I wanted to start reading Hellboy and B.P.R.D.

#1 Posted by MECHAPIXEL (53 posts) - - Show Bio

which trades should I read to start?

#2 Posted by macleodish (5 posts) - - Show Bio

to start getting into the flow of bprd you should start reading the trades in the correct order with each trade relying on you having knowledge of the group past adventures and mishaps with hellboy beeing the opstie with seed of destruction a vital read and then any other trade upto to island arc beeing easy to read past the island changed how hellboy is portraed. i perosnaly now enjoy bprd more than current hellboy issue with bprd beeing a comic that shows how a team rearly fucntion with all the members showinjg human problems and emotions. sorry for any spelling mistakes

#3 Posted by Slinger (7640 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, Hellboy is really easy to get into. You really can pick it up at the beginning of any new arc. BPRD is a little trickier, you really have to know what's been going on.

#4 Edited by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

Hellboy has no strict reading order for the most part,you can pick up any trade and go from there, it's just you get a slightly more full filling reading experience in you read it in order, but B.P.R.D. has a linear narrative that you need to read in order

#5 Posted by MECHAPIXEL (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks some of those trades are at the library and the rest I'll just buy myself.

#6 Posted by Nighthunter (28582 posts) - - Show Bio

so could anyone tell me the order of all the miniseries?

#7 Posted by Pinhead230280 (58 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nighthunter: 
Hellboy: 
  • Seed of Destruction
  • Wake the Devil
  • Masks and Monsters
  • The Chained Coffin
  • The Right Hand of Doom
  • Conquer Worm ( This is the point to start reading B.P.R.D.)
  • Strange Places
  • The Troll Witch
  • Darkness Calls
  • The Wild Hunt
  • The Crooked Man
B.P.R.D.
  • Hollow earth
  • Plague of frogs
  • The death
  • The black flame
  • The universal machine
  • The Garden of Souls
  • Killing ground
  • The warning
  • The Black Goddess
  • War on Frogs
  • King of Fear
#9 Posted by Lance Uppercut (23245 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.