Follow

Hellboy

Character » Hellboy appears in 710 issues.

In 1944, U.S. soldiers discovered an infant demon with a giant stone hand and named him Hellboy. Later founding the Bureau for Paranormal Research and Defense, Hellboy became the world's greatest paranormal investigator. Soon after, it was revealed that he was born to summon the apocalypse but has instead devoted his life to fighting evil forces.

Hellboy Animated

ShufflerHS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By ShufflerHS

I thought this would be a good topic to bring up. What are your opinions of the two animated movies and various related comic books released? I have both films and find them enjoyable but Sword of Storms was much better paced IMO. I also think the universe they have created through the comics and movies is a great offshoot of the original Hellboy universe. It keeps the feel but with a new twist, I especially love the way Abe is handled, they made him such a badass compared to the movie version. Glad everyone returned to do their voices as well.

Cryo-Wolf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By Cryo-Wolf

I loved the Hellboy movie with the Vampire and Werewolves. Those are my bread and butter. An Abe is the coolest character on the show and in the movie.

venomjr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By venomjr

Loved both animated movies but love Blood & Iron the most because it has elements taken from one of my favorite Hellboy stories: Wake the Devil.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

I bought the first dvd but haven't had the time to watch it. I'm sure I'll pick up the second too. I have faith that it'll be good.

Darth Balls

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Darth Balls

the movies animated movies are great, good stories and art work by mike mignola himself. cant go wrong with that.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Apparition

i kinda liked the comics, didnt like the movie, or the animated movies.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.