sir_kyle's Hellboy: The Wild Hunt #8 - Part 8 review

The Kingdom Will Come

I think this is my facorite book of all time (at least one of them). Mark Waid and Alex Ross came up with something truly original, especially with the story. Playing out the book of Revelation in the lives of our beloved DC universe heroes was psychologically breath taking! Norman McKay, the main character, was based off of Ross's father who was a Protestant minister (if I remember correctly) and was parallel to Saint John (who witnessed the Revelation God gave). Sheer genius! The writing and art is some of the best I've ever seen! Near the end I was so wrapped up in what was happening that I could almost hear the music that was building up to that one moment when Billy Batson whispered "Shazam." And then seeing superman one of the few survivors kneeled in the rubble weeping over the death of his friend brings tears to my eyes every time I read it. Mr. Waid, Mr. Ross, bravo.