What Hawkman Origin Do You Prefer?

#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32636 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

What is his current origin? I haven't been reading the new Savage Hawkman series but I'm curious as to what his origin is now.

#3 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Imagine_Man15 said:

What is his current origin? I haven't been reading the new Savage Hawkman series but I'm curious as to what his origin is now.

I'm not totally sure as last I seen they where still revealing it slowly but I think it's Alien 
#4 Posted by Izaiah (5166 posts) - - Show Bio

I seem to recall a Hawkman origin set in ancient Egypt, but it sure didn't have anything to do with its mythology.
To answer the poll though, both.

#5 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn't Hawkman's origin a mixture of both? It was in the Justice League cartoon, anyway.

#6 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Izaiah said:
I seem to recall a Hawkman origin set in ancient Egypt, but it sure didn't have anything to do with its mythology. To answer the poll though, both.
He was Pharaoh and cursed to be reincarnated again and again  
#7 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

We win.

#8 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32636 posts) - - Show Bio
@RoboShark said:

We win.

?
#9 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Izaiah said:
I seem to recall a Hawkman origin set in ancient Egypt, but it sure didn't have anything to do with its mythology. To answer the poll though, both.
He was Pharaoh and cursed to be reincarnated again and again

...Through Thanagarian Technology. So both.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32636 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Izaiah said:
I seem to recall a Hawkman origin set in ancient Egypt, but it sure didn't have anything to do with its mythology. To answer the poll though, both.
He was Pharaoh and cursed to be reincarnated again and again

...Through Thanagarian Technology. So both.

I'm not asking what it WAS I'm asking what you would PREFER anyway the original Cartar Hall was magic based with magic weapons it wasn't till Katar Hol was introduced that the Thanagarian aspecs appeared 
#11 Posted by JonesDeini (3620 posts) - - Show Bio

The one from JLU combined the best elements of both and managed to create a coherent story. I wish that the writers at DC would take notes from their peers over in the DCaU

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22863 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87: I know, I know. I should have elaborated on that, I prefer the current one, which is what I mentioned. =P

#13 Posted by cyberninja (10413 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by RoboShark (1208 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@RoboShark said:

We win.

?

I was referring to the poll. I voted Egypt.

#15 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11060 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

What is his current origin? I haven't been reading the new Savage Hawkman series but I'm curious as to what his origin is now.

I'm not totally sure as last I seen they where still revealing it slowly but I think it's Alien

I'm pretty sure his story continues after brightest day since Hawkgirl is still dead. IIRC his current origin is the Egyptian one, however.

#16 Posted by sa5m (2112 posts) - - Show Bio

Both

#17 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32636 posts) - - Show Bio
@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

What is his current origin? I haven't been reading the new Savage Hawkman series but I'm curious as to what his origin is now.

I'm not totally sure as last I seen they where still revealing it slowly but I think it's Alien

I'm pretty sure his story continues after brightest day since Hawkgirl is still dead. IIRC his current origin is the Egyptian one, however.

He dosen't know who Hawkgirl or what Thanigaria is last I seen in the DCnU
#18 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

What is his current origin? I haven't been reading the new Savage Hawkman series but I'm curious as to what his origin is now.

I'm not totally sure as last I seen they where still revealing it slowly but I think it's Alien

I'm pretty sure his story continues after brightest day since Hawkgirl is still dead. IIRC his current origin is the Egyptian one, however.

@spiderbat87 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@Imagine_Man15 said:

What is his current origin? I haven't been reading the new Savage Hawkman series but I'm curious as to what his origin is now.

I'm not totally sure as last I seen they where still revealing it slowly but I think it's Alien

I'm pretty sure his story continues after brightest day since Hawkgirl is still dead. IIRC his current origin is the Egyptian one, however.

