Check Out He-Man's New Look

• 93 results
#51 Edited by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: I would not mind seeing and update for her as well.

uhm, no. he-man needs to show skin, period

lol

Does anyone else get the vibe this is Thunder punch He-man? that or this is his ancestral horde armor that King Grayskull wore in his clash against hordak and lost his life but managed to banish hordak from eternia at the same time........*cough*.... >_>

#52 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (3873 posts) - - Show Bio

ehhh looks to Thor-ish for my taste

#53 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11147 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not opposed to it, he just looks really young (and slim) and looks like a Superhero. But it's the N52U now so...that's the theme.

#54 Posted by nappystr8 (1043 posts) - - Show Bio

He Man was in much need of a redesign, and I think whoever thought this suit up nailed it.

#55 Edited by maxicere (936 posts) - - Show Bio

He-man in IronMan armor... sucks...

#56 Posted by Spartan101 (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry no,its too much. Why not just change everything about him and destroy the franchise completely. His was popular because of his looks,his powers,the whole idea of he-man. If this was the look back then it wouldn't of been as big imo.

#57 Edited by jamesisaacs (213 posts) - - Show Bio

This He-man really looks like he could fit into a crossover, preferably against Darkseid, Hulk or someone else of that caliber. I like!

#58 Posted by ClintsEvilTwin (76 posts) - - Show Bio
#59 Edited by jorgeareizaga (296 posts) - - Show Bio

jim lee and his new 52 concepts RUIN EVERYTHING!

#60 Posted by fesak (7032 posts) - - Show Bio

Awful costume

#61 Posted by Boumei (22 posts) - - Show Bio

to me it looks like a cross between the He-Man outfit and the Prince Adam outfit

#62 Posted by umbrafeline (5300 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it and its way better than what he wore in the show 'the new adventures of he-man' now what was up with that?

#63 Edited by The_Hat (16 posts) - - Show Bio

By the power of horsesh*t!

#64 Edited by COBRAMORPH (1526 posts) - - Show Bio

Its pointless. It doesnt matter how the character is dressed, the story has to be good. Using the early 00's cartoon, I knew about the snakemen, but I wanted Seletor's team. I had no problem with another group of villains, in fact, with the Horde, I would have liked 4 groups vieing for control. It would force unusual alliances, He-man working with Hsss, or Hordak or bonehead to stop an alliance of the other two, then a few weeks later, he works with one of the other two etc. I've never been a fan of the us VS them, I want several groups constantly playing each other.

As for this new look, its ok, as long as She-Ra get a new outfit that covers as much as her brother's old costume covered. Just make hers a miniskirt, & He-Man's old top just with her symbol on it.

I also dont like that he looks younger.

#65 Posted by Vorien79 (88 posts) - - Show Bio

Infinitely better than the look he was rocking in the "New Adventures"!

I just hope Adora's hair grows in fast, the butch look isn't working for me.

This is so much better than...

#66 Edited by HeraldofGanthet (3247 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle:

Whoa!!! That's a hot redesign right there!

#67 Edited by Teerack (5418 posts) - - Show Bio

You sure it's He-Man? It looks more like Prince Adam to me.

#68 Edited by redhood21 (774 posts) - - Show Bio

BOOOOOooooooo

#69 Edited by Bad_People (152 posts) - - Show Bio

Covered legs and no pageboy haircut. It's good but does it say "He-Man"?

#70 Edited by ScreamingGhost (80 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh not digging it.

#71 Posted by Jake Fury (18167 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a big fan of this.

#72 Posted by ZombieMowlcher (677 posts) - - Show Bio

We need skin, and Skeletor better be Myah-ing it up.

#73 Posted by OmgOmgWtfWtf (6954 posts) - - Show Bio

I like He-Man's original gigolo look.

#74 Edited by drgnx (3551 posts) - - Show Bio

Even Hulk got armor now so it is okay with me

Pretty much Thor meets captain marvel ....

Still,

#75 Posted by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

god damn it, why are people putting clothes on?! I want more half naked characters with goofy ass costumes.

#76 Edited by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, he looks a bit young now but i like the costume

#77 Edited by Smurfboy (480 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it looks good.

#78 Posted by mattydeNero (520 posts) - - Show Bio

Not a fan of this at all.

#79 Edited by MyNameWasDeleted (679 posts) - - Show Bio

Should've gone with the Stjepan Sejic design. See? Classic and not bare legged but still showing off muscle. Skeletor's looking positively evil too

yes,Yes,YES!!!!! why they ignored this is beyond my mind's ability to comprehend... ugh

#80 Edited by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

I can safely say there are about 5 or 6 true he-man fans on this site in total. And so far those of us who have seen this approve of he-mans change.

But honestly though people. If you are not currently reading the series. what makes you think you have much of a say in what you like or dislike about the series.

For those who bought into this series and dislike the costume that is fine its your opinion. I just think this is a good direction that is a mix of fantasy and modern armour. cause really there is nothing wrong with change like this. its a positive direction to make the series more serious.

This is a design by EricGuzman

Or this one is my favourite one by Feurercorn

#81 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad, not bad really at all. Looks great, plus with Benes doing the pencils on it, you know its gonna be great!

#82 Posted by DonFelipe (1096 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this for real?

(not digging it)

#83 Edited by Spartan101 (2290 posts) - - Show Bio

In a word..crap.Sorry.

#84 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12590 posts) - - Show Bio

he looks great. he just needs to too a bit older

#85 Posted by BumpyBoo (7676 posts) - - Show Bio

Ew. Not a fan O_o

#86 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

LAaAAAAAAAAAAMe

too bishonen

we need mantits damnit

#87 Posted by 00 Raiser (442 posts) - - Show Bio

I LOVE IT! Though I do miss that power sword that Adam had in that 2002 rendition of He-Man

#88 Posted by flazam (2471 posts) - - Show Bio

Very Impressive

#89 Posted by laabitres (354 posts) - - Show Bio

looks legit i like it

#90 Edited by ssejllenrad (12847 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get the hatred for this costume. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own "hatred"... I just don't understand it.

As for the "teen" look, I think it's just artist's rendition of the face. I bet it would look butch and mature if drawn by someone else.

#91 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't get the hatred for this costume. Of course, everyone is entitled to their own "hatred"... I just don't understand it.

As for the "teen" look, I think it's just artist's rendition of the face. I bet it would look butch and mature if drawn by someone else.

this

#92 Edited by vPuik (82 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm still not sold on the artistic liberties DC is taking with the new He-Man series. It'll take me few more issues. I'm just waiting on the supporting characters to make their appearances. I just hope the new outfit is temporary.

#93 Posted by animehunter (1814 posts) - - Show Bio

@trodorne: DC have just come out with the look for She-ra, whether it's the final illustration not sure

And this is what they say about the issue this will be in so 4issue to go before if this is right before She-ra makes a full return.

HE-MAN AND THE MASTERS OF THE UNIVERSE #5

Written by KEITH GIFFEN

Art by POP MHAN

Cover by ED BENES

On sale AUGUST 21 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

Despara’s origin revealed! Plus, Hordak tells a shocking story that will change her world forever!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.