Hellboy 3 (movie)?

#1 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

I was just wondering if anyone knew when or if, Hellboy 3 is coming? 

the Movies are what got me started into Mike's work, and now I can't stop reading them.
#2 Posted by Omega Ray Jay (7717 posts) - - Show Bio

Del Toro has said he would like to do a third one and everyone on board has said they are prepared to wait until he has finished The Hobbit movies however the actors are on a contract for 3 films so studios being studios it wouldn't be that much of a suprise if they push ahead with the 3rd film with another director than wait say 3 to 5 years. 

#3 Edited by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio
@Omega Ray Jay said:

"Del Toro has said he would like to do a third one and everyone on board has said they are prepared to wait until he has finished The Hobbit movies however the actors are on a contract for 3 films so studios being studios it wouldn't be that much of a suprise if they push ahead with the 3rd film with another director than wait say 3 to 5 years.  "

I hope they wait Del Toro is the pefect guy for the Hellboy films.
#4 Edited by The Lobster (1508 posts) - - Show Bio

The studios have agreed to wait for Del Toro to finish up The Hobbit, after that he stated that he'll be working on Hellboy 3. However that'll be a long wait since The Hobbit part 2 comes out 2012, so we probably won't get Hellboy 3 until 2014, however he also said that he plans on Hellboy 3 to make a 2012 realease no matter what, so who knows..... 

However, He's already stated quite a few things about the movies in a few interviews.... 

1) Rasputin  and Karl Ruprecht Kroenen will return from the first movie, and Roderick Zinco will be working with them.  This was confirmed when a animated extra ending appeared on the Hellboy 2 DVD special features.  

2) Lobster Johnson  may be staring in the film, and Del Toro has stated that he wishes to cast Bruce Campbell for the role. This was confirmed in an interview and Bruce Campbell voiced the character in the Hellboy Science of Evil video game, however the character was meant to be a secret character meant to be downloadable content, but the video game failed critically and the downloadable content was never realeased. However there is hope on getting the downloadable content realeased, a petition is out there to have the downloadable content realeased.  Sign it an we might just get it. 

3) Roger the Homunculus may make an apperence, however this hasn't been confirmed or hinted at in any way so it may jsut be a rumor.   

Hope I helped in some way, shape, or form.
#5 Posted by G Bird (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait for a Hellboy 3... I'm so into superhero movies, that's all I wanna watch lol!

#6 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8823 posts) - - Show Bio

The hellboy movies have all been enjoyable. Always enjoy more of them. Ron Perlman is perfect for the role.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.