Hawkman Questions ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok I got some questions about Hawkman. 1) Is Hawkman a Human or a Alien ? 2) What is his real name ? Now alot of people are going to put Carter Hall but remember he was prince Khufu first then he died then reborn again and again until he was Carter Hall. 3) If Carter and Khufu are one and the same then how come both were broght back in Blackest Night ? Well thats it for now.

#2 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kid_Omega_Prime:

1) Human

2) Carter Hall

3) Carter is the reincarnated Khufu. The silver-age Hawkman (Katar Hol) was an alien but he has since dissapeared from sight in comics and is now replaced by Carter Hall (there are also some theories that Katar was the reincarnated Carter, but this idea has somehow been dropped)...

#3 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@mr.obvious said:

@Kid_Omega_Prime:

1) Human

2) Carter Hall

3) Carter is the reincarnated Khufu. The silver-age Hawkman (Katar Hol) was an alien but he has since dissapeared from sight in comics and is now replaced by Carter Hall (there are also some theories that Katar was the reincarnated Carter, but this idea has somehow been dropped)...

Ok so if Carter was kill then reincarnated as a guy named... Hank Smith then that would be his real name or would he still be Carter Hall ?

#4 Posted by joshmightbe (24688 posts) - - Show Bio

Hawkman has one of the most complicated back stories in comics, my one hope with the New 52 is that they stick with one origin

#5 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Quick history of Hawkman's Reincarnated lives. After his death, Khufu's soul was reincarnated countless times in markedly different eras and locations. Some of his known reincarnated identities have included:

• Brian Kent (also known as the Silent Knight), alive during 5th century Britain, lover of Lady Celia Penbrook;
  • Koenrad Von Grimm, the son of a blacksmith in 14th century Germany;
  • Captain John Smith of the 16th century English colony in Virginia;
  • Hannibal Hawkes, the Nighthawk, a gun-fighter in the American Old West, lover of Cinnamon;
  • Detective James Wright, a Pinkerton detective in the early 20th century, lover of Sheila Carr.

Eventually, the soul of Prince Khufu was reborn as Carter Hall, an archaeologist active during the 1940s. After regaining the memories of his first life in Egypt, Hall used the hawk motif of the Egyptian God Horus to inspire his role as the original Hawkman.

#6 Posted by BloodTalon (440 posts) - - Show Bio

@kid_omega_prime:

That was very well put nice and to the point with lots of great facts.

What a missed opportunity by DC I mean think about all the cool story options hear, and to all of that say that Hawkman's history is confusing is what kid_omega_prime wrote really that hard to fallow? I know what you are going to say "what about the space cop" and I agree it got weird at times, but the new 52 was a chance to forget about that bull shit and Hath Set is totally part of said BS. They could have written a story about a man who fights the good fight even though he knows that he will most likely die doing it at some point, but this time around the Nth mettle has bonded with him not only giving him this sad knowledge but more power to fight the good fight this time.

I mean would it not have been better to have the new 52 start the same way with Hawkman trying to destroy the Nth mettle outfit, but instead of the directionless crap that we got he could have gained the memories of his past lives or more like fragments of memories.

Was an other alien refugee necessary?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.