Star Sapphire Hawkman?

#1 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio

Think about it, Hawkman has been reincarnated throughout time together with his love Shierra. And seeing that both Hawkman and Hawkgirl value love more than life when confronted by the White Energy, isn't it possible for him to become a Star Sapphire? :P

#2 Posted by Sexy Merc (42065 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the SSC was only for feminists :3

#3 Posted by The_Warlord (1777 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sexy Merc said:
"

I thought the SSC was only for feminists :3

"
What about Abraham Pointe?
#4 Posted by NerdAlert (18 posts) - - Show Bio

But wasn't he chosen by Predator? In which case is different than a ring choosing him. Hawkgirl on the other hand, would be a different story. 

#5 Posted by BloodTalon (409 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love to see Hawkman as a Star Sapphire for a story not for ever. It would be cool he could dress like a cross between Bret the hit man hart and him self I hate that the Star Sapphires are an all girls club do they thin no men are capable of love if so thats BS

#6 Posted by shrmntnk62 (250 posts) - - Show Bio

Bret Hart LOL awesome.

#7 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, probably not

#8 Posted by BloodTalon (409 posts) - - Show Bio

@Superskrull86: Why because the writers won't do it or you think it is a bad idea?

#9 Posted by Superskrull86 (1831 posts) - - Show Bio

I think DC's writers are too hardheaded. They don't know what fans like. Some DC story arcs are OK, but for the most part they're mediocre compared to Marvel. But I do think it's an amazing idea. Hawkman needs to be much more powerful than he is.

#10 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

Only females can be accepted I believe.

#11 Posted by ComicMan24 (147016 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

Don't think that males are not allowed.

#12 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@ReVamp said:

Yes, well I do.

#13 Posted by ComicMan24 (147016 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@ReVamp said:

Yes, well I do.

I remember reading in an interview some time ago that males are allowed but they don't know if they will ever introduce a male Star Sapphire.

#14 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@ComicMan24 said:

@ReVamp said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@ReVamp said:

Yes, well I do.

I remember reading in an interview some time ago that males are allowed but they don't know if they will ever introduce a male Star Sapphire.

Thus males have yet to be accepted. I doubt DC will make Hawkman the first male Star Sapphire.

#15 Posted by ComicMan24 (147016 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@ReVamp said:

@ComicMan24 said:

@ReVamp said:

Yes, well I do.

Thus males have yet to be accepted. I doubt DC will make Hawkman the first male Star Sapphire.

Well I doubt that too. But we might see someone else becoming one in the future.

#16 Posted by BloodTalon (409 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: If you are right thats lame on DCs part not just because it would be a fun Hawkman story but the idea that men can not feel love to the point of being worthy of the Star Sapphires is just plain crap I mean what if they said no chics in GL

#17 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@BloodTalon said:

@ReVamp: If you are right thats lame on DCs part not just because it would be a fun Hawkman story but the idea that men can not feel love to the point of being worthy of the Star Sapphires is just plain crap I mean what if they said no chics in GL

I disagree actually. With the Savage Hawkman they're trying to make him kinda like Wolverine, which... Doesn't exactly look good in pink.

#18 Posted by BloodTalon (409 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: I am not suggesting that Hawkman keeps the ring. Did you read my post? So if they are trying to emulate Wolverine the love thing still works lets face it Logan gets very emotional at times.

A lot of savage deeds have been done in the name of love

#19 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@BloodTalon said:

@ReVamp: I am not suggesting that Hawkman keeps the ring. Did you read my post? So if they are trying to emulate Wolverine the love thing still works lets face it Logan gets very emotional at times.

A lot of savage deeds have been done in the name of love

They're two opposite directions, I'm not sure it would make sense to merge them.

#20 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio
@ReVamp said:

Yep, the only form of acceptable sexism; when men are excluded.  
#21 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@ReVamp said:

Yep, the only form of acceptable sexism; when men are excluded.

There's also another form of acceptable sexism. When Men have to do everything including risk their lives and Women can stand by and relax. :P

#22 Posted by BloodTalon (409 posts) - - Show Bio

@ReVamp: So we disagree thats cool.

I still think that it would be a fun 3 issue story where at the end Hawkman dose not get to keep the ring

#23 Posted by Afro_Warrior (1120 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think Hawkman would be a suitable star sapphire anyway.

Isn't that corps, for people who have had their hearts broken by love? Because Carter doesn't really fit that. While yes he has lost Shierra time and time again, he's never broken by it. Deep down he's always hopeful because he knows that they'll eventually meet again, and for a time he will be happy.

He doesn't fit the archtype of a person broken by love and left with a hole in their heart.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.