Follow

Heckler

Character » Heckler appears in 20 issues.

An irritating crime-fighter with the ability to annoy the hell out of anyone using his razor-sharp wit.

Stealing from Cbishop: Kfh`s hypothetical trade paper backs # 2. The Heckler: Lets get heckled!

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k

The name is like that, because the title of an annoying Superheroes own trade has to be irritating.

Do you know who Heckler is? Probably not. He had a quickly cancelled ongoing series back in the `90`s. It needs a collection, because:

-It was drawn by Keith Giffen. Billy Batson told me that he also co-plotted it.

-Written by Mary Bierbaum. If that name means anything to you. She wrote Legion of superheroes-comics.

-The book was wacky.

-It had a bit of social commentary about individuality.

-It was filled with cool, not-seen-before characters, like Generic man.

-Coloring was great, and the series was hand lettered.

-The collection would be slim, and would have all the Heckler-as-the-main character-stories ever (meaning, no difficult collecting). If enough people would like it, maybe there could be a mini. Or a maxi, even.

I`ll have to confess that I haven`t read this series. I don´t know if it was good. I think it probably was, though. It looks good.

No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 11

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k
    cbishop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 92

User Lists: 1268

I don't remember how I came to have these issues, but somewhere along the way, I've read at least part of this series. It was a lot like Ambush Bug, which makes sense, since Giffen was involved with both.

kfhrfdu_89_76k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By kfhrfdu_89_76k

@cbishop:

I`ve read that this was the case.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.