    
    The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Kweschun_Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Kweschun_Mark

Who is to say that the ping-dragon winged girl/woman isn't Pixie? She did have demonic wings in that mirror that showed her what she'd look like without her soul.  

Just throwing it out there. 

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18  Edited By CellphoneGirl

Maybe that shadowed figure that looks like Pixie could be Luz from x-men legacy?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#19  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

WOOOO! HELLION RULES! It's a shame I'm now boycotting Marvel as of about 30 minutes ago, because I love Hellion and really wanted to read this.
    Kweschun_Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kweschun_Mark

Actually judging by the metal in the background I think it's safe to say either Lorna or Magneto is involved. 

CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#21  Edited By CellphoneGirl

That Nightmare chick kinda of reminds me of   Dragoness

Kweschun_Mark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Kweschun_Mark
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By xerox_kitty

There are 2 or 3 other Age of X threads. Please keep this one to talk about Hellion only (since this is in the Hellion forum).

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24  Edited By Gawdzilla

Mike gave an interview over on CBR about Age of X and how its a world were  and i quote:  " in a world that has never known the X-Men, in which the X-Men never came together as a team".

So we as members of the Hellion Nation( a term i have coined over on CBR, come join us to spread the awesomeness that is Hellion) should start wondering how does our boy Hellion fit into this world/story? How big of an effect will he have? Who will he be spending most of his screen time with?

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Alaric

Hellion Nation... Love the sound of that! lol

As far as Age of X is concerned looks like all we know about Hellion is going to be thrown out the window. This will be a world where "mutants came into their own without other mutants." So I can't wait to see how this will work for Hellion. No Frost, No Hellions, No New X-Men?

Of course this may scare the few die hard Helix fans: "Both also hinted that this leads to "all bets [being] off" when it comes to personal relationships. Since this will be the first time many of these characters meet within an entirely new context, it allows for different types of friendships and relationships forming."

Sooo since I havent seen X-23 in any cover art, maybe she won't exist in Age of X? Can't say I'm too sad though. I've often felt that X-23 held back Hellion's development in some ways (keep in mind that I am a fan of the pairing) but I'm hoping we get to see a cool alternate version of Hellion here. And hey, if he does have ties with other female characters here... It isn't exactly cheating seeing as how its an alternaverse Hellion not the main man of the 616! ;D  

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Gawdzilla

Indeed. I'm also interested to see how AoX ties in with 616 and what AoX Hellion means for his 616 counterpart. 

Next question points out that Hellion is missing limbs in the Age of X teaser as well. Carey says there was a similar event that happened to him in this reality, but he's been used to his situation for longer than his 616 counterpart.  Ketchum adds that it's "more important to what it means for his future in the Marvel Universe." 

As we can see from this interview snippet that AoX might have a major impact on 616. 

As for X-23, it hard to say if she'll appear or not. We don't even know if Wolverine will be in it, let alone her. Its going to be interesting to see him forge new relationships with the other characters.

sandman813

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#27  Edited By sandman813

Well I think this version of hellion looks cool using his tk to manipulate his artifical hands.Lets just hope that the 616 version learns to do that.
    xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @sandman813 said:
    "Well I think this version of hellion looks cool using his tk to manipulate his artifical hands.Lets just hope that the 616 version learns to do that. "

Yeah, hopefully Carey is planning something that will give him some finer control in regular continuity as well.  Still... I can't help but wonder what happened to AoX Hellion to lose his whole arms... the poor love :(
    Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Alaric

Personally I'm hoping for some broody back-story about being tortured when he was younger. Making him what he is now, a TOTAL BAD ASS survivor. >:)

John Valentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By John Valentine
    @Alaric said:
    " Personally I'm hoping for some broody back-story about being tortured when he was younger. Making him what he is now, a TOTAL BAD ASS survivor. >:) "
    Like.
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By k2
    @John Valentine said:
    " @Alaric said:
    " Personally I'm hoping for some broody back-story about being tortured when he was younger. Making him what he is now, a TOTAL BAD ASS survivor. >:) "
    Like. "
    Ditto! Only thing I don't like about this universe is...no X-23! Blah! But I know not everyone wants that ;-) so it's still looking pretty good!
    sifsclub

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By sifsclub

They better not ditch the Trench Coat. Or at least keep him some sort of Coat/Jacket.

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Alaric

I'm fairly sure the shirtless look is a form of fan service. lol

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Alaric said:
    "I'm fairly sure the shirtless look is a form of fan service. lol"

Yes, but not for the girls...
    k2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By k2

Pffft. I like it and I'm female :o)

Alaric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Alaric

Haha, I think it just inspires machismo in guys. XD At least for me anyways.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

Interesting thought. I'd wanna bring in Rogue, Magik, Anole, Forge, Empath, Darwin, and maybe Random. Is he still alive? I'd throw in Emma Frost, but she's probably too busy as it is. Wouldn't mind seeing Husk again, but every time she's even mentioned I'm filled with dread at the inevitable reunion of her and Decibel. Uuugh.

Virus_Warning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Virus_Warning

While I'm super excited to see Hellion in AoX I'm also not a fan of the shirtless look
    Although...if the X-Men didn't exist he technically shouldn't be named Hellion since he got it from Emma and they were her former students...

@Squares:
    Aw, why filled with dread?
    I like Chamber (since Chamber's cooler than Decible) and Husk
    -Virus

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By xerox_kitty

No-one really seems to have picked up on the little info we have on AoX Hellion so far:

Hellion has had longer to work with his artificial arms in "Age of X," but Ketchum said that this is less important in the crossover than what this means for the regular X-Men universe.

Marvel's Next Big Thing: "Age Of X" 

So... when & how did he lose his arms in this slightly different universe?

Gawdzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Gawdzilla
    @xerox-kitty said:
    "

No-one really seems to have picked up on the little info we have on AoX Hellion so far:

Hellion has had longer to work with his artificial arms in "Age of X," but Ketchum said that this is less important in the crossover than what this means for the regular X-Men universe.

Marvel's Next Big Thing: "Age Of X" 

So... when & how did he lose his arms in this slightly different universe?

"
    guess we'll have to wait and find out
    Virus_Warning

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Virus_Warning

So excited for it!  I hated them at first but the TK/armor arms are starting to grow on me.  Slowly
    -Virus

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Valtot

Valtot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Valtot

ive looked up in some sneak peaks and that guy in silver is magneto not cable im fairly certain

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By xerox_kitty
    @Valtot: Sorry, but this is a thread about Hellion's appearance in the Age of X.  For discussion on other characters, please try the threads in the Age of X forum.  Thanks.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.