He dosen't know who Hawkgirl or what Thanigaria is last I seen in the DCnU

I have been reading the Savage Hawkman and they have been (in my opinion) intentionally ambiguous. Carter Hall was obviously Hawkman pre issue 1 since he was trying to destroy his costume in addition they have not said any thing that would definitively say that this is all new so I am left to ascertain that this is a continuation of his previous continuity from Brightest Day and his last run witch would make his origin C. both

#19 Edited by BlackArmor (6134 posts) - - Show Bio

Neither, I demand that Hawkman gets a new origin where his ornithologist father goes into the wilderness to study a new form of hawk when his helicopter is shot down by poachers, wounded he only manages to survive by learning the ways of the Hawk eventually he is approached by the great hawk spirit leader of the hawks in the area who invites him to join their tribe. After joining the tribe he finds love with a native female hawk and 9 months later Carter Hall is hatched from a giant egg. Later Carter's father is shot by blind poachers who mistake him for a real hawk and fry and eat him like chicken. From that day on Carter swears revenge on all humans everywhere. For he is Hawkman!!!!!................also he has a Mohawk and is also a lawyer

#20 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32636 posts) - - Show Bio
@BloodTalon: So why does he have no memory of Hawk Girl or Thanagaria?
#21 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@BloodTalon: So why does he have no memory of Hawk Girl or Thanagaria?

I am fairly certain that they have not outright said that he dose not know these things they simply have not been brought up yet unless I missed something.

Did you read some where that he did in fact not have any memory of Hawkgirl or Thanagaria or are you making an assumption?

#22 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32636 posts) - - Show Bio
@BloodTalon said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@BloodTalon: So why does he have no memory of Hawk Girl or Thanagaria?

I am fairly certain that they have not outright said that he dose not know these things they simply have not been brought up yet unless I missed something.

Did you read some where that he did in fact not have any memory of Hawkgirl or Thanagaria or are you making an assumption?

  • In issue #1 he says that anybody could have been Hawkman, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, how can that be?
  • When the Alien said "You are not of this world" Carter replies "Born and bred in the U. S of A"
  • He says he has a costume made of alien metal, not that he is one him self
  • As far as I know Carter was never a Cryptologist
  •  When Morphicus calls his metal Thanagarian he is confused
  • Waker call's him Katar Hol after he leaves as if he didn't know that's who he was
  • He's doesn't mention Hawk Girl once or that he's lost some one
#23 Posted by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@BloodTalon said:

@spiderbat87 said:

@BloodTalon: So why does he have no memory of Hawk Girl or Thanagaria?

I am fairly certain that they have not outright said that he dose not know these things they simply have not been brought up yet unless I missed something.

Did you read some where that he did in fact not have any memory of Hawkgirl or Thanagaria or are you making an assumption?

  • In issue #1 he says that anybody could have been Hawkman, he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time, how can that be?
  • When the Alien said "You are not of this world" Carter replies "Born and bred in the U. S of A"
  • He says he has a costume made of alien metal, not that he is one him self
  • As far as I know Carter was never a Cryptologist
  • When Morphicus calls his metal Thanagarian he is confused
  • Waker call's him Katar Hol after he leaves as if he didn't know that's who he was
  • He's doesn't mention Hawk Girl once or that he's lost some one

That's all circumstantial and proves nothing to me we have simply see the events of his book in different ways. If that is all you have for evidence then I stand by my statement until more substantial evidence surfaces

I see that as he is in denial of his destiny

Carter was born on earth

that is true

ya but he was an archeologist witch is close

thats debatable

this dose not contradict my idea

so? That would be part of the ambiguous thing I mentioned

#24 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32636 posts) - - Show Bio
@BloodTalon: the only person in denial here is you, saying a cryptologist is like a archaeologist is like saying a runner is the same as a Football player   
#25 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought it was a mix of both? Wasn't he a Thanagarian who lost his way and found himself on Earth and become cursed to be re-incarnated? Hence to him being a Pharaoh and whatnot.

Moderator
#26 Edited by BloodTalon (430 posts) - - Show Bio

@spiderbat87 said:

@BloodTalon: the only person in denial here is you, saying a cryptologist is like a archaeologist is like saying a runner is the same as a Football player

is that all you have. Don't be a prick just because I see things in a different light

BTW they are similar.

#27 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32636 posts) - - Show Bio
@Deranged Midget said:

I thought it was a mix of both? Wasn't he a Thanagarian who lost his way and found himself on Earth and become cursed to be re-incarnated? Hence to him being a Pharaoh and whatnot.

Yea but what one doe you PREFER?
#28 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know really... I guess the Thanagarian who lost his memory or whatever.

Moderator

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.